Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

Dakemesh
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2006 :  15:46:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. I saw the link to this site on another site, mentioning the upcoming movie, and thought I'd join up. I got a box set of the Chronicles for Christmas one year back in the 80's and was immediately hooked; I've since lost count the number of times I've read the Chronicles and Legends. I played the rpg for awhile too - Dakemesh was my character's name (a half-elf, red-robe, Dragon knight), and I've followed the stories through the years. Good reading.
Go to Top of Page

emerald_fire2065

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2006 :  21:46:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Umm... hi... I'm Emerald Fire and I'm new. *waves anxiously* I've only been into Dragonlance since November last year, and boy am I hooked. I'm a total Raistlin-obsessive. I do lots of Dragonlance fanart for the web and run the Dragonlance clubs on sheezyart and y-gallery. ^^ (Which are quite popular, I might add). Looking forward to the movie and Dragons of the Dwarven Depths being released in the United Kingdom!

(Above images made by me)
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2006 :  23:22:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very cool, we have a fanart section here which like was requested but just about no one attempted to add art too. If youd like to add art to that please do so!

Go to Top of Page

Quallen
Starting Member

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2006 :  00:55:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Emerald Fire, I would love to see more of your art work. Welcome!!
Go to Top of Page

emerald_fire2065

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2006 :  09:29:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, wow, really!? Great! All my artwork is done in the Japanese anime style, so I hope that's ok. Where is the fanart section?

Edited by - emerald_fire2065 on 30 Jul 2006 09:42:10
Go to Top of Page

Devildog
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2006 :  15:57:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone

I have been reading Dragonlance since 1989. I was stationed in Japan with the Marine Corps and I was bored on a Saturday. I asked anyone for a book and someone threw me the Legend of Huma. Well since then I have purchased every novel and audiobook. Cant wait for the movie I have been waiting for this for years. I only hope it is a great success leading too several more.

Let me be the Goblin Pleeeasssee Flint. GOBLIN. -Tas-
Go to Top of Page

Tasslehoff

Canada
424 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2006 :  18:17:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums Devildog! Happy posting!

Go to Top of Page

elvish lad

United Kingdom
385 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2006 :  19:27:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello everyone i only just join the dragonlance forum about 20 mins ago. like alot of you i'm a big dragonlance fan, i love all the books, i can't get enouh=gh of them. my favourite dragonlance character is gotta be tanis half-elven. my really name is ross holt im 16 yrs old and live in stratford on avon in england. im realy excited to hear about the dragonlance movie, shame we've got wait a year though but never mind eh!
elvish lad
Go to Top of Page

DALATHAR
Starting Member

Argentina
5 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  05:09:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
helo.
i am from Argentina and i am 18 years old .well i started to read dragonlance since i end to read the lord of the rings.i think i dont start at the greatest part of the history, not because there was a bad book .because i doesnt know the caracters, i started at Dragons of a fallen sun ,The War of the Souls 1.but since that book i started to buy . in each pleace that i found them .you see in Argentina there is almost nothing of this kind of things , so when i see books of it i have to buy them at the same time.i actualy have around 35.
I am a fan of all epic fantasy. music, books, films, games, weapons (if i can find them).And i have a lot of hopes in this film.

may the darknes of the queen destroy your souls ,the knowdlege of gilean give back your hopes,and the light of paladine iluminate your
path

pd:if my post arent well writen please forgive i am studiyng english

Beneath all the wrath that torments my lonely nigths ,there is still hope. Help me to recover my humanity
Go to Top of Page

Tasslehoff

Canada
424 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  06:56:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome! Well normaly to read the CORE story you would read Chronicles - Dragons of autumn twilight, Dragons of a Winter night, Dragons of a spring dawning and than you would read Legends - Time of the Twins, War of the Twins, Test of the Twins and than you would Read Second Generation and than Dragons of a Summer Flame and finally the War of the Souls. Of course there are the great filler books here and there: The soulforge (Must read, especially for Raistlin fans) I personally did not like Raistlin that much because I thought he was an asshole, but after the Soulforge he seemed a lot better. Also you might want to read Kaz the Minotaur, Legend of Huma, and the Dhamon series. There are MANY more great dragonlance novels but these are just a few to name. Happy posting!

Go to Top of Page

emerald_fire2065

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2006 :  16:06:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Umm... does anyone know where the fanart section is?

Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2006 :  17:49:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Private message the art to me and ill have Ben put it up on the site with the proper credits that you want.

Go to Top of Page

Dart Flame
Starting Member

Canada
29 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2006 :  18:49:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, I'm Dart Flame (not my real name, duh), and I am 16 turning 17 in 2 months. I first began reading DL about 2 years ago when my friend let me borrow his copy of DOAT. Since then, I have been hooked on the DL World and have bought over 80 of the novels. I think the time for a DL movie is long overdue, so it had better be a good one, lol.

I am currently writing my own book series and I hope my first book will be ready by the time I am 18. Talk to ya all later!

Dart Flame
Go to Top of Page

emerald_fire2065

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2006 :  19:07:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum!

Go to Top of Page

Kitslave
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2006 :  17:37:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quallen

Hi everyone I am Quallen. I have been reading Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms for the past 10 years. I am currently working on completing my collection. If anyone has a list of all the books for Dragonlance or Forgotten Realms I would like a copy.

Ya! How 'bout it. Ive been reading Dragonlance since about 1987 and I remember some of the first editions had lists of books in the last pages. I have every book up to about two years ago. I'm new to the net but learning fast. I'm recently unemployed after 10 years in the Pharmaceutical Industry. I guess I could work up a list and others could help w/ some of the newer releases. Good luck w/ Forgotten Realms, they're all over the place. Probably why I like DL better
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000