Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2012 :  03:16:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Merlin ! Welcome to DLMS!!!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

-Edmund Burke-
Go to Top of Page

Moon Crazed
Advanced Member

USA
5149 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2013 :  01:58:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aye, welcome ^.^ I'd be one of the returners XD

"Fear not what you may read, but what you may not."
"Hah! Your aims as rotten as your meatballs!"
"NARCOLEPSY!"
"Stupid Newlyweds and their fireworks. Just like a kid on the fourth of July."
-Kalowen
Go to Top of Page

Nanten
Starting Member

Russia
14 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2013 :  18:06:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone.
Nice to meet you, indeed. I'm glad very much to discaver this site.
My nickname is Nanten (you can see it), I'm from Russia. What else about me? I LIKE DRAGONLANCE! My favourite characters? So, first of all, it's Raistlin. LOL Yes, I am not original. Tasselhof, Fizban (and Dalamar, a little) are next. Else? Ask me, please :) I shall answer with pleasure.
In Russia there is a musical Final Test staged according to Legends.
Its first aria is Raistlin's Aria (The eyes that...)
I translated into English (word for word translation, alack!)

The eyes that look through flesh,
That see the life leave
They won't let deceive them,
They will can no longer love.
How is one to love vacuity and perishable?
How is one to set foot on the bog moss?
Even God changes, the world is full of the faithlessnesses only...

The one that saw Darkness once,
Will never trust in Light.
All of sackred come to naught,
And his eyes won't lie to him...

Light passes through those eyes
Like the little stream of sand in a hourglass.
I have taken this quality on credit
And my requital is already near!
If you met a beast, kill him,
But if you can't kill, leave him be.
For the one that passed through fire
He is hundredfold more powerful!

The one that saw Darkness once,
Will never trust in Light.
All of sackred come to naught,
And his eyes won't lie to him...

You can listen to it here: http://www.fantasymusical.ru/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=6. It's the first player. From the beginning it is Astinus who tells, and then is Raistlin's Aria... etc. I hope you'll like :)

PS. Excuse my bad English. :)

Edited by - Nanten on 20 May 2013 02:01:20
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2013 :  18:15:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Nanten and don't be worried by how dead the place might look. Our regular members are just...well wrapped up in real life stuff. My self on the other hand am almost always here....shows how great an outside life I have huh? lol

"Ladies and Gentilman welcome to my life again" Sonata Artica
Go to Top of Page

Nanten
Starting Member

Russia
14 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2013 :  02:00:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dark mage

Welcome Nanten and don't be worried by how dead the place might look.

It's ok, on russian forums of Dragonlance the last messages are for 2012 year. lol
I think, we can talk with you, arn't we?

Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2013 :  06:00:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol that's interesting and sure you canI`ve never talked to anyone in Russia before.

Go to Top of Page

Nanten
Starting Member

Russia
14 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2013 :  15:38:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dark mage

lol that's interesting and sure you canI`ve never talked to anyone in Russia before.

Really? And you, are you Canada from? I have never talked to anyone in Canada or the USA either. (Apropos of Canada, I speak Franch a little).
Well, let's talk about Dragonlance. What topic do I have to go so as to talk over Raistlin... f.e.?

Edited by - Nanten on 20 May 2013 15:49:47
Go to Top of Page

RaistlinsLight23
Advanced Member

USA
2443 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  00:45:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome!!! I am also a member that frequently visits this website, even though (as Dark Mage said) every time I look recently I hope for new posts that aren't there. It is alright, though, these things are worth the wait. Hey, DM, maybe we could start something new going with us while he's busy? I mean, I know neither of us are The Fiz Man, but it might be worth a try. Just let me know. Anyways, welcome Nanten. I had no idea there was a Dragonlance musical!! That is completely epic and I would die to see one! Oh, and you can talk Raistlin with me anytime because I am a gigantic, obsessed fan of his! He's my favorite literary character so far, and I could probably chat forever about him and DL. I hope you find your visits frequent and fulfilling!

"Raistlin!" It was Crysania's voice. Lifting his gaze, he saw her standing before him, holding his hands away from his face, her eyes wide and filled with concern.
"I'm all right", Raistlin said coldly. "Leave me alone!" But, even as he spoke, he sighed and lowered his head again, shuddering as the horror of the dream washed over him. Pulling a clean cloth from a pocket, he began to dab at the wounds on his face.
"No, you're not", Crysania murmured, taking the cloth from his shaking hands and gently touching the bleeding gouges. "Please, let me do this", she said, as he snarled something unintelligible. "I know you wont let me heal you, but there is a clear stream near. Come, drink some water, rest and let me wash these".
Sharp, bitter words were on Raistlin's lips. He raised a hand to thrust her away. But then he realized he didn't want her to leave. The darkness of the dream receded when she was with him. The touch of warm, human flesh was comforting after the cold fingers of death.
And so, he nodded with a weary sigh.

Edited by - RaistlinsLight23 on 21 May 2013 00:46:17
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  05:10:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep Canadian born and raised and don't worry about the French thing I only speak English. You can either create ur own topic for Raistlin, I am also a huge fan, or I think there is still a topic for favorite characters someplace....

What would you have in mind RL23? We cant really move on in any of our current threads without him.

Go to Top of Page

RaistlinsLight23
Advanced Member

USA
2443 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  12:34:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought maybe something completely new, just to do while he's so busy during these long chunks of time. Just an idea in case you're itching to do something on here.
Go to Top of Page

Nanten
Starting Member

Russia
14 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  14:54:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RaistlinsLight23

Anyways, welcome Nanten. I had no idea there was a Dragonlance musical!! That is completely epic and I would die to see one!

You don't must die. :) The musical premiere on the stage will take place in Moscow in Decembre. You could write to Anton Kruglov, the producer and the composer of this project (in the musical as Raistlin ) and engage his troupe in the USA.
As yet the musical is in radioplay version, more brief. I could sand it to you
And now, for you, two posters of first and second parts of musical.
(The First Part, Darkness and Light) http://radikal.ru/F/s017.radikal.ru/i428/1305/4c/fae785bc814c.jpg.html

(The Second Part, All for sake of faith
http://radikal.ru/F/s019.radikal.ru/i635/1305/77/8532d6705296.jpg.html]

I could translate the libretto, and you edit it

quote:
Oh, and you can talk Raistlin with me anytime because I am a gigantic, obsessed fan of his! He's my favorite literary character so far, and I could probably chat forever about him and DL.

My sister!!!
I made keen on DL my father (63 years old) and my daughter (6 years old) But my husband only not! (The traiter!).

OK, I'll make the thread for Raistlin, but some later, all right?
(Maybe, the one for the musical too, if it interests you).

Edited by - Nanten on 22 May 2013 04:45:53
Go to Top of Page

RaistlinsLight23
Advanced Member

USA
2443 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  00:00:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome! I love the posters! It's just really exciting to see something like this done for the stories! And, sure, I would love a translation of some of the text and more material if you get the chance.

That is awesome that you've spread the love of DL! I've influenced some sisters of mine and a friend or two, but it can be very difficult to get people interested. And, yes, we are all sisters for our love of Raistlin!!

"Raistlin!" It was Crysania's voice. Lifting his gaze, he saw her standing before him, holding his hands away from his face, her eyes wide and filled with concern.
"I'm all right", Raistlin said coldly. "Leave me alone!" But, even as he spoke, he sighed and lowered his head again, shuddering as the horror of the dream washed over him. Pulling a clean cloth from a pocket, he began to dab at the wounds on his face.
"No, you're not", Crysania murmured, taking the cloth from his shaking hands and gently touching the bleeding gouges. "Please, let me do this", she said, as he snarled something unintelligible. "I know you wont let me heal you, but there is a clear stream near. Come, drink some water, rest and let me wash these".
Sharp, bitter words were on Raistlin's lips. He raised a hand to thrust her away. But then he realized he didn't want her to leave. The darkness of the dream receded when she was with him. The touch of warm, human flesh was comforting after the cold fingers of death.
And so, he nodded with a weary sigh.

Edited by - RaistlinsLight23 on 22 May 2013 00:02:04
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  06:20:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I thought maybe something completely new, just to do while he's so busy during these long chunks of time. Just an idea in case you're itching to do something on here.

Well we could I suppose but I don't have any ideas at the moment. If you come up with something I will be all ears and I will do some thinking too.

Most of my friends already knew Dragonlance but some didn't get around to reading it and are really glad that they did. Love running into random people at book stores and talking about it. Can go on for hours.

Never thought I would see a DL Musical, whatever works I guess at least its something

Go to Top of Page

Nanten
Starting Member

Russia
14 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  10:10:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One more stupid question... How can I attach files here? In order to download a track and listen to it, reading its translation.

Here a kind of drawn clip with tracks of the musical: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iod0Amii-s

Edited by - Nanten on 22 May 2013 10:19:49
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  18:01:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't really know how to do that my self since I have never done it before. I have attached pics though. There are a lot of buttons here when you are making ur post that do all kinds of stuff. Experiment with those would be my advice.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000