Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

theonetrueking
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2008 :  17:02:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well this is nice! a positive thread with negatives... get a grip you lot!

this is a positive thread if you got none go to the other thread for that!

I have read the books for years and love them... this film is good all of you negatives will say something good about it, personally i think too many plan what they will hate about these conversions before they watch them.

I loved this mainly cause it IS a dragonlance film. It is also well done, raistlin was great. as was tanis and sturm.

My fiancee liked it too and understood the story well even though "...too much was missed out..." as to many have stated.

I hope that the fact that this was a well done adaptation will bring forth the next two and even the legends trilogy... maybe even go back and do the prequels so that we can meet each character in more detail.

all in all i say "Good" especially the magic words raistlin uses!
Go to Top of Page

Flavius1978
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2008 :  12:22:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my opinion it was absolutely awesome to get it on the screen, and i think it worked out very good, i just hope we will see the rest of the books soon.
Go to Top of Page

Darmack
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2008 :  03:46:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to give a positive review of the ending credits. The cartoon was finally over and the pain was lessened. I did like the music that was used to support the cartoon throughout.

P.S> If you a DM and you cant see how everyone in the cage saved for damage your an idiot. When a god cast a fireball you only take the damage he wants you to.
Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2009 :  00:13:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Darmack

I would like to give a positive review of the ending credits. The cartoon was finally over and the pain was lessened. I did like the music that was used to support the cartoon throughout.

HAHA yes the end credits were nice. The character designs they showed with the voice actors looked much better than how they actually looked in the movie.

cough*BUYTHESOUNDTRACK*cough

Go to Top of Page

PalinMajere
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2009 :  07:47:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I loved the movie......yes there were voice level problems...but to me this is a work of love...of course with lots of money to throw at a project like this...it would have improoved things..yes i would have prefered a different animation..but not once did anything stop the enjoyment of watching my favorite characters being brought to life....i cherished every moment....i watched it with a friend who never read the books....but has been playing D&D for over 18 years with me...and he was thrilled watching it....every one else i watched it with had no ties to D&D or the books....and they have all loved it.....i for one cant wait for the next one!
Go to Top of Page

DeathKnight
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2009 :  17:46:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok now for the positive of this movie.my Kids view it was cool he loved Tas and rast he thinks the storie is good animation was bad(i would of used a diffrent word)but over all he said he really liked it no counting taste i guess.now for me!!(it is always harder to say something nice than it is to be negative about something why is that??)it was good to see the book come alive(soto speak)thats about the only good thing i have to say about it sorry.most people who haven't read the books like it(seems to be a theme beginning here)me i came to this site to find out when the next one is due out..not because it was good or even avarge but i'm hopeing they figured out the probs. and fixed them i'm gonna give them the benifit of the doubt on the 1st one.

Edited by - DeathKnight on 20 Jul 2009 17:49:20
Go to Top of Page

tw_fester

Canada
1161 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2009 :  17:11:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
...(it is always harder to say something nice than it is to be negative about something why is that??)... edit...(tw)

This statement is another way of saying what I said in the thread for DoWN.

"What a colossal blunder!" - Sandy Stern, Presumed Innocent

Besides... that dagger was Flint's.

Go to Top of Page

Melancholic-Symphony
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2009 :  18:08:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess the one thing I did like about the movie is that the actors had a great quality. I always remember that the director is God. It's the truth.

And if you want to say it could be worse, all I have to do is point out the obvious knock off cartoons of Snow White, Hercules, etc. I mean, if you can't find them on youtube, that says enough. I was bored and browsing some discount cartoons once. I was giggling at each one. It takes a lot for me to do that. They have to rename them too. It's just... such a great comic relief.

----------------------
Artist of many trades.
Go to Top of Page

tw_fester

Canada
1161 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2009 :  09:47:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a friend visiting and we watched the movie. He was a sci fan when we went to school together but had forgotten much of the story. He enjoyed the movie but did make mention of the horrendous animated version of LOTR, and said that DL was not as bad as that first offering.

Overall he enjoyed the film, despite its shortcomings.

O, BTW, he is now presently re-reading the books, due to the interest the film sparked in him again. Isn't that all we could hope for?

"What a colossal blunder!" - Sandy Stern, Presumed Innocent

Besides... that dagger was Flint's.

Go to Top of Page

anastari6969
Starting Member

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2009 :  16:06:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wanted to say hi and Thx to M. Hickman & T. Hickman, i've been a fan for so long that i could'nt tell u how many years its been, i'm now 32 i got almost every book (Hard Cover) u guy wrote on Dragonlance, Thx for those EPIC Story, i think i've miss 2 sadly.

My opinion about the movie, i'm a bit disapointed about the graphics as for the story to be able to put the whole book into a movie was well represented for the time alowed, i really like the movie seriously i even felt nostalgic and started crying at some point the music was wow insane, there was a few thing in the movie that didnt really fit tho with the book but i guess they were'nt able to draw as intended too large or hard to do for that solace part, i know my post is far late from when the movie was originally released but better late then never.

As a lot of people said on the other post before mine i always thought that if there was going to be a movie of dragonlance it would be a real movie. I think that if any producer or movie creater would read ur books they'll probably fall in love with it and would probably eventually put it up there. Your Story is so well written and detail that reading it make u feel touch and live the adventure, The passion the Plot the emotion involve in it is awsome.

there so many possibility as how to make the movie , i was thinking on how they made * 300 * , movie was entirely filmed in a studio everything in it was animation and it made a really nice movie.

insane name to do the movie that would make it a great one in my dreams. Jerry Bruckheimer ; James Cameron ; George Lucas ; Luc Besson ; Zack Snyder ... Like i said in my dream but dream do come true, if u believe in them .

P.s It would be really nice if Hard Cover book could be Order at any given time for fan that hate soft cover, i've miss 2 book hard cover all those years because i was either away or too occupied to be able to go and buy them sadly.

I enjoy your work i hope to see more of it Dragon Lance is the Best Novel Series i read in my life.
Go to Top of Page

elvish lad

United Kingdom
385 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2009 :  18:13:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dragonlance books are legendary!!
I love them so much! never will I tire from
reading them!
Thank you Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weis for showing us
the world of Krynn!

"Allonsey"- The Doctor
"He Who Dares, Wins"- Del Boy
Go to Top of Page

Violetta
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2018 :  03:52:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My about Trenbolone https://athletesphysiques.com/trenbolone-review-results/ positive goes to the music

Edited by - Violetta on 28 Oct 2018 12:14:08
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000