Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

Lady Crysania

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2006 :  20:44:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Zen - I have only read a little bit of the books, although, it does appear the only difference is that they are broken down into smaller segments, because it really doesn't look as though anything is different as far as the content. But as I said I only read a small piece, because I too was interested in knowing how it differed from my Annotated Chronicles.

Shalafi Crysania
"You didn't persuade me,I chose to come! It was my decision"
Go to Top of Page

zengodfather

USA
420 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2006 :  08:34:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Crysania

Zen - I have only read a little bit of the books, although, it does appear the only difference is that they are broken down into smaller segments, because it really doesn't look as though anything is different as far as the content. But as I said I only read a small piece, because I too was interested in knowing how it differed from my Annotated Chronicles.

Shalafi Crysania

Ok thank you very much. I do understand how breaking it into an extra 3 books is beneficial. I know when I was little I would have been a bit intimidated by a 400 page book. Thanks for the info.

=========================================

Knowledge is Power
Go to Top of Page

Bilbo Lothanos
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2006 :  09:25:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, i am currently still reading the Dragon lance cronicles (Autumn Twilight, Winter Night, Spring Dawning)
the book is awesome and i am really look forward to the up and coming movie. my favourite character is raistlin, i have always been a fan mages and he fits the bill perfectly.
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2006 :  13:52:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You might want to look over the forum sparingly. While people try and cover spoilers for war of the souls around here Chronicles and Legends are pretty much openly described. Dont get yourself any spoilers.

Welcome though.

-----
Thats the inherit beauty of the single file line. They can only kill the person in front! - Sarge
Go to Top of Page

Bilbo Lothanos
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2006 :  10:54:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tip Sirch - though i am on here generally to keep updated on the film. thanks again and i'll have to keep that in mind
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2006 :  16:02:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Bilbo. I hope you're enjoying Chronicles.

"Yao Ming!"
Go to Top of Page

Lady Crysania

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2006 :  05:21:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Bilbo! Yes, indeed, as Sirch said we do alot of dicussion on the Chronicles and Legends, so be warned . I hope you enjoy your time on the boards.

Shalafi Crysania
Go to Top of Page

zengodfather

USA
420 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2006 :  07:41:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Always good to have some new readers of the book to give us their thoughts on the story. We have all read them so far in the past the first time it would be cool to hear what a fresh perspective from now is like. There are a few on here and I enjoy that.

=========================================

Knowledge is Power
Go to Top of Page

greendaze
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2006 :  13:58:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just went into girly hysterics because I just found out about the film. I have been a fan of the Dragonlance series for more than ten years and have been dying to see it in film form. Although, I would prefer a live action, I'm just excited that it's finally getting the cinematic recognition it deserves.

Oh, and I'm totally all over Kiefer as Raistlin. They could not have picked a better voice.
Go to Top of Page

Lady Crysania

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2006 :  15:01:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums Greendaze! Glad to have you a board!

I think that there are many here who would also like to see the movie in live action, and hope that maybe there will be one in the not to distant future. But of course a part of whether or not that happens, I believe, will depend on how the animated movie does.

As to the voice of Raistlin, I believe if I said who I feel would do the voice best everyone would start throwing thing at me, for I have been an avid Christopher Lambert supporter *ducks*. Watching him as Rayden in Mortal Combat, I could just here and see Raistlin.

Shalafi Crysania
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2006 :  18:25:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Crysania

Welcome to the forums Greendaze! Glad to have you a board!

I think that there are many here who would also like to see the movie in live action, and hope that maybe there will be one in the not to distant future. But of course a part of whether or not that happens, I believe, will depend on how the animated movie does.

As to the voice of Raistlin, I believe if I said who I feel would do the voice best everyone would start throwing thing at me, for I have been an avid Christopher Lambert supporter *ducks*. Watching him as Rayden in Mortal Combat, I could just here and see Raistlin.

Shalafi Crysania

Lambert. You mean from Greystoke, that Lambert? Isn't he a bit too old to play Raistlin? Also, I don't think I would be able to tolerate a French whispering voice. Nothing against the French, it's just I don't hear his voice that way. I haven't seen Combat so I really have no frame of reference here. He'll always be Tarzan to me.

"Yao Ming!"
Go to Top of Page

Lady Crysania

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2006 :  20:27:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vassor - watch him in Mortal Combat - I swear you will see him as Raistlin.

Shalafi Crysania
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2006 :  23:00:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll give it a go...

"Yao Ming!"
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2006 :  23:18:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just keep seeing Highlander when people say Chistopher Lambert, I dont get it.

-----
Thats the inherit beauty of the single file line. They can only kill the person in front! - Sarge
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2006 :  23:22:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sirch

I just keep seeing Highlander when people say Chistopher Lambert, I dont get it.

-----

That's right. That's where else I've seen him!!! There's no way I can picture him as Raistlin now. Especially not after the kilt.

"Yao Ming!"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000