Dragonlance Movie Script Preview
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

BenevolentRobotOverlords
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2018 :  02:20:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, all. Longtime lurker. Finally made an account because my wife and I have finished a screenplay adaptation for a live action Dragonlance movie. We thought if anyone deserved a sneak peak it would be the folks on this forum.

We decided to break the first book into two movies and start with events in Que-Shu, ending this first installment after Goldmoon's showdown with Onyx in Xak Tsaroth. This means we don't have to rush so much and can include all the great character moments and action that any DL fan would hope to see up on the big screen. Not every scene is identical to the book, but we did try very hard to be true to the spirit of the characters and their journey. We'd like to think Margaret and Tracy would approve.

The link below goes to a google drive PDF of the first two acts (out of five). We'd love to hear what you all think.

Feel free to spread the link around if you dig it. If we make enough noise, maybe Margret and Tracy will see it and we can find out if they really do approve.

Enjoy.

https://goo.gl/LU9kFp

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2018 :  01:52:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for sharing this. Sadly I am about to go to bed and dont have time to read but I shall certainly do so soon.

"Ladies and Gentilman welcome to my life again" Sonata Artica
Go to Top of Page

CodyAllen
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2020 :  19:53:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No love for such a large amount of effort?

Must have been disappointing. Seems this forum needs new life.

I read the opening and enjoyed it. You certainly know the material. I thought it showed promise and the characters were well-portrayed. It was not a difficult read. The sequences flow well from place to place.

There were some things I worried about but would enjoy reading more some time. Did you complete the second episode with the slave caravan, Qualinesti, and the battle at Pax Tharkas? I'd like to see the introduction of Laurana, too. Pretty enjoyable stuff.
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2020 :  00:19:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This place has been a bit of a ghost town for the last two years. One of our longest standing members and a good friend of mine kind of vanished and since then all the life has gone.

I said I would read this, feel bad that I didnt. 2018 was an action packed year and well I forgot. I will try to give it a look over the weekend.

Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2020 :  17:48:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ghost town? That is too bad. I thought that in the time of Covid people would be breaking out their Dragonlance books. You never know when old members will pop by to check in

I read the entire 64 pages

I like this script, it really brought me back. I agree with CodyAllen -- the characters were represented well. I found it entertaining and easy to read. I enjoyed the details, though I would suggest tightening up the description/action a bit. I am currently writing my own book so I've been doing a lot of research about these kinds of meticulous things. I subscribe to one YouTuber that has excellent advice, which has stuck with me (Matrix script example specifically).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgoXgg4qcPg

Overall, nice job! I would be interested to read the next bit. I hope your creative fire wasn't put out by the lack of response. It would be nice if Margaret and Tracy approved something like this and they started to talk about a live-action film -- there's just too much love for this series to go without one!
Go to Top of Page

tibidisdik44
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2020 :  02:29:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is fukkin awesome. I was going to say start with Tanis and Flint, but the character backstory with Goldmoon and Riverwind is on point. Nicely Played.

Re-reading Dragons of the Hourglass Mage.
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2020 :  13:36:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Golden_eyes Oh I am sure fans are probably reading the books a lot. I was going to re read the whole thing soon myself but people seem to have forgotten about this place. I only pop on once in a while to re read some material in the RP forums to write my fanfictions.

Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2021 :  04:11:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@dark mage, Although I hadn't checked this site in...well, years... I was surprised to see no one's been posting. I bet there are a lot of scripts and fanfictions out there just waiting to be posted...
Although, maybe with Margaret & Terry's new book series coming out, maybe this forum will see a revival of sorts.
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2021 :  01:47:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were going real strong in the RP threads for a long time but I dont know what happened to everyone.

I have not posted any of my fan fics here, all on fan fiction.net. I could give u a link if you want.

New books? I thought they gave Wizards of the Coast the Finger (basically) and wouldnt be putting out any new books.

Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2022 :  14:56:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I heard about it from another Dragonlance fan who posted on FB I'm excited, but it's been a while since I've had time to dive into a book series, unfortunately
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000