Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

Wilhelm of Istar
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2007 :  00:41:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[font=Book Antiqua]Greetings everyone,

I read my first Dragonlance book about at 15 (about 12 years ago... Eeeck!). We had recently moved from Atlanta to Santiago de Chile and I was feeling rather lonely. Dragonlance helped me make new friends, got me into gaming and has turned me into the "well-ajusted-individual" I am today (whatever...).

Anyways, Dragonlance reminds me of my teenage years, so it has a special place in my heart. I'm hoping to meet people who also share this passion for the wonder of Krynn. A friend asked the other day which Dragonlance character I saw myself as...I like to say Raistlin, but I'm really more like Astinus of Palanthas.

I'm proud to have known the Dragonlance Saga (although I've only read about a dozen of them). It's unique setting, atmosphere, storyline and character diversity, make it an epic saga beyond compare. Honestly, after reading the Chronicles and Legends, someone gave me LOTR to read... (Boring!) I was actually yawning as I read...

So, long live Dragonlance! Hope the movie comming out won't be a blunder or a fall into the mainstream of cheap entertaiment for the masses (like that insipid Dungeons and Dragons film).
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2007 :  20:50:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard Wilhelm and Mage!!!

"Per me si va ne l'etterno dolore" - Dante Alighieri
Go to Top of Page

gypsy

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2007 :  01:55:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everybody!

My name is Amy. I'm 32, from Kentucky. I live with my boyfriend and our 2 beautiful girls, a blonde chow-chow named Annabell and her little half sister, a black chow-pit bull mix named Lenore.

I've been a DL fan since I was about 19. I was going through a tough time, a friend of mine had a bunch of DL book and when I started reading DOAT, I was hooked. I read 19 of the books in about 3 months, I went through every book my friend had, I just couldn't stop. Like many fans, Raistlin is my favorite character, but I really like Tas too, that little kender cracks me up.

I've been reading on this forum for about a year now, thought it was about time I joined in on all the fun. I look forward to many great discussions with ya'll.

Talk at ya later.

Edited by - gypsy on 21 Apr 2007 01:58:45
Go to Top of Page

Gemsamay

Germany
970 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2007 :  08:09:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all!

I started reading Dragonlance when I was in the 5th grade, I read the Chronicles series, then stopped reading them. About a year ago I ran across DOAT in a bookstore and I was completely excited to see it since I LOVED it when I was a kid. To make a long story short, I now own 20 DL books and plan to own all of them someday. I am 22 years old, so I think I am probably younger than most ppl I have seen on here so far

This past November I got engaged to a wonderful man. His mother was recently diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer, so we have moved in with her to take care of her. We have a dog and a cat, they are both very unique characters

Save the Earth, it's the only place with wine and chocolate!
Go to Top of Page

Dark Magik

USA
240 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2007 :  00:44:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Gypsy and Gemsamay! Glad to see you here!

Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2007 :  00:57:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums Gemsamay! Congrats on your engagment. I just lost my mother to lung cancer so I know what you're going thru. I wish you all well and may the light of which ever moon you pray to guide your path!!!

Go to Top of Page

UncleRavenlock

Canada
230 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2007 :  04:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sorry for your losses, Brother Vassor. I have not had such losses yet, but there is time in life that it will happen. I hope your family and yourself are pulling through ok.

And welcome all! Come join me at my establishment. The Inn of the Last Home. Yes, you read right. I had purchased it from Tika, and am now running it the way everyone still remembers.

Uncle Ravenlock, the Grouchy dwarf.
Go to Top of Page

Lady Crysania

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2007 :  17:27:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I have been away for a long time. I have missed out on alot it appears.

A hearty WELCOME to all the new folks, hope you enjoy your stay with us.

My condolences on your loss Vassor. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Shalafi Crysania
"You didn't persuade me,I chose to come! It was my decision"
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2007 :  03:18:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Uncle. We're doing alot better now. Remember that every day should not be taken for granted! Live for today.

Nice to have you back, Lady. You've been gone too long. I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Go to Top of Page

SwiftWarrior
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2007 :  20:35:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, my name is Megan....but on here I am SwiftWarrior. I started reading Dragonlance when I was about thirteen...I just love them. I'm from the USA. I'm excited to talk about topics DragonLance related...mostly because I'm one of the only girls I know who likes DragonLance. Ah well, they're missing out/
Go to Top of Page

Lady Crysania

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2007 :  06:12:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the welcome back, Vassor

Shalafi Crysania
"What's the point? Why bother getting close? Why bother caring? It's all just going to be stripped away." - Rizalthas Vrenlathasal
Go to Top of Page

Draco Paladin
Starting Member

Laos
15 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2007 :  13:49:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think i missed this forum, but I'm introducing myself now.
I am a Canadian living overseas.
My absolute fav. characters are:
Fizban!
and,
Raistlin.

I have the war of the lance books,
the legends trilogy three-in-one,
DoSf, and Dragons of a Fallen Sun.

Feel free to visit my Draganlance Song Lyrics Competition!

Wait!My hat! Where is my hat?
(My hat is on my head)
Go to Top of Page

goldeneyes8

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2007 :  21:21:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome SwiftWarrior! This is an awesome sight with even better people...a lot of them are girls too including myself. Ive been hooked since i was thirteen too so i know the obsession well. Enjoy your stay!

Also a welcome to Draco Paladin! We look forward to your future posts.

Edited by - goldeneyes8 on 07 May 2007 21:25:17
Go to Top of Page

Archmage Raistlin
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2007 :  22:50:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I guess I might as well introduce myself. I read my first Dragonlance book about two years ago and have been reading/collecting the books. My favorite series of all time!
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2007 :  23:05:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome SwiftWarrior, Draco and Archmage. Nice to have some new fans aboard.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000