Normal human named Brian comes to talk.

First word: Hi.
Go to Top of Page

ahleasphil
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2007 :  21:05:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. I just discovered this sight from doing a random search about Dragon Lance. I first began reading the books when I was 10 and has always remained my favorite fantasy series. When I was introduced to D&D gaming, when I was 18, I talked my DM into letting me create a Kender character, who went on to become a 17th level thief--she was so kick a**.
Anyway, it's been a long time since I've even thought about Dragon Lance. Then, today, I saw that they were actually making a movie! Unfortunately, in my opinion, it is an animated film. I was looking at the cast list and was really pleased with what I saw and wished that they were acting in it, instead of only being voices. I especially like their choice for Tas--he's got the perfect little impish face. Oh well, I'm still excited to see it when it comes out. Especially because Weis and Hickman play such integral parts in the production. Out of all the many books and series, my favorites have remained the ones written by those two.
So, I am currently living in the middle of nowhere South Dakota teaching 11th and 12th grade English at a rezervation school. I spend a lot of time on the computer these days and I would love to find something like an online D&D Dragon Lance game to while away the hours out here on the prairie. I've never been one for video games; when I played D&D it was always in person, sitting around a table with friends, rollin' the dice. Out here there is no one to play with, so I am wondering if there is some kind of online version that's fairly close to playing the old way.
If anyone knows of any good games/sights, please let me know.

"Ale. Where is that kender? I suppose he stole the barmaid-?"
—Flint Fireforge, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Edited by - ahleasphil on 27 Jan 2007 21:15:51
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2007 :  21:12:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome, if you want to find a online place with a DnD type atmosphere you could try a RP MUD. Its a all text enviroment, might be odd to you. I play on one but its not very full anymore.

Otherwise I dunno but have fun on the website.

-----
Thats the inherit beauty of the single file line. They can only kill the person in front! - Sarge
Go to Top of Page

ahleasphil
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2007 :  15:07:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sirch

Welcome, if you want to find a online place with a DnD type atmosphere you could try a RP MUD. Its a all text enviroment, might be odd to you. I play on one but its not very full anymore.

Otherwise I dunno but have fun on the website.

-----
Thats the inherit beauty of the single file line. They can only kill the person in front! - Sarge

Thanks Sirch! I found Age of Legends and am quite happy so far.

Go to Top of Page

Dark Magik

USA
240 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2007 :  21:18:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
out of curioustiy, are there any free online D&D or DL games?

'Count me in,' said Tasslehoff, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. 'What are we doing?'"
Go to Top of Page

sithanostaran
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2007 :  15:02:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm Tim. 31. I've been a DL fanatic since age 11. In fact, DOAT was the first actual novel I ever read. Theatre major in college and was an out of work actor for about 5 years after that joined the military for 6 years then went into sales (not retail).

"My queen, it is your move." - Raistlin, Test of the Twins
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2007 :  23:55:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice to have ya Sithanostaran. Interesting career path!

"Per me si va ne l'etterno dolore" - Dante Alighieri
Go to Top of Page

Carlin

Australia
112 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2007 :  02:33:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all, I am Rainie, I was born in the US but live in Australia (yes, I sound like an Aussie too...came over when I was quite young).
I have been reading and rereading DL books since I was fifteen years old (twenty years ago...) and have to say they formed my tastes in the genre; not much else really captures my imagination like they do (with the exception of George R R Martin - now that man can WRITE). As I live out in the bush, in the middle of friggin nowhere with very few like-minded readers, I would LOVE to discuss DL (or just about anything really!)and the like with others!
Go to Top of Page

Dark Magik

USA
240 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2007 :  19:26:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good to have u carlin!

'Count me in,' said Tasslehoff, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. 'What are we doing?'"
Go to Top of Page

Fingolfin Taralom
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2007 :  18:03:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am fingolfin taralom a rouge half elf from solace. i love the dl books. i never read that much until in 9th grade i rented the first of the war of souls then i bought the series and just kept on reading all the dragonlance books i could. I have been searching for the danm dragonlance d&d game but so far no luck i think ill go look on ebay or somthing, and i cant wait untill the movie comes hout. oh btw has anyone heard of the new dungeon sage in the name of the king movie? the main character is the guy from the transporter and there are wood elvs swinging on vines and shooting down goblins and orcs it looks so freaking awsome... and so dose the 300!

Live with honor and die with honor
Go to Top of Page

ahleasphil
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2007 :  17:23:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Magik

out of curioustiy, are there any free online D&D or DL games?

The one I play in is free, also Ansalon is free. There's a list of them at DragonLance Nexus.
However, I must admit that i haven't gotten to do too much RPing, everyone i've met in my mud is a much higher lvl than me so i've been stuck killing zombie pirate captains all by myself.
You should join then we could go adventuring together (i have a funny little Kender rogue)

Go to Top of Page

Dark Magik

USA
240 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2007 :  23:46:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thx..ill check it out.

Go to Top of Page

Lady Crysania

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2007 :  07:37:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once again I have been neglecting you guys, I'm sorry But I want to say welcome to the new peeps here, so, Welcome! Glad to have you aboard.

Shalafi Crysania
"You didn't persuade me,I chose to come! It was my decision"
Go to Top of Page

Gilthanas
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2007 :  08:56:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, I'm Brian. I have been a HUGE DL fan for as long as I can remember. Even before I could read, my older brothers had the comics, and I would sit as look at them for hours on end. I never actually got around to reading the actual novels until I was about 11, and each time I read them I get more and more out of them. I do consider myself a purist however, as I only read the books that were written by Weis and Hickman. Tracey Hickman is someone that I admire greatly, and one of these days when I'm visiting my mom in St. George, I'm going to go track him down.
Go to Top of Page

Lady Crysania

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2007 :  17:02:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums, Gilthanas! Glad to have you aboard. I had the privilege of meeting Margaret, Tracy and Laura, in San Diego at a book signing last July.

Shalafi Crysania
"You didn't persuade me,I chose to come! It was my decision"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000