Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2009 :  00:03:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More like what do you think should be done next? Do you think they should continue on with the animated movies and do DoWN or just reboot entirely. Maybe we can get some DL discussion back in here.

Personally, if they choose to do another DL movie I would hope they don't choose DoWN. There is too much stuff to cover in the ninety minute time span they want to use and the fans won't be satisfied and they run the risk of sales dropping considerably. It should be dropped altogether or they can make one of the side books like Legend of Huma into a movie.

I'd like to see a live action Chronicles or Legends but I don't think it is likely that a studio will take a financial risk on Dragonlance.

-----
  #9650;
#9650; #9650;

Kalowen
Advanced Member

USA
4472 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2009 :  08:04:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As always I'm with the live action idea. But I think they could also do longer stories in more than one movie. Hey what if they did a live action TV series like Stargate? Weeeelll, idk its just an idea/dream.

Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2009 :  11:36:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think a live action mini series is actually superior for telling epic stories but I'm suspicious no one will want to pick one up and try it or do a good job of it.

It's that or three three and a half hour movies.

-----
  #9650;
#9650; #9650;
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2009 :  18:27:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree totally. If the Sci-Fi Channel did a DOAT like they did Earthsea.

Check out my fanfic on Lucius' and Arial's romance at the following link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4658602/1/We_Met_at_the_Inn_of_the_Last_Home
Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2009 :  23:02:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definitely a reboot. Just bring Preusser back for the music.

Go to Top of Page

Versingetorix

Canada
276 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2009 :  01:36:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrStatesTheObvious

Definitely a reboot. Just bring Preusser back for the music.

100% agree as usual with you MSTO been a year since i've been on and i am still like a company suck up agreeing with you :P

Just because a thing isn't true doesn't mean you can't believe in it! ... Some
of the most important things we believe may or may not be true ... that people
are basically good ... that honor, courage and virtue are everything ... that
money and power, power and money are nothing ... and that love ... true love
never dies. ... They may or may not be true but we believe in them, because
they're the only things worth believing in."

I wanted to tell her that sometimes in my long sleep I dreamt of her
Go to Top of Page

Fletcherwyla
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  20:12:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suggest that we all become producers of the next movie. We do a paypal fundraising drive after finding out how much it would cost for Blur studios to do a remake of DOAT. (I'm of the school of thought that the first movie should be bought, seen once, and then subsequently burned) Everything I've seen from them is amazing quality, but it's all been short movies or video game intros.

The Warhammer Online intros are actually what made me think of Dragonlance. Very good characters, as well as great fight scenes. I just have no idea how much it would cost to do something with their studios.

By no means am I just coming on here to just pimp their animation studio, its just an idea that I've had for a while after seeing what was done to my favorite book series.
Go to Top of Page

XxRAISTxX
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2009 :  04:21:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i rented and highly hoped.......

this needs reset with weis and hickman runnin the show......before i die i want DL movies dammit......what i jus saw about 3 months ago was a farce to my passion in reading.

Go to Top of Page

ignisfatuus
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2009 :  05:11:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think you can even use the term reboot, as the only film made was an animated low-budget affair.

What I can't understand is why no attempts have been made to make a movie from this. It's a veritable gold mine, with perhaps the greatest character in the fantasy canon (need I name him?).

Hollywood will dump $200 million into absolute dreck like Poseidon and not do a movie on strong intellectual property like this? They made an Eragon movie for chrissakes!
Go to Top of Page

elvish lad

United Kingdom
385 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2009 :  19:08:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i would really like to see a feature length action movie
of the Dragonlance series to be made, but i can't see that happening soon. we can live in hope.
but a sci-fi mini series would be good and could do
Dragonlance some justice if it was made properly the way
DL fans would want. A 15-20 episode series would be fantastic
to see as a massive DL fan.

"Allonsey"- The Doctor
"He Who Dares, Wins"- Del Boy
Go to Top of Page

RaistlinsLight23
Advanced Member

USA
2443 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2011 :  13:23:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to see them start over completely with Dragons of Autumn Twilight and make them into full length, live action films like Lord of the Rings did. I don't think it would be as true to the books or as good of quality if they made it a tv series. I'd really love to see each of these books as a live action movie, NOW!

"What do I see? I see time as it affects all things. Human flesh whithers and dies before my eyes. Flowers bloom, only to fade. Trees drop green leaves, never to regain them. In my sight, it is always winter, always night."
Raistlin Majere - Dragons of Winter Night
Go to Top of Page

Burredfoot
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2012 :  23:25:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seriously they need to hire Peter Jackson. The Hobbit will soon be concluded in the filming process and Director Jackson will be looking to embark on new adventures. No one has ever come close to Jackson's interpretation of mid-evil genre film making, attention to effect and detail. I feel the series should be rebooted entirely as a live action Directed by Jackson and should be a six part series from Autumn Twilight through the War of the Twins. If they are successful which they will be, then summer flame and vanquished moon can be placed on the table for continuing into the future. Proposals to Jackson need to be packaged up right away in the most well thought out recruitment effort ever in the history of sports or film. Any rights to the film series owned by other corporate entities need to be bought out and Wizards of the Coast need to apply every dollar they got and can gamble into this project as the chief producers. The payout will be extraordinary if they keep rights to all the toys and memorabilia the way Lucas did with Star Wars.

Gary Bullock
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2012 :  00:15:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peter Jackson, right after this fail of an animated version we will be lucky if anyone takes DL seriously ever. We cannot shoot for the stars with this its just not happening. There are other good directors that could do this the director isnt the problem its money, a good producer who is going to say no goofing around, do this right and make money. Why would Wizards of the Coast back this in any way shape or form? They did break a contract with the authors.

"Ladies and Gentilman welcome to my life again" Sonata Artica
Go to Top of Page

Metallica rules
Starting Member

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2012 :  01:07:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mabye Peter Jackson should make the sulmillrilion next after the hobbit movie. Pardon my spelling for the book.
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2012 :  05:10:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would be hard since the Simirillion isnt realy a story, its a history lesson, I dont think people would go to see it.

"Ladies and Gentilman welcome to my life again" Sonata Artica
Go to Top of Page

RaistlinsLight23
Advanced Member

USA
2443 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2012 :  05:12:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
obsessed fans such as myself might...but that's probably it

"What do I see? I see time as it affects all things. Human flesh withers and dies before my eyes. Flowers bloom, only to fade. Trees drop green leaves, never to regain them. In my sight, it is always winter, always night."
Raistlin Majere - Dragons of Winter Night

Edited by - RaistlinsLight23 on 09 Jul 2012 05:12:59
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000