Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

appi
Starting Member

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2007 :  12:39:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

just found out by the new post of dragontattooist that we have to introduce ourselves

I'm Nils from 'Beck's Beer' City (yes the favorite beer brand) Bremen, Germany.
Nearly 30 years old and a fan of DL since 1991. First introduced by my best friend who gave me Dragons of Autumn Twilight because he still had homework to do. I started reading in his living room and was immidiately caught from the first pages on (were Tika moves the barrels up the ramp of the Inn of the last home).
Pencil and paper rpg was a big issue at that time and I decided to be DM in the Dragonlance setting.
Married since Sept. 2006 my wife is ok with my hobby, which is the best I can expect I think. Back in 1991 a mother of a good friend tried to tell me that roleplaying is like a religious sect due to the fact of its exclusiveness. We were not burned at stakes and did not face inquisition, roleplayers survived and since that mideval times much has improved.
Go to Top of Page

smax140

USA
621 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2007 :  01:37:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool welcome Appi Yeah we had that same Persercution in the States too. They thought it was devil worship and when your character died people killed themselves it was tumultuos but its alive and well here too.
Go to Top of Page

graysheild
Starting Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2007 :  19:22:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got into Dragonlance and actually Table top gaming in general by a friend, I had never heard of Dragonlance at the time or even knew what RP really was till then. It was a lot of fun and since then I Have been reading as much fantasy as I can get my hands on. I have not read all the books on Dragonlance yet. I had read the first trilogy and then left Dragonlance to read a few other fantasy novels and have only recently started going back to Dragonlance.

I would have to say that the first Dragonlance trilogy is my favorite. Mainly because it was the one that had started my trip into the fantasy realm before that I was mainly a Trek\Star Wars fan.

The first tabletop and MUD I ever played on was based on the first trilogy of Dragonlance.
Go to Top of Page

Lamassu

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2007 :  21:48:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi,

My name is Derek, but I prefer being called Lamassu. I fell in love with the world of Krynn, since I was a teenager, about 16 years now. To this day, I always swore to myself if I stumbled across a dimensional doorway into the world of Krynn, I would jump in without hesitation (actually, now I would take my fiance and her cat too). I love the books, but unfortunately never really played the game. My friends were more into Forgotten Realms and Rifts and Vampire: The Masquerade and stuff. I'd occasionally DM DragonLance games from time to time, but I really wanted to play a character in one (something I've yet to do to this day ). Anyway, I own both books of 'Leaves from the Inn of the Last Home', and my significant other and I's main diet consists of Krynn cuisine (Dragonblasted steak is AWESOME!!). I stumbled across this forum when I discovered they're finally making a DragonLance Movie that's coming out later this year. That and the 'Lost Chronicles' has really gotten me as giddy as a kender.
Go to Top of Page

Loki of the Lance

USA
173 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2007 :  04:56:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reverend Loki: hero of the lance, ex solomnic knight( cast out due to dabbling in magic), sell sword for only noble deeds, cleric of paladine, friend to kender and dwarves, current residence in Palanthas, honor bound to offspring of Kazaganthi De Orlig for saving my life while slave in great circus, lover of female elves, Respect to Dalamar the Dark.

Est Sularas est Mithos
Go to Top of Page

Arryl
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2007 :  21:19:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi my name is Chris, I generally go by Arryl. I just got my friend into Dragonlance, so Im sure he'll be checking this sight as soon as he wakes up/gets off work.

I'm trying to check to see if the release date has been pushed back from Fall 2007, anybody got any word on that?
Go to Top of Page

goldeneyes8

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2007 :  02:16:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome All....and Arryl i'm not sure if any of us are clear on the release date..but then again i've been being buried by really ugly shoes for a while and i may have missed that update...if i remember correctly though i do think it was pushed back from the original release date but how far back.....
Go to Top of Page

Loki of the Lance

USA
173 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2007 :  23:52:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey smax are you refering to D&D being outlawed in seattle because kids were killing themselves. here is what really happened.

kids were doing live action roleplaying (LARP) dressing up in armor and using real weapons. someone probably just killed someone else. ha ha ha i find that funny.

I play a LARP game called Amt Gard. we use somewhat padded weapons made out of bamboo or fiberglass shafts for the cores and swimming noodle for the padding. tape it all up and there ya go. We wear real armor and have classes that you can gain levels in. we just had our annual even outside of denver. co. 300 plus people showed up to battle. its great fun and free too. check out www.ironmountains.org .

Est Sularas est Mithos
Go to Top of Page

Loki of the Lance

USA
173 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2007 :  23:55:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I play a paladin (Reverend Loki) and wear blackened steel chinmail and plated greaves and bracers that I made. ( dabble in leatherworking). Our fighting Company is called the Black Templar.

Est Sularas est Mithos
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2007 :  06:12:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

I'm new to this form biz also. I have been a DL fan since DoAT came out in '84. I have always hoped that a DL flix would come out. Since LoTR came out as wonderful as it has. I knew DL would be next. Glad I found this website.

The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".

Fizban Who?

Edited by - Fizban Who on 05 Jul 2007 06:13:52
Go to Top of Page

jrp225566
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2007 :  23:57:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I am new to this forum but old to Dragonlance. I've read about 9 1/2 of the books in the series including Dragons, Twins, Meetings, and the Second Generation. I am eagerly awaiting the movie and still hopeful a live-action movie will appear someday. It's been awhile since I read any of the books so the details are a bit sketchy but they still are close to me. I am hoping the movie will provide a great refresher to the stories and charcters I love.
Go to Top of Page

Aviation Freak

USA
192 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2007 :  05:37:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I am Jonathan AKA Aviation Freak. From the city of Loganville walton county GA. I was first introduced to Dragonlane in borders, and sice then ive been addicted, and i dont wana stop.

I am a Draconian. Feared by all, loved by none.

Go to Top of Page

BlackElf-DragonRider
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2007 :  00:02:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I'm from london England and I am a dreamer.

I got my first DL book from a Secondhand shop and I thought I was a luky bugger to dicover this wonder.

I am rereading my collection. I thought I was alone. No one around me is interested in the books and find me odd, which I am, but not for that reason. I will be glad to get to know you all and share in the love of the DL books.

See you around.
Go to Top of Page

Tas kender hero

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2007 :  07:45:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi i'm new in i'm Jemma i like a lot of you decovered the cronicals in my teens my dad gave me my first copy whitch was a bit battered then and i red all three untill they fell apart i'm on my 3rd copy of the books now which i brought last year the collectors edition of all 3. I know it sound silly but as a 16 year old reading a book all the way through 4the first time i could not belive the effect it had on me i laughed,cryed and i think you do take on the roll of you favorite character while you in the world of fantsy that grabs you and drags you in so like my dad i'll be passing my copy on to my children how ever many i go through till then
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2007 :  22:59:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've neglected this topic for too long. A big "HELLO" to all the new ones that I haven't greeted yet.

"All things serve the (Jim) Beam."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000