Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2006 :  01:37:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thread for people to introduce themselves so they dont feel like they are going to have to do it somewhere else!

What do i have to say, im your busy mod... i post here a lot... and id like to beleive im somewhat crazy and have quite a bit of knowledge about DL. Have fun.

Azure Elvin-mage
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2006 :  16:17:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello!

Only when the last tree is dead, the last river dammed, and the last field paved over, will we realize...

WE CAN'T EAT MONEY!!
Go to Top of Page

cinamon

51 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2006 :  05:16:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sirch,
I guess that was directed towards me, eh? lol....Well, i didnt mean any disrespect and i hope none was taken. I'm a huge fan of DL, as with all the folks that check this website out, i'm sure. I really would love to see a quality-made movie done, and hopefully in my life time...about me, I'm a full-time nursing student and busting my a** trying to accomplish my goals. I love to read, esp. sci-fi. I dont really have a life at the moment, school takes all of my time!!! Anyway, thats about it in a nut-shell, and, I'm from the south.
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2006 :  06:11:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi! I’m known as Goldeneyes here. I’m Canadian, which means I spell things differently, I like to say “eh” a lot and I do in fact wear a toque. I do not, however, live in an igloo. I started to read Dragonlance novels two years ago and I would seriously love to see both chronicles and legends made into movies which is exactly why I’m currently set on going to college for live-action films...I doubt I’ll ever get to work on a DL project but it never hurt to try...

“We pity him. We hate him. We fear him – all because there is a little of him in each of us, though we admit it to ourselves only in the darkest part of the night.”—Justarius
Go to Top of Page

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2006 :  06:48:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I do not, however, live in an igloo.

Yeah but do you like jelly doughnuts and beer eh?

Woggie here. Freshly transplanted from the valley of the sun, aka Hell on earth Phoenix AZ to nearly the great white north in Montana. I am a DL lover and quite the geek when it comes to remembering things about the books.

Hey, what is a toque anyway eh?

Edited by - Woggie on 28 Mar 2006 06:50:05
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2006 :  07:32:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love jelly doughnuts! Much better than regular doughnuts. I don’t drink, though...gee, I hope none of my Canadian buddies fainted when they read that.

As for the toque, I didn’t know exactly how to describe it so I got a definition for ya:

In Canada, a toque or tuque (IPA /tuk/) is a knit winter hat, originally a French-Canadian woolen hat. This "fashion" originated when coureurs des bois kept their woollen nightcaps on for warmth during cold winter days.

You learn something everyday

“We pity him. We hate him. We fear him – all because there is a little of him in each of us, though we admit it to ourselves only in the darkest part of the night.”—Justarius
Go to Top of Page

hype

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2006 :  18:13:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm sean, or hype, and i was posting here a bit a little over a year ago, and now i'm checking in again. i work in the movie biz, making my own and doing special/visual effects for big ones like Spiderman 1&2, Sin City, Aliens vs. Predator, Austin Powers Goldmember, Starsky & Hutch, Tenacious D:Pick of Destiny, and bunches more.
i'm dying to see a DL movie get made - but right! if they're gonna screw it up, PLEASE don't bother!

sean

if it's not fun, what's the point?
Go to Top of Page

Haralion

Canada
959 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2006 :  20:38:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok then, my turn....I'm Guillaume Bouchard, Haralion as you guys know me. IM a french canadian from the province of Québec, and i dont live n an igloo either( although if Tas were here he'd probably think that's cool(see the word juggling here...anyway).. and i wear a tuque as well, cause when you habe brains like me, you sure wanna keep it warm hehe) I'm a 30 year old(if anyone of you says i'm old, well you' re right but don'T say it)..... film school student. I've been doing stupid jobs and partying too much for the last 10 years but recently i've taken a hold of my life and decided i was gonna make something out of it: movies!..... I first read Dl when they got out in the 1980's. I was 9 at the time and barely finished reading Lord of the Rings and was thirsty for more fantasy. So my brother lent me DOAT that he just finished and i began to read it....... and have been doing so every year since then, so make the count, i read the 6 original books every year.... MY collection is quite large and i have pretty much all the original game modules as well as several sourcebooks, the atlas and of course the lead miniatures.

I started film school with a direct goal: to make movies out of the Chronicles or to help bring the project to life. I never thought it possible before what Peter Jackson did. And now Narnia's out and all those Harry Potter movies, i think it'S time for Dragonlance, not now but in the years to come. I've been working on a script for quite a while now and it'S getting thicker every day. I'm learning the craft in school now so that when i know the film rules i'll be able to brake them and craft Dragonlance as a movie. Cause believe you me making a movie is not as simple as it looks. I have the will and i'm currently working on getting the way.

I've been posting here for a while now and have enjoyed the company of fellow fans like you. I will keep doing so for as long as it takes and probably way after also..... You guys fuel my passion for this story, and please keep doing so for times to come. I will always love sharing ideas with all of you, even if i disagree with some i welcome different points of view.

May Paladine, Gilean or Thakhisis guide your paths....

"Pain is temporary, film is forever" , Peter Jackson
Go to Top of Page

cinamon

51 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2006 :  09:40:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, what's with the igloos', i moved out of mine a few years ago...lol
Haralion, good-luck on the movie making. I first read DL in the 80's when i was doing alot of the D&D roll playing also. Then i left that for a while (more like 20 yrs.) and now i'm being drawn to it again with TLOTR movies...and i have a new found energy for any and all of the DL novels. never played the roll playing of DL, but i'll have to put that off until school is out. ok, back to studying.....its 2:35 am and needed a little R&R from the books. See ya, Take care all.
Go to Top of Page

Immolatus

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2006 :  19:18:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Folks. I am a teacher and coach from the state of Michigan in the old U.S. I own over 80 DL novels and have read most of them, some of them twice. I have been a member of this thing for years, but my participation has been sporadic to say the least. I very much enjoy the discussion that takes place here, and it would be great if this ever matured into an actual movie production. I never got into the D&D gaming thing, but I love to read fantasy; though I don't read anything but DL. For those of you in Canada-how is your education system up there? and what is the job market like for educators?
Go to Top of Page

hellbovine
Starting Member

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2006 :  19:33:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm Bruce, and i'm supposed to be writing an essay for adv composition. Nebraskan, democrat, general geek/nerd dependin' on topic. i'm shadowlink07 on http//:d-storm1.shroom.net go there and register for i'm the unofficial recruiter! fear me! or i unleash my cows of doom on you! then i'll fill you body with lead with my mad bf2 skills (i'm a n00b, but i'm probably better than you!), and oh i'm just a 16-year old introvert with a lot of time on my hands. And, for the record, a life.

I like my coffee black... black like your soul...
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2006 :  20:12:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Immolatus im from the Michigan, in the Detroit area.

Go to Top of Page

Immolatus

USA
135 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2006 :  14:51:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sirch, I am on the other side. Grand Rapids area. Once in a while I will visit some friends in the ann arbor area, but other than that I don't spend too much time over on your side.
Go to Top of Page

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2006 :  01:25:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have realtive in Battle Creek/Kalamazoo area. I never visit tho. I don't know why I mentioned it. Sorry.

Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2006 :  13:05:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Meh i posted this as a more of a chatty thread where we can spam at each other off topic. Theres no place to do that on this forum. Anyway i never travel farther west then Ann Arbor unless im going up north so.... Think ive been to Grand Rapids once.

Go to Top of Page

Sam Half-Elven
Starting Member

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2006 :  06:07:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sam Half-Elven at your service fools
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly