Horizon Zero Dawn
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2020 :  20:25:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I had seen this trailer when watching E3 one year but didn't have the time to play it when it came out. About a year afterwards, a friend heavily suggested that I check it out and then lent it to me. When I finally did take the time to play, I absolutely loved it.

The story is slow at first but it really does come full circle by the end. The gameplay was well-designed, and the style of the world was top notch. I liked the idea of a post-apocalyptic population regressing into a barbaric society -- I know this has been done a few times, but I felt it was executed nicely in this game. The touch of animalistic robots was unique and interesting. My friend lent me his complete edition so it had the Frozen Wilds area, and I thought that the world-building was quite extensive -- jungle, forest, desert, swamps, mountains... I'm excited to see what they do with the sequel.

Has anyone else played this game?

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2020 :  00:42:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I meant to play it at some point but I just havent gotten around to it

"Ladies and Gentilman welcome to my life again" Sonata Artica
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2021 :  04:54:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear that. I have so many games I'd like to play but they remain stacked up by the ps4.

I highly recommend this one, though, even if it's a little old by today's standards. (I've pressured my husband into playing it and he keeps telling me it's not as smooth as Ghosts of Tsushima )

I'd be curious if anyone got their hands on a ps5 yet; this sequel will probably be the first game I play when we get ours.
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2021 :  01:44:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got two older games that I havent even touched yet because of the new ones that I have for my PS4. Really into Code Vein at the moment.

I really should get my hands on Horizon Zero Dawn.

I dont plan on getting a PS5 until there is something on it that I want to play. My boyfriend says that he will be getting one as soon as he can tho

Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2022 :  15:58:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think my game pile has moved since I've posted this, lol
We finally managed to get a PS5, and Horizon Forbidden West is now out... I just need a chunk of time to lock myself away somewhere and go on a gaming marathon. I still recommend this series, but I'll have to post again whenever I get around to Forbidden West
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2022 :  00:19:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since last post I got Ghosts of Tsushima and Tales of Arise. Both amazing games and two that I need to get back to once I complete FF9.

We have not been able to get a PS5 but my fience is playing Elden Ring on PC now. I never did get much into the Souls/Borne games and I just find them frustrating. I dont like feeling like the game I am playing is punishing me for not doing well. Not my thing.

Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2022 :  16:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, totally the same for me. I was watching my husband play Demon Souls for a while, I think he even ordered the collector's addition for them, but he kept dying, and he had barely started the game. I think I watch for 15 mins and was like "Why are you doing this to yourself? I'm out." lol

But then I tried to get him to play Horizon with me and he had all sorts of critiques and kept comparing it with Ghosts of Tsushima--which, didn't it win best game of the year, 2 years after horizon came out. *hard eye roll* Whatevs, it's a great game. I really liked the way they designed the bow&arrow controls, though it gave me a wicked cramp in my wrist.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000