Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  04:28:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THANKS!!
Go to Top of Page

louielou50
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2011 :  16:58:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! That was Horrible!! I watched the movie two days ago( it has taken me this long to get over what I watched)and words do not even begin to describe how poorly made this movie was! I find it very hard to believe that MW & TH signed off on this! I understand the need to go ahead and release something but don't your fans deserve something that is worth watching. Hey or how about something with a storyline from the novels? You have butchered a work of art and should forced into slavery by gullydwarves!!
Go to Top of Page

justin-davies
Starting Member

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2012 :  22:02:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i seen the trailer 2day an realized id never buy this i am only new to the book series its epic an love every minute of it an considering its popularity and epic story line i don't see how u couldn't have made a proper movie out of this with real actors an made a huge hit around the globe

seeing this anime was a huge flop i will stick to the audio books.
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2012 :  23:52:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was not an ANIME it was just an animated movie. Calling the DL movie an ANIME is an insult to ANIME.

"Ladies and Gentilman welcome to my life again" Sonata Artica
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2012 :  05:04:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Granted it was not the greatest..... but neither was the first attempt of LOTR.......

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

-Edmund Burke-
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2012 :  05:19:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
True but unfortunatly unlike the Lord of the Rings I dont think DL will get another chance.

Go to Top of Page

pir9008
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2014 :  22:37:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well and utterly disappointing movie.
1.Over powering music.
2.Story line Butchered
3.characters not as expected
4.Way too short, missing information and character backgrounds.

As far as i am concerned this is a very poor attempt to visualize the movie from the novel. I would fire my crew if they gave me this poor quality workmanship.

What was Margeret and Tracy thinking when they got these guys to do the movie. The animation went totally away from the original works posted by Margeret and Tracy in the novels.
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2014 :  05:18:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The character designs themselves were not all that bad but the glitches that happened when mixing 2D & 3D were ridiculous and besides that the two just looked bad together. The voice acting was garbage....what more is there to say? There will never be another

Go to Top of Page

pir9008
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2014 :  10:15:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sarah

quote:
Originally posted by Shion

SHAME ON YOU ALL! OK the movie is animated, is that a bad thing? there are other adaptations to books that are animated and are still great as movies i.e. The Hobbit, The Jungle Book, Watershipdown. Also another poster said that average length of movie was over two and a half hours. O.K. are you joking me? most are a little short of two hours and that is not animated.

Here is what I think.......A movie can never be as good as the book, try to nam one! you can't! I also remember when Wizards of the Coast thought about making a movie and all of us Dragonlance fans where upset that we didn't get the movi of Dragonlance.....well guess what we finally did. Forgoten Realms Sells more and makes Wizads mor the Dragonlance but yet We got a Movie! Shouldnt we be proud! Yes its not exactlly like the novel, yet no movie is. at least we have something to show ou you kids and hope that they like it enough to actually read the books.

No matter if you agree with me or not, I love beeing a fllow Draonlance fan with you all!

P.S. I can't spell. Sorry
Sincerely,
Shion

firstly the humor and innocence of Tas is lost in this poor attempt at this movie.
the nobility of Sturm Brightblade is not apparent.
The seriousness of Flint is lost.
The leadership of Tanis, what leadership.
Caramon and Raistlin i am but naming a few. no conflict and no humility from caramon towards his brother. wth happened there. the voice over for raistlin perhaps misplaced but i think that sutherland is a great actor and this does not do him good.
secondly the layout was poorly done in no way does it resemble solace or xak tsaroth pardon my spelling.
thirdly the end scene is totally wrong as to the end of dragons of autumn twilight.
I would have put in some more effort into the making and design of this movie and adaptation than the previous crew did.
I think the approval from MW/TH is misplaced and an affront to us the loyal followers and fans of the dragonlance saga.
PS. i started reading and following this saga as they started in the beginning and had the privilege of owning a collectors edition.
It pains me to say this but this movie is not worth the effort for any hard core fan. It will only make you weep.

As for me i am currently working on my own art designs for my showreel in 3d modelling and animation. Maybe i should sneek in some of dragonlance's characters when i do some modelling and post my work or representations here for some critic to trol me also lolololol

Edited by - pir9008 on 10 Jan 2014 10:17:51
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2014 :  17:52:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pir9008: I wholly agree with you. I feel that it will take someone who has affection for DL to make a good movie of the series. But it also takes financial resources, someone who is willing to pour $$$ into the project. The DL books first came out in 1984 as LOTR came out in 1954 with the Hobbit in the mid '40's. Longer exposure by far, which means more people over the years read J.R.R's books vs. MW/TH DL series. It will take time, but I feel sooner or later it will happen for DL.... I just hope I get to see it or at least DoAT on film.... I know I'm being one heck of a major optimist here but that is just the way I'm built

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

-Edmund Burke-

Edited by - Fizban Who on 10 Jan 2014 17:53:54
Go to Top of Page

pir9008
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2014 :  20:33:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
for this movie i have done some research and found the following possible faces for the main cast. please advise or comment on the selection as i am using them in my modelling showreel.

Fizban = Ian McKellen

Laurana = Lynn Collins

Tanis = Russell Ira Crowe

Caramon = GARTH COLLINS

Raistlin = Criss Angel

Sturm = Gerard Butler

Flint = Daniel Day Lewis with beard

Tasselehof = RICK MORANIS , Elijah Wood

Tika = Kirsten Dunst

Goldmoon = Svetlana Khodchenkova

Riverwind = kurt russel
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  06:55:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm an impressive list...

-Edmund Burke-
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  07:44:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Criss Angel? No hack magician is going to play one of the most epic mages in history. Second he is no where near attractive enough.

Go to Top of Page

pir9008
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  10:25:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dark mage

Criss Angel? No hack magician is going to play one of the most epic mages in history. Second he is no where near attractive enough.

the list is nowhere near complete or final. i have some others i am looking at. But for now they are the pickings i looked for.
Chris angel is not pretty as is raistlin but he is not yet final. so is 2 or 3 of the other main characters.
i chose them for the look of the face but will refine them when i am done with the script.

also a bit on the length of the movie ....

i have looked at harry potter and lotr series and lotr is over 2.3 hours long why oh why did they cut dl to 90 min only.
i think we can have the first novel dragons of autumn twilight in one movie and so for the rest of the dl series chronicles.
looking at the hobbit movie the desolation of smaug it's 2:41:50sec long.

can they explain why then did lord of the rings series movies make so much and harry potter movies make so much in box office. some of the best movies i have seen are over 2 hours and then there are the greats at 3 hours plus.
see this list of movies it has a lot of classics in them and some that has made box office history:

http://www.listal.com/list/3-hour-fillms

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/?pagenum=1&sort=year&order=DESC&p=.htm

Is it not then right to say make it as complete and as near the book as possible?
that is what i envisioned for this movie dl. no cuts to the story that would break or leave information away to the character builds.

Edited by - pir9008 on 12 Jan 2014 10:30:29
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2014 :  22:24:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be fairly close to do it in 3+ hours. Or in two 2+ hour movies, but the halfway stop point would need some consideration.

-Edmund Burke-
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000