Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 46

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2007 :  06:48:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrStatesTheObvious

Ink drawing of Takhisis. Will be coloring her soon.

---

DLMS Forums: We whinge because we care.

Excellent drawing of the Dark Queen (Queen of Darkness) MSTO! And yes it would be great to have you sig. on it.

The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".

Fizban Who?
Go to Top of Page

Raistlins Apprentice

USA
309 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2007 :  07:55:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! I think that is your best yet. It looks like it could come straight out of a book. No wait, let me change that. It looks better than what I see in some books. Way cool. Can't wait to see color!!

"Mortal world turned to Ice, here be goblin paradise!"
"Higher higher burning fire, making music like a choir!"
Go to Top of Page

smax140

USA
621 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2008 :  22:37:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Def better than a lot of books The bottom pert is cool. One of her daughters has that kind of bottom too
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2008 :  01:17:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all!

My gosh! Takhisis looks awesome MSTO! Can't wait to see her coloured!

draconian

Just thought I'd drop by and ask everyones’ option. I wanted to make sure I know how to draw the structure of draconians since I plan to do a painting with draconians (and Laurana)--eventually...if I ever get around to it lol. And since I've not been taught about anatomy, it'd be awesome if anyone could tell me if something looks off :P lol

I plan to do a more detailed head, sword, feet (longer toes), and hands as well as armor when I do the painting, though

“We pity him. We hate him. We fear him – all because there is a little of him in each of us, though we admit it to ourselves only in the darkest part of the night.”—Justarius

Edited by - Golden_eyes on 08 Jan 2008 01:22:46
Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2008 :  02:48:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's an interesting take on a draconian! He looks like one of the characters from Gargoyles. I like the look.

For someone who says they don't know anatomy, that's pretty convincing :) As well as making the toes longer, I'd suggest making them wider and making the footpad (the part where the toes are attached) wider, so it distributes his weight more solidly. Also, the hand and arm holding the sword look a bit off, I'm not getting any movement or tension from it, it looks kind of like he's half-heartedly holding his arm up with a sword taped to his palm. The fingers should go around the hilt, just look at the hilt as a cylinder (or a smushed one) and make the fingers follow that. You shouldn't even be able to see the fingers much, mostly the first knuckles.

Eh..

Draconians have tails, right?

Anyway. the shading and musculature blow me away. Can't wait to see more!

---

Edited by - MrStatesTheObvious on 08 Jan 2008 02:48:46
Go to Top of Page

Slorg

Australia
996 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2008 :  03:07:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great job for both of you, MSTO and Golden Eyes!

I agree with MSTO about the sword. I can tell you drew that in after drawing the draconian's hand as an afterthought perhaps.

The wings and back muscles look great to me, and make anatomical sense.

The toes need a wider surface to hold up the body, which you already mentioned. Otherwise he'd just tip over pretty easily.

The ankles look great.

The overall composition looks like he's either getting, or about to get, stabbed in the gut with a sword. That might even have been your intent!

Overall pretty darn good though. Keep it up!
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2008 :  03:33:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys!

After I was finished I realized that his footpads were too small lol As for the hand--bahaha it looks pretty ridiculous, doesn't it? I usually spend a lot of time doing hands but it was the last thing that I had to do and I just half-assed it... btw, do draconians have 3 or 4 fingers? I've seen both....

Also, thanks for mentioning the tail! I completely forgot! *hits herself upside the head* Some draconians have them and some don't--But I think DL draconians do, right?

Slorg, you're pretty much right about getting stabbed ^^ I might as well explain what I'm intending for the picture: Basically, it's a scene of the Golden General in battle with probably 3 draconians and 2 knights (haven't decided yet)... this particular draconian was running toward Laurana but then she whipped her dragonlance around and it is currently about 2 inches from his throat (which is why his head is upward)--he's also trying to stop his forward momentum so his doesn't run into the tip ^^ I have Laurana mostly drawn but she's on my canvas and can't be scanned :P

And I'm not sure if I want him to drop his sword or bring it up to hit her lance away.. hmmm

Anyways, thanks a LOT for the feedback. Very helpful.. if possible I want to do this in oils--of which I've never used be for in art, so I want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I do anything.

“We pity him. We hate him. We fear him – all because there is a little of him in each of us, though we admit it to ourselves only in the darkest part of the night.”—Justarius
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2008 :  12:56:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
draconian

Imaginary sword time! With sprinkles!

Still needs a bit of work. I think the feet still look a little off (angel & perspective) but that can be easily fixed--does the style look alright? Is the general proportion alright?

--I left the head and sword etc. for later--

Edited by - Golden_eyes on 08 Jan 2008 13:01:13
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2008 :  17:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Golden: I have really enjoyed your art very much as with Gem's, MSTO's and the rest! I just wish I'd had half the talent you all have shown in here. Some really great stuff in here! GREAT JOB YOU ALL, PLEASE KEEP UP THE FANTASITIC WORKS OF ART!!!

The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".

Fizban Who?
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2008 :  05:43:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much, Fizban. I know I don't really have a lot of DL fanart but I really enjoy doing it

*And if I missed anyone else's comment, I'm really sorry--I'm not on the forums as much as I used to be but I really appreciate them!*

Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2008 :  07:33:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yum! Oh, the feet look GREAT now.

---
Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2008 :  16:47:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Golden eyes, its a wonderful drawing, beautiful shading, and muscle definition. But, it looks like a were-wolf with wings to me. Its lacking that reptilian look to it. Scales, would help a bit, but the face seems wrong some how... Like the nose is too blunt.

Here are 3 diferent kinds of draconians. Baaz, Sivak and Aurak. The guy with the horns are the regular troups that make up the majority of draconian troups. But the Silver guy is by far the most bad ass, and also has the wings to match your drawing, and really the only draconian that is worthy of doing battle with the golden general. And if you look at their snouts, they are all fairly long and curved. Think Corcodile.(not aligator!)

I hope that helps!

"James, get the F**K out of my office! Those eyes creep me the heck out!" - My boss on halloween

Why insult the door's purpose by locking it?
—Favorite kender expression, Dragons of Winter Night
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2008 :  00:12:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad the feet look better

And thanks James! Actually, I had that exact picture for reference when i was drawing I always find that the DL draconians look a bit cartoonish to me, so I wanted to make them a little more...hmm angular--i guess?

As of now that drawing is about half done.. I plan to redo the head and put scales on it (lol it's just muscle and bone right now)

But I'm really glad you mentioned the kinds of draconians. I might have to research that a bit. Didn't someone scan some info about draconians/dragons somewheres a while back? Or is there a good site that anyone knows of?

Thanks guys ^^

Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2008 :  00:22:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here you go!
http://www.dl3e.com/lexicon/13450.aspx

"James, get the F**K out of my office! Those eyes creep me the heck out!" - My boss on halloween

Why insult the door's purpose by locking it?
—Favorite kender expression, Dragons of Winter Night
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2008 :  06:54:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly