Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 124

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2008 :  14:42:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I opened this thread for all of my "Inn" mates, along with anyone else that might want to join in.

Just for fun, write a little story about your character that you have in the "Inn of the Last Home" thread. It can be backstory on your character, a new adventure, or some random piece about your character's life. For the sake of our gracious admin try to keep your submissions to less than 2500 words.

Ready.... GO!

Arial Grace

United Kingdom
1380 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2008 :  14:50:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well as you guess I have Arial as a cleric of misakale but now she's the resedent midwife and just stopped in the Inn on he way to Haven as most have and never left has an unrequited love **Darius** After he saved her when her faith was wavering

But she came to be a cleric and took to study after her partner was murdered in cold blood
Shes not very intresting but I like her!!

Then I have Tas to just good for laughs but she's my main forum poster
Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2008 :  15:45:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My character has only ever made one brief appearance in that thread. But he is a monk of Majere traveling Abanasia in search for both knowledge and the whereabouts of the staff of magius, or "the Staff of Majere" as very few know. This staff greatly increases the power of mages as it was stolen from our church during the second great Dragon War where the wizard who's name is now the name sake of the staff used it to restore balance to the world. It was lost to us ever since, locked away in a tower of high sorcery. But in the hands of a true and faithful Monk of Majere, the staff's powers are truely unleashed, and it is said that the one who poses the staff will gain the power of Majere himself.
Now, after the Chaos War, the departure of the gods and their return again, there is a rumor of a staff topped with a bronze dragon claw grasping a crystal that has been seen around Solace and Haven. I have been sent to investigate these rumours and verify their authenticity. I was picked for this task as it was one of my ancestors who originally lost it, and has been a pox on the family honor ever since.
I have been trained in the martial arts schools all over Krynn, and my weapon of choice is the staff. I mostly travel on my own, but my feet have traveled many miles and seen many great things. I'm a wealth of knowledge as I spent a few years living with a bronze dragon, named Qaqasiq, who has been alive since the second dragon war, but only as a wyrmling. He is a scholar and historian by nature. We've formed a type of physch link that we cannot explain, but our thoughts echo in each other's heads at times, and in moments of great distress, he has been known to come to my aid.

"James, get the F**K out of my office! Those eyes creep me the heck out!" - My boss on halloween

Why insult the door's purpose by locking it?
—Favorite kender expression, Dragons of Winter Night
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2008 :  15:53:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My character is Grail Fireforge, although no one in the inn knows his surname. He is a Hill Dwarf from Hillhome. He was born in Hillhome but was exiled shortly after his 75th birthday.

The story behind his exile is that he was outspoken about the animosity between the Hill Dwarves and the Mountain Dwarves. One day, he happened upon a Hylar merchant that was on his way to a nearby human settlement. They Hylar was set upon by Hill Dwarf brigands. He was injured and was willing to give up his goods in exchange for his life. The brigands wanted blood. Grail stepped into the fight and gave them a chance to withdraw. One came at Grail is a great axe aimed at his head. Grail ducked it and bashed him in the spine. The other brigands fled for the hills. Grail then carried the gravely wounded brigand back to Hillhome. The other brigands had made it back before he did and told the town constable (who hated Grail for his scathing words against him and others) that Grail attacked them while they were resting and minding their own business. Grail took the injured brigand to the local cleric. His life was saved but he would never walk again. Grail was arrested for attempted murder of a dwarf and treason. Grail was sentenced to the harshest punishment allowable by law: 3 lashes a day for a fortnight followed by exile. The only thing that he was allowed to take with him was the warhammer that he and his father forged when he became an adult. He was found by the very same Hylar who he had saved. The Hylar rushed him to the nearest human settlement where he was treated by a cleric. His wounds had festered and become infected. He almost died but the cleric was able to save him.

He never raises his warhammer in anger, but will defend a righteous person with his dying breath. He feels he owes Reorx for teaching him about the wickedness of the mob. He champions the weak. He will never admit it, but he envies kender because of the innocence. He would defend a kender with the same fervor a father would defend his child.

That leads us to his family. He had a wife, but she died in an adventure. Nothing further on that, I will update when I figure it out. I think it will be because of dwarven treachery.

Grail loves to carve wood. He is truely at piece when he is helping to wood to take its true form. He is rarely seen without his whittling knife in his hand.

He loves good ale and also loves to smoke from the pipe that his greatuncle had carved for his grandfather.

That's about it for now.

Respectfully submitted,
Fistandscanndalus
(The poster formerly known as Scanndalus)

Rules to live by:
Rule #1
Sirch is always right

Rule #2
If Sirch is ever wrong, please refer back to Rule #1
Go to Top of Page

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2008 :  16:03:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice Arial!

\

They were bored. All ten of them were bored. Walking the same patrol day after boring day. Grol just wished for a little action to give him something to live for besides following the goblin in front of him. They had heard of a fight between some residents of Solace and a giant, but even that tale wasn't enough to relieve the incessant boringness.
As they rounded a small bend in the path, coming out on the shore of Crystalmir, their leader, Snamish, spotted a human drying itself in the sun. As they approached, Grol, happy for the pleasant distraction of shaking down a human, noticed that this had to be the largest human that he had ever seen. This man must have been eight feet tall! Not only that, he was built like he had been chiseled by dwarven stoneworkers.
"Who are you and what are you doing out here human! This is our forest." He knew that Snamish was just trying to goad the human into a fight and he readied himself for battle. "That's interesting. The last I heard this forest belonged to the citizens of Solace. What makes you believe you have claim on it?" "This pathetic human thinks he can best a patrol of ten trained goblin warriors?" Grol thought to himself as an evil sneer crawled across his face. He gripped his sword tighter in his hand and widened his stance, ready to leap into battle.
"We claim anything we want and we don't like intruders on what we claim." His leader declared. "So what you're saying is you want me to leave?" The human replied. Grol was happy to hear this from the human, because he knew what the answer was going to be. "No. What I'm saying is I want you to die!" Grol squatted slightly, ready to leap at Snamish's command. "Kill HIM!!"
Just as he was ready to leap into battle, the human heaved its hammer straight at Snamish's head and was frozen to the spot as he watched it explode in a spray of grey mist. He didn't even notice that the heads of the two well trained goblin warriors standing next to him had just fallen to the ground.
Then, almost at the same time his leader's head exploded, the giant man leaped forward and smashed two more warriors heads together. Rath, Grol's good friend, ran forward to attack just as the human's hammer came back to him. He then watched as his friend's head disappeared down in between his shoulders with a sickening wet thud.
Whatching his friend die shook Grol out of his stupor and he ran forward to attack. As he brought his swordarm up to make a killing blow, it was sheared from his body in a spray of black blood. The last thing he heard, or would ever hear as his life's blood stained the sand in an ever widening puddle was, "Damn. Now I need another bath."

Edited by - Woggie on 24 Mar 2008 17:14:07
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2008 :  01:57:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Originally I just had three major characters that I had been using on the "Inn of the Last Home" thread. That being of course 'Darius' , Aurora and Lucius. Which I had left over from my previous D&D RP. ((They were the only three that managed to survive some of those extremely vicious DM game setups))

Since DL role play came out, I modified them to be Knights of Paladine as well as cleric's for Mishakal.

Not much more can be said about Darius and Aurora that I have not managed to slip into the "Inn" thread or in the "War for Solace" thread.

As for Lucius I let out some of his past on the "Inn". But now that we have this one ((THANKS WOGGIE!!!)) I can divulge more about him.

Well, like Darius he is a high level Paladin and second only to him until Darius was banished from the Hall of the "Order of the Platinum Dragon" He took Darius place as General of the 'Order'.

His skill is as with all of the order, is with the two swords they carry to the highest martial arts level taught in the 'Order'. He is not as good with the swords as Darius but his prowess with the long bow is legendary even among the 'Knights of Paladine'.

He has been Darius's best friend since they were teenagers and both met and became friends with Aurora a few years after.

He does harbor a very deep love for Aurora but has never told or will tell her or Darius, because of the love and respect he has for the both of them.

...more to follow....

The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".

Fizban Who?
Go to Top of Page

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2008 :  10:28:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, I suppose I should give a little background too.

Mesai is my 2nd D&D character I ever created so he's been around for a very long time. He started out as a Monk/Cleric of Paladine and eventually became a modified Paladin of sorts. His weapon of choice is his hammer. Before he found the hammer he was pretty much a normal human guy. The hammer had a "curse" on it that made him 8 feet tall with no hair and gave him the strength of a storm giant, among other things. It started out as Mjolnir, Thor's hammer, but we, the DM and I, modified it further. In 2nd edition rules he actually made it to immortal status (The gold book). I modified his character for the inn and added a little history from the Nexus.

He was born around 8600 PC as the son of a king. When his father died he became king himself and was cruel and vicious to his subjects. Well one of the gods, I haven't decided which one yet, put a curse on him. The god made him immortal and took everything away. Now he's been roaming Krynn for the last 9000 years, learning, watching, fighting and every night he remembers the torture he put his people through.

He is a kind soul, now, and is very wise, but he still likes a good fight. He's also rubbed elbows with some of the more notable characters in the Dragonlance world. Ask him for some stories and he will regale you with some unbelievable tales.

He is probably the most trained fighter in the world. He knows every fighting style ever invented and is proficient in all of them (being 9000 years old he had to do something to pass the time). He has a regenerative ability so he cannot be seriously hurt and can grow back anything he "loses". All that is for the pleasure of the god that wanted him to be tortured. He was a monk and a scholar for about 2000 years so he is also highly intelligent and intuitive.

Edited by - Woggie on 25 Mar 2008 10:56:24
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2008 :  23:17:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hatake Kakashi is a character from the Naruto manga and anime. He is a jounin level shinobi. Jounin means that he is an advanced level shinobi that can perform high level techniques and is a leader.

He is called the copy ninja. His left eye has an ability called "Sharingan". Basically, when his left eye is uncovered, he can see everything in extreme clarity. He can see techniques and mimic them perfectly. He can also see extremely well. In D&D terms, he would have about over 100 ranks in spot and search.

He gets his power to perform techniques (ninjutsu, genjutsu and taijutsu) from his chakra network. The chakra network is the network inside his body allows his inner power to flow. The network is similar to his blood vessels. He can channel his chakra into techniques and feats of power.

Normally he walks around wearing the same gear as he is in this picture, but he doesn't have that electricity technique activated, unless he is in a life or death battle. He wears his hitaiate (forehead protector) over his left eye.

Okay, how did he get here? I am going to pretend that the Narutoverse actually occurs on a continent similar to Taladas, but as yet undiscovered. Hey, Krynn can be big enough for 3 large continents! LOL.

I will try to use Japanese interspersed in his normal speach, with translations (unless I don't want you to know what he is saying. LOL). When he uses techniques, I will also use the Japanese names of the techniques, with translations in parenthesis.

If I think of anything else pertinent, then I will add it to this post.

Respectfully submitted,
Fistandscanndalus

Rules to live by:
Rule #1
Sirch is always right

Rule #2
Go to Top of Page

Gemsamay

Germany
970 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2008 :  02:53:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scanndalus

Hatake Kakashi is a character from the Naruto manga and anime. He is a jounin level shinobi. Jounin means that he is an advanced level shinobi that can perform high level techniques and is a leader.

That would be a helpful explaination if I knew what a shinobi is! Haha.. What's a shinobi?

My character is Gemsamay. I have never played D&D (though I have always wanted to learn,) she was created in the inn for the inn! Gemsamay is a nickname I had in high school, which is now my handle for everything and will soon be the name of my jewelry store. She is a Kagonesti, 55 years old, widow. Her familiar is her dog Nelly. Nelly my dog in real life, she is my real life familiar (I am wiccan.) I just add her in randomly because Krynn should be blessed with her cuteness.

I have just sort of been making stuff up as I go along.. I haven't fully figured out the background on her yet so I will explain her tattoos for now and post the rest later

So the pic on my sig is her. Her "The Crow" style eye tat is the mark of her tribe. The first leader of the tribe had a slash through his right eye that created a big scar. Now it has become their defining mark. She has a greeen and gold feather on her chest because her family honors Chislev more than any other god. On her right side from her ribs to her hip she has a vine of irises, they are the flowers she carried on her wedding day. And on her back is her family crest which is a large tree reprisenting her forest home, that sort of morphs into a dragon at the top, representing Huma's silver dragon. Gemsamay's ancestor was her confidant in her elven form and one of the few people to know her secret identity. The dragon's tail has a feather tied to it for Chislev.

That's all for now!

Save the Earth, it's the only place with wine and chocolate!

Edited by - Gemsamay on 18 Apr 2008 02:55:03
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2008 :  09:11:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gemsamay

That would be a helpful explaination if I knew what a shinobi is! Haha.. What's a shinobi?

My bad. ((Dan grins sheepishly)) A shinobi is a ninja. Ninja can actually be construed as a derogatory term and shinobi is preferred. Jounin is a master. So he is a master level ninja. He can train rookie ninja when they first graduate from the academy.

I have no idea why I didn't explain that. I'm a duh-huh sometimes. LOL.

Respectfully submitted,
Fistandscanndalus

Rules to live by:
Rule #1
Sirch is always right

Rule #2
Go to Top of Page

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2008 :  11:57:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

A shinobi is a ninja.

I'll bet he's no match for a pirate though.
Go to Top of Page

Gemsamay

Germany
970 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2008 :  12:37:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Woggie

quote:

A shinobi is a ninja.

I'll bet he's no match for a pirate though.

WOOT! haha

Most of the people on here are at least a little into anime, so it would be safe to assume that most know what a shinobi is.. I am not so much into the anime scene so I am clueless!

Save the Earth, it's the only place with wine and chocolate!
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2008 :  17:55:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pirates are cool, but ninja rock. DEATH TO THE PIRATES!!! LOL. I have stayed away from that little game on Facebook. LOL.

Respectfully submitted,
Fistandscanndalus

Rules to live by:
Rule #1
Sirch is always right

Rule #2
Go to Top of Page

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2008 :  14:55:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As they stepped out onto the landing of the Inn of the Last Home, Mesai looks down at Kakashi and asks, "Are you ready?"
"I am prepared." He replies.
Mesai opens the scroll and looks at the last word. He mutters to himself, "This better work..." Kakashi looks alarmed, Mesai sees his apprehension and amiles, "It's ok, I'm sure we'll be fine. I hope."
He reads the word meant to transport them back to the sacred temple in which it was written. He grabs Kakashi's arm at the last second as they fly at an alarming speed into the sky and off to the east.
Just after they take off Kalas and Khurn open the door to find the large man and the newcomer gone. They are followed by the dwarf, muttering into his beard something about moving awful fast for a 9000 year old man.

The flight was uneventful and they land at the sacred temple in the ancient land of Kusanagi. The area has been abandoned for centuries and the forest has reclaimed what was once one of the most beautiful places on Krynn. The temple, now faded and dark from centuries of neglect, was the crown jewel of the city. Once tall spires rising a thousand feet into the air, lay crumbled to dust.
Mesai kneels at the door to the temple and says a soft prayer. He then stands and kicks open the door, causing the large stone slab to crumble into a hundred pieces. He pulls his hammer out of it's holder on his back and readies himself. "MAGATO! I KNOW YOU ARE HERE! SHOW YOURSELF!!"

((Need some help here Scanndalus. We are going into battle and I don't know any of your characters abilities. ))
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2008 :  20:02:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(Kakashi left eye is a "Sharingan Eye". He is able to copy any technique he sees outside of abilities that only a specific family or person can use. As a result he has thousands of techniques. His primary chakra element is Lightening, but he can access Water, Fire, Earth and Wind as well, but not as well as he can Lightening. He has lower chakra capacity than most shinobi of his level, but his chakra control is so much better than almost anyone elses that it seems he has more capacity as well. He is superior at ninjutsu (chakra techniques similar to most magical spells), excellent at genjutsu (chakra techniques used for mind manipulation and illusions) and excellent at taijutsu (martial arts/hand-to-hand combat). He rarely uses weapons since they would occupy his hands and slow him from using handseals for ninjutsu, but he is more than capable with a kunai (large knife most used for throwing, he is holding a kunai in his hands in the pic below), shuriken (ninja stars) and a katana.)

Respectfully submitted,
Fistandscanndalus

Rules to live by:
Rule #1
Sirch is always right

Rule #2

Edited by - Scanndalus on 09 May 2008 20:03:02
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2008 :  02:06:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
((a good and interesting story guys ...keep it up.))

The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".

Fizban Who?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 124 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000