Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

oneontamerlin
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2006 :  02:07:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello everyone, i just joined this site and thought this would be a great place to say hello. i have some of the pre-fifth age dragonlance books and am thrilled that the are finaly making a movie. i also have some of the DL comics as well.
Go to Top of Page

suldanesselar
Starting Member

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2006 :  13:19:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allo Allo! Im adrian from England in Manchester. 21 fine years of age and a great fan of the dragonlance books. Began reading them when I was 10 years old due to my brother reading them. Picked them back up again a couple of months ago and love them once again. Must say my favourite book is huma and the dragonlance. Brilliant characters with such a fantastic ending which changed everything to do with the books.

Really looking forward to the film.

Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2006 :  08:09:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all! As soon as I heard that a movie was REALLY in the works (animated or otherwise, I don't care!) I HAD to join. Anyways, I first read Dragonlance about seven years ago, and I didn't even know I was reading Dragonlance (Weasel's Luck was the first book I read) and it wasn't until I read Legends that I became the nut I am today. Huzzah!

There's no "I" in "team," but there is an "I" in "pie."
Go to Top of Page

Michael R. Lipe
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2006 :  15:57:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
My name is Michael... and I'm a Krynnaholic. I first read the Chronicles in middle school (mid eighties) and read the original three books (guessing) about 14 time by the time I was off to college. I read everything by Weiss and Hickman that I could get my hungry little hands on... I also found other wonderful authors who contributed to the dragonlance world.. Notably: Raymond E. Fiest who quickly joined the ranks of my all time favorite authors.. For me... Krynn was a wonderful world that I loved to escape to again and again..

I've recently picked up a copy of The Dragonlance Chronicles annotated version (after a much too long absence from the Weiss and or Hickman team) and am lovingly revisiting the world of Krynn. I am pleased at the feelings that have resurfaced upon revisiting the original chronicles... the characters I loved so much years ago are as wonderful as ever, but I also found myself congnitively reconnecting to different points in my life from the multiple times when I had originally read the books. Last week, in a music forum I frequent, someone posted news of the movie being made. This was the first I heard of it and I'm extremely thrilled... I went through the usual thoughts of "how could it ever live up to my expectations.." But my excitement of the possibilities quicky snuffed those thoughts out of my head... I was then pleased to see how much of a hand Weiss and Hickman will have in the film throughout the process... I'm sure it will be wonderful.. and if it somehow is less than the best, I don't see how it could ever take away from what the books have given me.

Oh... I'm currently 34 years old.. I'm a Graphic Artist, Musician, Poet & Abstract/Surreal Artist. I have also recently started the adventure of Fatherhood (Isabelle Rose was born on February 17th of this year), and it looks to be a grand one :)

That's it for now...

Buy my poster set online: http://www.myspace.com/mikeydesign
Go to Top of Page

Aislyn
Starting Member

Brazil
4 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2006 :  22:53:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. I´m from Brazil and apparently the only one (or at least i haven´t seen anyone else yet)
Just joined in today, and please forgive anything that i may write wrong
I don´t have a lot of knowledge about DL, since all i read was the autumm twilight and the next 2. But i love it, and i love the idea about the movie, and that´s how i ended up in here.
I do read some others fantasy books too.

that´s about it i guess. See ya
Go to Top of Page

Tasslehoff

Canada
424 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2006 :  00:53:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lipe that painting is awesome! Although it looks like its on drugs, but it still rocks!

Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2006 :  05:17:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I absolutely love your painting, MRL. Truly beautiful.

“We pity him. We hate him. We fear him – all because there is a little of him in each of us, though we admit it to ourselves only in the darkest part of the night.”—Justarius
Go to Top of Page

Michael R. Lipe
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2006 :  16:05:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Golden_eyes

I absolutely love your painting, MRL. Truly beautiful.

Thank you :)

quote:
Originally posted by Tasslehoff

Lipe that painting is awesome! Although it looks like its on

I don't think the painting is on drugs, but I've never had it tested... :) thank you for the compliment, though...

I changed my signature to a banner seeing that the image was so big, but I guess this board hard codes the signatures in each post, so my first post retains the original sig... did I just talk in a circle and over explain myself.. sorry, I do that.

Buy my poster set online: http://www.myspace.com/mikeydesign
Go to Top of Page

Speedster
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2006 :  05:51:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings & Salutations! Just found this site and had to join been reading DL going back 20 years when my sister got me hooked. Got the warm fuzzies finding myself ensconced amidst fellow admirers of the work.

<font color="green">"Don't you color me by the way you paint your picture, I'm happy just the way I am"</font id="green">- Mr. Big
Go to Top of Page

Lady Crysania

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2006 :  02:43:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hullo everybuddy! I am a newbie to the forums. I was absolutly thrilled to find a place where there are other DL fans. It will be nice to share thoughts on DL.

"You didn't persuade me, I chose to come! It was my decision"
Go to Top of Page

zengodfather

USA
420 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2006 :  06:33:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Crysania

Hullo everybuddy! I am a newbie to the forums. I was absolutly thrilled to find a place where there are other DL fans. It will be nice to share thoughts on DL.

"You didn't persuade me, I chose to come! It was my decision"

Nice to have you Lady Crysania. There is also Dragonlanceforums.com if you want more variety of topics. I enjoy it here though, much less formal.

=========================================

Knowledge is Power
Go to Top of Page

Country

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2006 :  17:15:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi i have been here for about a year and i was just a looker, but know i want to talk and let people what i think. Besides i think it is awesome that they are finally makeing a movie.

"a mage's soul is forged in the crucible of the magic." --Antimodes of the White Robes
Go to Top of Page

rtranson2
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2006 :  12:56:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. I've been an avid DL fan since the series first came out. Raistlin is my all-time favorite character. One of the only difficulties I have with DL is when some other author besides Weis & Hickman write about the Companions. None of the others seem able to get the characters just right. Besides that I'm everything DL.

"Shirak."
Go to Top of Page

Smirnoffsky
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2006 :  03:30:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, finally found the intro thread! I'm a big Dragonlance fan and I was very surprised (much more delighted) to see an upcoming movie I'm really looking forward to this and I hope to have a good chat with fellow denizens of Krynn!
Go to Top of Page

Mirgonael

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2006 :  01:03:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings and salutations all. I'm an Air Force veteran, and spent 11 years Active duty until a line-of-duty injury ended in seven pieces of titanium in my back. I've been reading Dragonlance since I was about 15 or 16 years old. I am completely addicted to the series, and have first printings of every single Dragonlance novel so far. I also teach metaphysics, but have taken a break from that since suffering a stroke last october (mild one, so I came out pretty much okay). So, now I spend alot of time on the computer, and I'm sure some of you have noticed a few of my posts by now. Anyway, I just want them to hurry up and put these films out while I'm still around to see them.

"Uh, Lunitari's idish, shirak, damen du!" - Raistlin Majere -
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000