Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 46

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2008 :  13:02:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MSTO, I am going to guess Tika is doing her boob juggle for Caramon.

"James, get the F**K out of my office! Those eyes creep me the heck out!" - My boss on halloween

Why insult the door's purpose by locking it?
—Favorite kender expression, Dragons of Winter Night
Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2008 :  13:30:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by james

MSTO, I am going to guess Tika is doing her boob juggle for Caramon.

LOLOLOLOL

I could see how that scene would fit, but no cigar.

---
I'm not a snob. Just overeducated.
DLMS Forums: We whinge because we care.
Go to Top of Page

sprite
Starting Member

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2008 :  23:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gems, I love that Tas! Really great! I have a particular fondness for Tas since I'm playing him in an online RPG right now. We've grown close. His facial expression is so...well, Tas!

MSTO, I love your ability to capture expression. That one of Crysania in particular impresses me. I'm re-reading Legends right now, and the way she is described over and over as having such a cold demeanor - I think you've caught that perfectly in your drawing of her. Kit's crooked smile, too. Love it!
Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2008 :  15:08:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Sprite! I was rereading the beginning of Legends in order to get Crysania down right, too. A lot of people think of her as a creampuff or a ditz...she's really more of the Strict-Nun-Who-Incidentally-Is-Pretty-Hot type. And most art I've seen makes her look like a teenager--she's really about 30 years old or so.

I don't like Kit, but she's a ton of fun to draw.

---
Go to Top of Page

smax140

USA
621 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2008 :  23:18:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah you hit the nail on the head with Crysania "Nun type" But you always hit the nail on the head with your pics. I agree that you capture and portray all the emotion in your scenes its an unbelievable talent you got. A bunch of my friends are great artists and had hard times in art classes cause if they dont follow the "Rules" they dont pass. Its funny. But, You got some of the best stuff Ive ever seen.
Gems that dragon is awesome its like she's saying "Look how pretty I am" And a great Tas too, I wanna give you a description of Tivo but I dont know where to jump in at the "Inn" Maybe later
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2008 :  09:36:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tonkatough

Plus here is good question to put to you all, seeing that film is a visual medium should the draconian features be similar to Good dragons sort of subtle foreshadow? So when you see good dragons arrive in movie the very sharp and observent audience sort of squint their eyes and think, "huh? These silver and gold dragons remind me of draconian, why is that?"

You could never pull this off in books but with visual medium of film you get a lot of mileage out of it.

Here is an idea. How about some of our awesome artists around here try to pull off a "side-by-side" comparison of draconians to their parents? I would give it a shot, but my 4 year old is a better artist than I am. Tonkatough always makes you think when he posts stuff.

Respectfully submitted,
Fistandscanndalus
(The poster formerly known as Scanndalus)

Rules to live by:
Rule #1
Sirch is always right

Rule #2
If Sirch is ever wrong, please refer back to Rule #1
Go to Top of Page

Gemsamay

Germany
970 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2008 :  16:03:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmmm... I don't think I want to tackle it at the moment, but that is a good idea! I have a much easier time drawing people than creatures..

Save the Earth, it's the only place with wine and chocolate!
Go to Top of Page

Nathaniel

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2008 :  15:13:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i love all the fan art i have seen here and i felt this forum was the right place to post this problem: Right now i am in my production tech class and the teacher just announced that we need to make a photoshop project, any project as long as its within the school rules (no profanity, nudity etc.) and when we are done we are going to get it printed on a shirt which would be awesome...

so heres the main issue: i ability to draw is below "sucks", i wanted to do something dragonlance but all i can come up with is the letters "WWRD" (what would Raistlin do?) or other things of that type... i need some serious help in the ideas dept. or possibly a sample of something i could do myself, i will give full credit on shirt if need be...

Nathaniel

edit: i would also try to submit a pic of the shirt if i could, ya know, to give credit where credit is due... props too

________________________________________________________________________________
"In literature not only are characters and story imortalized... but so are the Authors"- Nathaniel

Edited by - Nathaniel on 21 Feb 2008 15:15:58
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2008 :  15:20:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nathaniel

i love all the fan art i have seen here and i felt this forum was the right place to post this problem: Right now i am in my production tech class and the teacher just announced that we need to make a photoshop project, any project as long as its within the school rules (no profanity, nudity etc.) and when we are done we are going to get it printed on a shirt which would be awesome...

so heres the main issue: i ability to draw is below "sucks", i wanted to do something dragonlance but all i can come up with is the letters "WWRD" (what would Raistlin do?) or other things of that type... i need some serious help in the ideas dept. or possibly a sample of something i could do myself, i will give full credit on shirt if need be...

Nathaniel

edit: i would also try to submit a pic of the shirt if i could, ya know, to give credit where credit is due... props too

My suggestion is put that awesome Raistlin quote, "I will do this..." you know the rest. Put it in Old English or maybe a calligraphy script, kinda like some of the Harry Potter shirts out there. Even people that don't know what DragonLance is would think that the shirt would be cool. Gold lettering on a black background would be cool.

Oh, how about a gold shirt with an hourglass on it. Kind of like the shirts that have the Green Lantern's symbol on it. You could get away with limited amount of drawing.

Just my 2 cents...

Respectfully submitted,
Fistandscanndalus
(The poster formerly known as Scanndalus)

Rules to live by:
Rule #1
Sirch is always right

Rule #2
If Sirch is ever wrong, please refer back to Rule #1

Edited by - Scanndalus on 21 Feb 2008 15:21:35
Go to Top of Page

Nathaniel

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2008 :  10:40:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks, that sounds awesome, i was thinking if i use the quote that i'd put it in gold and at the back of the neck i would put the golden hourglass... i wonder if it would freak the crap out of people...

also another thing: if a whole bunch of us went to that "gamer/geek/hacker/slacker" site jinx and suggest ideas for shirts and items... would people on this site and the nexus site buy them i wonder

________________________________________________________________________________
"In literature not only are characters and story imortalized... but so are the Authors"- Nathaniel
Go to Top of Page

Gemsamay

Germany
970 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2008 :  13:50:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did another portrait of my Inn Of The Last Home character.. I wanted to do a new sig pick cuz I have had the same one for a while. I feel like a change! Anyway.. I took a pic of myself to try to make her look more like me. And I vowed not to be overly critical and scrap it because something is off.. Her lips are too high up but other than that I am happy with it:

Go to Top of Page

Nathaniel

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2008 :  15:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i wanted to be completely sure that this is the right quote:

"I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment."

-Raistlin Majere

i found it in the Soulforge, as i was reading it... this goes down as ShirtIdea#1
also the idea of "I'm not a murderer, goblins don't count" - Caramon Majere, came to mind, but anything else anyone can come up would would be appriciated

edit: also, which font is old english...i can't find it in this huge database

Big Note!: Keep in mind that this is done in Photoshop, i can Filter all i want!

Edited by - Nathaniel on 22 Feb 2008 15:32:29
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2008 :  22:31:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gemsamay

I did another portrait of my Inn Of The Last Home character.. I wanted to do a new sig pick cuz I have had the same one for a while. I feel like a change! Anyway.. I took a pic of myself to try to make her look more like me. And I vowed not to be overly critical and scrap it because something is off.. Her lips are too high up but other than that I am happy with it:

Gems: That is truly an awsome pix!!! that will make for a great sig.!!!

The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".

Fizban Who?
Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2008 :  23:56:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nathaniel

i wanted to be completely sure that this is the right quote:

"I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment."

-Raistlin Majere

i found it in the Soulforge, as i was reading it... this goes down as ShirtIdea#1
also the idea of "I'm not a murderer, goblins don't count" - Caramon Majere, came to mind, but anything else anyone can come up would would be appriciated

edit: also, which font is old english...i can't find it in this huge database

I don't like the first quote. How many times can he say "moment" in two sentences? I like the Caramon quote better. Punchy, funny and geeky.

You can get lots of fonts from http://www.searchfreefonts.com/ just look in the "Antiques" section and you should find some interesting fonts there.

---
Go to Top of Page

sprite
Starting Member

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2008 :  19:34:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the new portrait, too, Gems! Can't wait to see your new sig - are you going to leave your sidekick in?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000