Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Slorg

Australia
996 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2008 :  06:38:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like the movie and book threads.

I just bought Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Civilization: Revolution for PS3.

Assassin's Creed is alright so far. It's fun to jump around and climb up walls like a ninja and all that.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is great, but only if you don't mind long cut scenes. I swear I've sat through about 4 hours worth of cut scene footage so far, and that is not an exaggeration! I don't mind though, as it progresses the story nicely, and I have to say the motorcycle chase scene is one of the most intense video game levels I've played in years.

Civilization Revolution is cool so far. It's very similar to Age of Empires and Command & Conquer. The graphics are nice and bright, and it's nice to get away from blood in a game. It's pretty easy so far, but I've only played for a few hours.

I've also been playing a lot of Diablo II in preparation for Diablo III.

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2008 :  10:39:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I played Motorstorm for the PS3 all day yesterday. It is a lot of fun, but I'm not sure that they got the physics correct. It has some difficulty, but is still fun. I recommend it.

My daughter saw a commercial for the Wall-E video game. I have no idea what system it is for, but if it comes out on PS3, I will be obligated to buy it.

quote:
Originally posted by james

ps: Vodka is a devil that makes you go running around in the wilderness like Zombies are chasing you. Please drink in moderation!
Go to Top of Page

tw_fester

Canada
1161 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2008 :  14:11:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My friends and I are trying Guild Wars. I am also re-acquainting myself with Starcraft (in anticipation, of course).

Edsel- You're OK to drive, man?
Zeke - Ya...no problem, man.
Edsel- I think you're going a little high, man!
Zeke- Look, man, if there's one thing I know, it's how to drive while I'm stoned. You know your perception is f***ed so you just let your hands work the controls as if you were straight.

Zeke and Edsel after a Plutoniun-nyborg binge

Heavy Metal (81)

Besides... that dagger was Flint's.
Go to Top of Page

Slorg

Australia
996 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2008 :  03:25:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We bought Starcraft for my wife the other day too. She's been playing it the past few days.

Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2008 :  12:52:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw the Wall-E game for Wii...

I played Wii Fit last night! Holy crap is it ever cool!I was a littl dubious about how well it would work, but after you do all of the strength training games they have on there, you'll feel the work you are doing! I also did some of the yoga games they have on there, and they are sick. I took a class with the gf earlier on in teh year, and it wasn't anywhere as hard as wii fit's classes!

They also have aerobics and balance games you can play. The aerobics are a little silly, but it might just be me getting used to them. But I really like the blanace games! They pretty much are designed to make you muscles respond better to you thoughts and help with coordination.

Another aspect I didn't expect is that the game gives you a Fit age... Yeah, it tells you how old you body is compared to how old you really are. I started out at 39! And my gf was 45! I razed her pretty bad about that! lol!

The game also keeps track of you body mass index (BMI), weight, and a couple of other things. You can set goals to lower your weight, or bmi. You get to pick a trainer. I picked the girl, because nothing gets me motivated to work harder than a girl calling me a wimp! Or a ggirl doing more push ups than me! lol, even a virtual one!

"I picked up an electric guitar. What does this signify? I'm going to play some heavy metal riffs and you will die!" -Troublemaker, Red Album, Weezer
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2008 :  13:52:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We should have a little Broodwar tournament if enough of us are playing it right now.

All I'm playing right now is NWN2 and just about nothing else. My Xbox 360 has been woefully underused because of all my little vacations and I don't play games online as much in the summer.

-----
“I with Homer and Fill. We special KGB group, me and Homey and Fill. We have European style, jump in and everybody shoot. Ask later, who still alive."
-Pavel Datsyuk

If you have a problem with a user send me an email in my profile.
Go to Top of Page

Piper

USA
773 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2008 :  12:28:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is Kalowen.

I'm playing Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection.
Go to Top of Page

tw_fester

Canada
1161 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  01:05:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sirch

We should have a little Broodwar tournament if enough of us are playing it right now.

I'm in
Go to Top of Page

Nathaniel

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  04:01:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
right now?

Might and Magic 7 (the cool kids know what i mean)
Might and Magic 8
Starcraft: Broodwar
CSI: Hard Evidence (addicting!)
World of Warcraft (addicted)

on a side note, i made a Might and Magic 7 group of Tanis, Flint, Caramon, and Raistlin... in hindsight its not great because i dont have a healer but its fun ya know..

________________________________________________________________________________
"Because I have to stand here boldly holding the spoon, I can't be bold and open the door at the same time." -Tasslehoff Burrfoot
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  11:19:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm curently playing Odin Sphere, which is the best game everI have also been playing Tekkens 4 and 5 in prep for 6 which will be comeing out Sept 1st I cant wait!
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  12:22:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tw_fester

quote:
Originally posted by Sirch

I'm in

I'll have to brush up on my skills a little then. =D

-----
“I with Homer and Fill. We special KGB group, me and Homey and Fill. We have European style, jump in and everybody shoot. Ask later, who still alive."
-Pavel Datsyuk

If you have a problem with a user send me an email in my profile.
Go to Top of Page

Kalowen
Advanced Member

USA
4472 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  21:44:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spider solitare!!!!!!!

"Everybody Lies"-House
Kalowen
Go to Top of Page

killerdx

Canada
290 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2008 :  17:27:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im playing grand theft auto san andrais and im killing so much people it is so much fun like wow and i need svr 2009 i just love wwe games becueas of the game play and i need mortal kombat the newist game i live the masked seven like you might know who im talking about right?
Go to Top of Page

Slorg

Australia
996 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  03:22:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
San Andreas is pretty cool, though I lost interest after about a week (I'll have to get back to it).

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Comics should be cool.

I'm back to playing Diablo 2 again, and just beat Metal Gear Solid 4.

I have to say, MGS4 was really fun. It seemed a bit short, but the story was excellent, and all the loose ends from the previous games got tied up nicely. It was WICKED to play through the original Metal Gear Solid (Original Playstation graphics and all!) for a little bit midway through the game in a flashback. It was a great touch and was very nostalgic for us older gamers.

Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2008 :  23:20:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently erased all of my save files for FF9 and started all over again. Just for the hell of it plus the fact that I had forgoten a great deal about the begining.
Go to Top of Page

killerdx

Canada
290 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2008 :  19:23:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow now you will never beat it now
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: