Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 46

Blackwing
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2007 :  01:14:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by james

more like keeper of the storm trooper! lol. Very cool!

Why insult the door's purpose by locking it?
—Favorite kender expression, Dragons of Winter Night

LOL. Yeah, I know. Sooner or later, someone will notice the Trooper. I put that pewter piece for size comparison. The trooper is an inch and a half and Coldfire is about 9 inch long.

Glad you like, too, James.

Beware, the Dragon of Many Faces and Colors.
Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2007 :  22:38:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now we know what other creatures live on Hoth, lol.

DLMS Forums: We whinge because we care.
Go to Top of Page

Blackwing
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2007 :  04:36:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrStatesTheObvious

Now we know what other creatures live on Hoth, lol.

Hmm...you know, you could be right. This one eats Wampas and Tauntauns for breakfast and lost Rebels for afters.

Well, shifting our location to Dagobah, here's a resident in the swamp world, Nightshade, the Spellcaster...instructing his minion.

Edited by - Blackwing on 08 Oct 2007 04:38:23
Go to Top of Page

cloudweaver

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2007 :  08:06:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, all these are great. If I could draw I would put some stuff up but everything that comes out of my mind winds up as some really distorted stick figures.
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2007 :  22:40:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How long did those take to make? They look awesome.

-----
Yesterday upon the stair
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish that man would go away
Go to Top of Page

sturm brightblade
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  00:10:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey all of u that drew pictures got me inspired im going to start to draw. i have never drawn a good thing in my life. i hope this changes it.

---------------------
"Its locked! Drat that will teach me never to leave my pouches at home." FLint gives the door an irritated shove. "Locked!" said Flint in disgust at the kender. "I tell you it was!" tas said, "I may not know much about fighting, politics, the return to the gods, or all that other stuff, but i do know locks!"
-wuote from dragons of the Dwarven Depths. page 522 and 523.
*proves kender are theives*
Go to Top of Page

Blackwing
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  06:28:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sirch

How long did those take to make? They look awesome.

-----
Yesterday upon the stair
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish that man would go away

Well, Mr. Sirch, since you ask, all in all, I would say about 6 to 8 hours, including 10 minutes to bake the Sculpey. Fashioning the wire armature was the hardest part, drying the Celluclay core took the longest time, detailing the covering was the most tedious and painting it was the most exciting part.

But after it was done, voila!!! A 3-D piece of work you can touch and feel, especially the scales, the teeth and even the wings.

Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  06:48:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Laurana and Medan picture finally finished!

http://thenumber42.deviantart.com/art/Laurana-and-Medan-67033324

Sorry for the wait.

(stamp made by grau_gestreift http://grau-gestreift.deviantart.com/art/Monty-Python-stamp-65540008)

Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  16:47:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love that picture of Laurana. she totally looks like that girl from The Departed! Great work as usual!

Why insult the door's purpose by locking it?
—Favorite kender expression, Dragons of Winter Night
Go to Top of Page

Aviation Freak

USA
192 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  01:50:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
look what i found

Go to Top of Page

Blackwing
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  06:35:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aviation Freak

look what i found

I believe that's the elven king Lorac trapped by the orb, with Cyan Bloodbane whispering nightmares to him. Taken from the 1985 Dragonlance calendar and was published in the Art of Dragonlance book.

Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2007 :  07:06:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that's official art, not non-commissioned, amateur fan art.

Still very cool though.

---

Go to Top of Page

The Green Gemstone Man
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2007 :  08:50:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe im gonna start working on drawing myself now lol.If I could draw on a level like that artwork of Lorac thats all I would ever do lol.I know I would probably never reach that level but damn that would be awesome.I'll try something simple first like maybe the face of Raistlin.The reason I say "simple" is his,Tasslehoffs,and Kits face has always been the most vivid in my mind and I all together refuse to draw Tasslehoff because I know I couldnt catch his personality right.I will try to draw Kitiara someday but after I have had lots of practice because to get that the way I want it will take some skill lol.I believe that the most time and work should be put into the faces of any character because the face and eyes in particular is what sets artwork apart from all the rest.When your drawing a character from any of the books,no matter how many pictures you see of them,it's the picture in your mind that your gonna draw.It might be the way you think Raistlin should have looked when he stepped into the abyss or it might be something as simple as Drizzt dropping a globe of darkness on someone in the academy.Whatever moment stands out in your mind should be the moment you try to capture on paper.I love the Dragonlance books so much that really no one moment stands out for me with Raistlin,they all do lol.So,his face,mid to later life wearing what I thought he should always have worn,the black robes.It might be a little different than alot of pics we have seen because I want to draw a Raistlin thats full of vitality and strong,maybe not Caramon strong but strong nonetheless.

I mainly want to do his face because that,to me,is the hardest thing to get right in any given situation but once you catch it the way you want it it explains their feelings and shows exactly what they were going through along with soo much more.And of course his eyes.There will be much emphasis on his eyes and they will stand out above all else if I get it right lol.

Well anyways,enough on what I want to do lol.Great work everyone on the artwork and sculptures.They are absolutely awesome and hopefully I have something good to contribute soon.

http://alwaysavailableproducts.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

angel564

Australia
77 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2007 :  09:37:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good luck with ur art :) i like to draw but i'm not all that talented.faces can be very challenging to get the right look for ur pic.but have a go and post ur drawings on here for us to see.

"A chicken with its neck wrung is different than a chicken with its head chopped off. But does it matter to the chicken?"-Tasslehoff
Go to Top of Page

Blackwing
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2007 :  09:41:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(SIGH) Somebody just had to remind me about a green dragon and an orb, minus the slumbering king. Okay, I guess I'll add another of my creation, which earned an award back in 1995 Dallas Employee Art Exhibit.

Please welcome, Jadesmog, in 'Summoning the Orb'.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000