Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

IdealistSavior04
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2006 :  05:20:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,I'm quite new to this site and to Dragonlance. Just read Legends in about December '05 or so, then Chronicles. Mainly I'm here to figure out which books are good aside the main trilogies. (I'm also quite happy to see at least one other anime fan here, since that's the stuff I usually frequent. Great fanart, btw, though my choice tends more to Tanis and Dalamar rather than Raistlin and Dalamar) Anyway, like the rest of you, I look forward to the movie. Sorry, long post.

"The man who could call a spade a spade should be compelled to use one" - Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

emerald_fire2065

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2006 :  07:53:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum!

Yay, anime fan! I'm not the only one! Phew. I no longer feel strange. Heh. Thanks for the comment. ^^

(Above images made by me)
Go to Top of Page

Thealin
Starting Member

Canada
23 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2006 :  16:45:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello everyone
i've been a fan of dragonlance for a long time, since my older brother started reading DoAT to me when i was 7. i've since branced of into the forgoten relms, mainly cause i find they have a graeter veriaty of stories and places with not 1000 books on backhistory, but hay my opinion

Where in the nine hells did you ever get the notion that i would fight fair. Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

eyemdking
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  02:15:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sirch

Thread for people to introduce themselves so they dont feel like they are going to have to do it somewhere else!

What do i have to say, im your busy mod... i post here a lot... and id like to beleive im somewhat crazy and have quite a bit of knowledge about DL. Have fun.

keifer sutherland as raistlin thats like robin williams playing caramon come on now

Dr. Eye M.D. King
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2006 :  00:42:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all. Started my affection for and fascination with DL in the early 90's with Firstborn. I am forever in debt to a high school friend who persuaded me to try the stories of the Companions. I began with the Meetings Sextet. I read the first two volumes before I read Chronicles and after that Legends. I've been hooked ever since.

"Run? From this rabble?"
Go to Top of Page

Lady Mage

United Kingdom
210 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2006 :  18:28:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, hey dragonlance fans! I'm Lauren, 21, from Cardiff, Wales (lemme know if you need help on the geography). I discovered Dragonlance earlier this year and have read the whole weis/hickman series. Just finished dwarven depths and gonna start again now! I'm training to be a dentist and live with my boyfriend, Ben, dog, Jax, and my 2 kittens, lion-o & lynx-o. I'm on a mission to convert as many of my pals as possible to dragonlance!
Go to Top of Page

zingerapple
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2006 :  04:42:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Wouldn't you know it?" Flint groaned. "Dragonlance fans."
Hello all, I first read Dragons of Autumn Twilight in the early 90's, naturally, I bought the other books in the series. I usually carried a Dragonlance novel with me, especially around campus, which occasionally lead to meeting other Dragonlance/Dungeons & Dragons fans. I was thrilled to meet others who shared my interests. Eventually, we had a small network trading Dragonlance novels. A big plus was that I started playing D&D with a couple of groups, and remember that we had many good times staying up at the wee hours of night engaged in our imaginations and company. Within time everyone moved on with their lives, and I moved far away from home. Such a long time has passed, and many different books I've read and put behind me. However, thoughts of my Dragonlance days lingered within. Most of all, like many other fans, I have always wanted to see a Dragonlance movie made as good as the book. Something sparked my interests in reading the series again and being an avid web-surfer I typed in "Dragonlance" to learn that a movie is being made! On top of that, I have discovered to not have been the only one cooking Otik's spicy potatoes! Excited, yes, no, maybe so, woo hoo, Dragonlance lives!
Go to Top of Page

Bonsai
Starting Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2006 :  17:54:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey. I've just joined, So HELLO everyone, I live in Derby (England) I'm 25 and I've been a big fan of the books for some years now, not to sure what to make of the idea of the movie! just hope it rocks!! I've been let down by so many movies it would be a shame for this to be a let down for the fans, xxx

"the answers you seek are not mine to give"
Go to Top of Page

Winterdreamer
Starting Member

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2006 :  08:22:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi! ^_^
about time I joined here....I always drop by and read the discussions~but I figured,'time to stop lurking and introduce yourself!'
I have been a DL fan for about 10 years now & plan on following the companions on any and all of their adventures.
Like (most) people I am a Raistlin fan, but Dalamar, Laurana, Sturm & Caramon are right up there too.

So yeah,hello! *waves*

I spend my time gazing at the stars
While silently it snows inside my heart
Someone said that life brings and then takes
The winter wake
Go to Top of Page

Lasindra
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2006 :  07:00:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you all,
I've followed a few topics in the forums but didn't actually join until now and I apologize for my lengthy introduction.
Dragonlance encompasses much of what I hold dear to me both in the way of books and meaning. As a young child I picked up a copy of DOWN and thought it might be interesting. My mother had bought many Anne McCaffrey books and I had since decided I was tired of her writing style. DOWN sat on my shelf for a few months since I thought it would be another boring book with dragons, how wonderfully wrong I was! I read a bit and realized I was being sucked into Krynn full force. I went out and found DOAT and proceeded to read the original series TWICE just to be sure it was as good as I thought.
Years later I was continuing to read more of the series and familiarizing myself with more in the fantasy realm such as AD&D. After playing in a few D&D games over a few years, I decided to run a Dragonlance campaign, mostly from my head with a few precious supplements.
Now, years later in what feels like another life I am re-reading the series and am more thoroughly in love with it than I ever imagined possible. I understand and relate to many of the unforeseen circumstances and the pain that life and love can bring. I have started 3 people I hold dear on the Chronicles series and am now beginning a Dragonlance campaign even though it’s been since 2nd ed since I was a DM. I’m piecing together a 3rd/3.5 ed campaign and am pleased at the material available now.
A movie, hmmmmm, seems a blessing and a curse in many instances but I shall wait and see. I’m not overly thrilled at the idea of it being animated since I’ve seen what could have been done (LOTR/etc.) but if the story and characters are true it will be a delight. Please ensure this animated version will not be some happy, sappy, crappy kids flick which makes me want to retch-I want the real story!
I am 26, in Indiana, not far from Cincinnati and enjoy books, music, gaming and other things. It is true that I am someone who sees beauty in what others tend to shy away from. Darkness and death are a part of us all and just as important as light and life- all things will be balanced eventually. The pendulum does swing both ways, most people only notice and complain when it's going against the tide.
Oh, and to those of you that say only newbie's or fanboys enjoy Raistlin, perhaps the sarcastic charm and cynical wit is wasted upon you.

"Of coarse this means a lot to me, Caramon. It means everything! I have worked and studied almost my entire life for this chance. What would you have me do-cast it aside because it is dangerous? Life is dangerous,Caramon. Just stepping out that door is dangerous! You cannot hide me from danger. Death floats in the air, creeps through the window, comes in with the hand-shake of a stranger. If we stop living because we fear death we have already died."
-Raistlin Majere
Go to Top of Page

zengodfather

USA
420 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2006 :  07:13:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am from Fremont, CA which is in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have been reading the Dragonlance books for about 15 years. I read as many as I can get my hands on and not just the mainline books. I definitely have a soft spot in my heart for the Chronicles stories though and Raistlin is my favorite Character.

=========================================

Knowledge is Power
Go to Top of Page

BlackKnight21
Starting Member

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2006 :  16:41:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi my name is Dave I am 27. Dragons of Autumn Twillight was the first book I ever read, and I have been hooked on Weis' and Hickman's work and writing style ever since. I read DoAT when I was about 12, I was moving from Nova Scotia to Ontario a friend gave me the book so I would have something to do in the car. I am really looking forward to see how this movie turns out and then what future developments come from it.

Go to Top of Page

graren

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2006 :  06:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow, i've been a member of, and keeping an eye on this forum for a few months and just realized i never introduced myself! sorry if this ends up long winded.

i'm Graren,(one of my more commen names i'll use when palying computer rpg's)i live in the midwest and have just transfered to Mizzue as a 3rd year student working on forestry. i've been reading Dragon lance since i was 12, and while i havent read all of the side novels published in the last 8 years, i have read just about all of major books and a good deal of the side books involveing the companions and the 2nd gen. i think i gave up trying to chatch up/keep up with all the DL books, i think i stopped counting around 50.
i do a lot of reading outside of the D&D books,(just take a look at my posts in the books section!)

also, i'm about to get involved in playing D&D

I'm the jack of all trades, though master of none. Give me a task, and I'll see it done.
Go to Top of Page

Kim Pierri
Starting Member

Denmark
18 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2006 :  07:04:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

Im from Denmark and my name is Kim (in Denmark that is a male name). I work as a postman, but in my spare time I sail Viking long ships and are the chairman for the Tolkiensociety of Copenhagen. I first read Dragonlance sometime in the middle of the 80th.

Pippin

Sambuca Zombie
Starting Member

Italy
34 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2006 :  01:08:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello. I am new.

Ok, ok, enough cheese. I've read most of the DL books, and I read all of the canon when I was a kid. I've never heard of this site, but in lieu of a new movie it cropped up in my searchs. I have to admit the sounds of some of the talk has me worried, but thats why kender created surprises. So, in the hopes to be a new active member, I say hello.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000