Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

Natsufan

Spain
118 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2006 :  07:09:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there, I am Natsufan and I am from Spain. My long-time internet acquaintances call me Natsu when they don't want to type much :) English is not my native tongue, so I very much welcome constructive criticism.

I am going to say about me only the two things that are important for these forums:

1. I love writing, and in order to do so faster I did a typing course, so I go through forums posting lots of words. I try to keep my posts short so people won't be bored of them, but sometimes I lose control and just let my thoughts flow. You are welcome to ignore my posts if you think they are too long. Only think I ask is that, if you answer me, you read the post fully. Many people misunderstand me because they don't read my posts fully.

2. I am a PEST. People say that I find flaws in everything, and what the Hell, that's a critic's job, isn't it? If an actor fails one scene, I spot it. If the swords don't look authentical, I say so. If the music doesn't match or isn't moving, I point it out. For example, I think the Lord of the Rings trilogy is a bad set of films. And I don't mean they are bad in the stupid sense that people usually criticize, like "In page 542 of the book Boromir says this and it doesn't appear in the film". I am well aware that everything CANNOT be put on film, (and it's going to be more so with Dragonlance). Bear in mind: I criticise films AS films, and then as adaptations, but I do so separately. So, Lord of the Rings may be a good adaptation, but I find it a bad movie. And I wish so hard that I could break someone's legs, that Peter Jackson stood in the other side of the world when Dragonlance is being filmed. About the LotR cast, I don't think they are that bad, but I wish Dragonlance was made half with big stars, half with newcomers. For example, instead of spending the casting money in half-known actors who people have associated to other works, I would spend a big bunch in Sean Connery for Fizban and the like, and have experienced but unknown actors get the main roles. Though my requirements for a good actor exclude 90% of the ones that are famous nowadays...

You'll hear me criticise relentlessly the vast majority of actors and directors of nowadays, but in my discharge I will add that I will NEVER criticise any idea or suggestion without giving out reasons. You may agree or no, but I will always be reasonable about my opinions. And I will never get personal, EVER.

So I hope we'll get along well. Nice to meet you!
Go to Top of Page

demonic-dave
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2006 :  18:47:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey

I am Dave from the UK. I have read one or two of the Dragonlance books. including the cronicles, ledgends, War of the souls, and a few other books in the set. I am waiting for Saving Solace, Sanctuary and Amber and Iron. They are taking ages to arrive. My favourate charcter is Raistlin.

Go to Top of Page

SpookyChicken
Starting Member

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2006 :  20:49:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey! I'm SpookyChicken, I'm from Ontario, Canada. I just graduated from High School and have no idea what to do next.
I Love Dragonlance. My mom introduced me to Dragonlance 6 years ago, I'm so happy she did. My all time favourite character is Raistlin, along with Tasslehoff.

Cheese is like a pile of Shoes
Go to Top of Page

Spoonman0027
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2006 :  00:57:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey! My names Chad Hinton, I just got done reading the whole series from the legends up to the last War Of The souls books. God I love these stories hah!
I'm actually reading the first 3 over since I havn't read them since high school.

I do have quite a bit of knoledge about DL actually haha!

I play guitar, for 8 years now. I've got a Myspace.com site that u can check out my music at. other than that just msg me anytime! Laters.
Go to Top of Page

zalem
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  22:02:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Might as well introduce myself too. My name is rin and I'm from NYC. I was introduced to the chronicles by my older brother 16 years ago (damn it's hard to believe it's been so long!) and have been a fan ever since. My favorites are of course the chronicles and legends trilogies as well as the Soulforge. I actually just re-read them last month for the first time in several years and I love Krynn just as much as I did when I was 12. Of course now that I'm older I recognize the flaws in the series, but the fondness I have for these novels will never fade. Raistlin was my favorite character back then and still is today. I'm very excited about the animated DoAT movie and hope it does the book justice.

Edited by - zalem on 13 Jul 2006 22:04:18
Go to Top of Page

tsiar
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2006 :  05:01:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Huh. A Dragonlace forum, I should have guessed that there was one of these out there. I just found ya'll from a link on whedonesque. I've been a DL fan for a very long time. Back in the BBS days I used Raist as my userid. Now, Raistlins are a dime a dozen. ;)

I'm very excited to hear that a movie is finally happening!
Go to Top of Page

Andithekenderfan
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  18:36:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings!

I'm Andi Ibrams. I live in Accrington, in the North of England, UK.
I've been a DL fan for the last 14 years, and have been actively playing, DMing and writing RPG's for it for most of that time. I think my fave character had to be a gully dwarf cleric with a wisdom of 6 (how many spells...erm, TWO!)

Anyhoo, I'm new here and hevent got a clue how to navigate or intro myself or chat to people, so any help would be appreciated...

I also want to start an online RPG, and have people from my myspace.com page interested...
Go to Top of Page

The shadow of Raistlin
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2006 :  01:31:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, im new here ive been reading DL books for the better part of five years, fell in love with it lol, my favorite characters are Raistlin Fistandantilus and Sturm, i play EQoA and i have a wizzy on there named Fistandanti...youll be surprised at how many DL fans there are there lol, everyone got my name really fast. well ill be going, need to post a cpl things....share my knowlegde lol jk
Go to Top of Page

NightFall
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2006 :  23:01:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I'm currently living in a two-story Dorito bag behind Wal-mart, in Magee, MS. I'm a 26 year old dispatcher, short story writer and general lay-about. I've read dragonlance since the late '80s and have yet to stop. I read Forgotten Realms almost as much, but my personal collection includes over 70 DL titles, a few of which are autographed (YAY ME!). other than that, ask me if you want to know

When in doubt...run like hell!

Go to Top of Page

Tasslehoff_Burrfoot
Starting Member

Netherlands
10 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2006 :  19:33:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone!

I'm Joris, 19, from The Netherlands. I think I have about 40 DL books. other authors that I like are Robert Jordan, George R.R. Martin, Steven Erikson, R.A. Salvatore and ofcourse J.R.R. Tolkien.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die."
Go to Top of Page

venipower
Starting Member

Venezuela
1 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2006 :  17:02:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,friends:

I'm just a 29 year old Venezuelan guy who has read DL since I was 11. I'd love to meet you all. I am very exited about the movie proyect. I don't care if it is a cartoon, CGI movie or a super production. I just hope they stick to the story the most they can. This will let them develop the plots and subplots in other movies. This should start a Star Trek/Star Wars-kind Fandom.

God bless ya all!!!

...never free, never me.
So I dub the unforgiven.
Go to Top of Page

Buin
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2006 :  20:12:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, read the chronicles, legends tales, Raistlin Chrinicles and an assortment of other books by Dragonlance for over 15 years now. Lost count how many times I have read them but still find them excellent :)

Cheers

Buin
Go to Top of Page

masrock
Starting Member

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2006 :  15:23:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I'm Masrock I've been a Dragonlance fan since the books were first released in the UK - a long time now.

The dragonlance Chronicles hardback book was my book of choice that I carried around Australia backpacking in 1999 -I've lost count the number of times I've read it.

Anyway I live in the north western part of England, And I ride motor bikes for fun too.

So Hello!

Masrock

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
Go to Top of Page

Dalamar_the_Dark
Starting Member

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  15:38:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone this is Dalamar here. I live in Canada as well and I have been reading Dragonlance for about 10 yrs now. I have read all the books at least 3 times and will continue to read them over and over again. There is not a DragonLance book I don't own and hope I can be helpfull the the Young ones who are just starting to read the books. If you ever want to contact me by Email or Chat go a head I am always around. So later everyone. My the Gods guide you in your endevours.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

Raistlin Majere
Go to Top of Page

Quallen
Starting Member

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  17:09:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone I am Quallen. I have been reading Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms for the past 10 years. I am currently working on completing my collection. If anyone has a list of all the books for Dragonlance or Forgotten Realms I would like a copy.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000