Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 46

emerald_fire2065

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2006 :  11:04:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks elvish, I shall continue! ^^

And I'm looking forward to seeing your work, Bonsai!

(Above images made by me)
Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2006 :  06:57:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Golden_eyes, your art is awesome. I am stunned.

Since there are no Raistlin and Bupu pictures, I decided to draw one:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/26369315/

More recent sketches of Raistlin for a more serious drawing later:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39609495/

There's no "I" in "team," but there is an "I" in "pie."
Go to Top of Page

Tasslehoff

Canada
424 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2006 :  21:22:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice obv keep it up! I dunno if this counts as art, but I made a new tas sig XD.

PS WHERE THE HELL ARE THE TAS FAN ART PICTURES!?!?!?!?

Go to Top of Page

elvish lad

United Kingdom
385 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2006 :  21:31:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very good obvious i like the second the pic of Raist
"remember 9/11"
"up thi sky blues"
elvish lad
Go to Top of Page

Tasslehoff

Canada
424 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2006 :  00:42:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please someone make a pic of tas for me so i can make a good signature

Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2006 :  02:00:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Getting a little impatient there, Tas? Haha. When I read the books I wasn’t scouting for a painting/ sketching idea, therefore, it will be a while before I come up with something to depict. It’s just the way I work. Maybe it would be more productive if you gave us a scene. What do you want Tas to be doing? (“handleing,” or in a portrait…having an innocent or serious look) that way everyone will know exactly what side of Tas you want us to draw…another thing, why don’t you do some pictures, hm? I know you can paint! LOL. I still want to see your Raistlin drawing!

Emerald, your new artwork is really awesome! I may be good at real-life and portraits (or what have you) but I can tell you now that I totally suck at anime-style artwork! Anyway, can’t wait to see more.

And, Obv, I really like your sketches. For some reason I couldn’t stop laughing when I saw the one of Raistlin hacking away... heh heh—you really have a unique style.

And everyone who has posted lately in response to my art who I haven’t really replied to yet (MrStatestheObvious, Emerald, Lady Mage, and everyone else whom I missed) I really appreciate the feedback! And thank you so much for your kind comments. In truth, I normally do not allow anyone to view my art (much to my friends’ contempt), but I will try to continue posting my DL drawings...just remember that patience is a virtue.

“We pity him. We hate him. We fear him – all because there is a little of him in each of us, though we admit it to ourselves only in the darkest part of the night.”—Justarius

Edited by - Golden_eyes on 12 Sep 2006 02:01:28
Go to Top of Page

Tasslehoff

Canada
424 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2006 :  03:03:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What can I say is the real Tasslehoff patient?
WEEEELL I supose a good scene would be tas with a huge grin on his face when hes stealing Flints wallet when he gives him a huge in DoAT and all you can see of Flint is his back and you see tasslehoff pulling his hand out of Flints pocket and his face above his shoulder. If you don't understand tell me I'm not expecting annyone to draw this but it would be waaaaaaay cool if someone did.

Go to Top of Page

Michael R. Lipe
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2006 :  22:04:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Golden_eyes

HAHA I remember reading that poem a while back. Good stuff.

Alright. So here are two sketches of mine. I didn’t know if we were supposed to link them or what so I just did what emerald did. Any constructive criticism or comments would be greatly appreciated...and if you want to ask me anything go right ahead.

Raistlin
Crysania

“We pity him. We hate him. We fear him – all because there is a little of him in each of us, though we admit it to ourselves only in the darkest part of the night.”—Justarius

Those are beautiful, Golden eyes!! Somewhere buried in my art/music room I have a bunch of dragonlance scetches from when I was fumbling around and tryting to teach myself to draw...of course I drew what I loved :) If I remember right, some of them are pretty decent ones in the mix of all the attempts. Now that I have the ability that I lacked as a youth, I'm pretty excited about tackling some Drangonlance art in the near future... got an art show to deal with coming up first, though...

Here is one somewhat on topic... It's from around 95 Right before I dove into the abstract surreal style... It's not really a Dragonlance character, but it is a generic Ranger with a flaming arrow...

Buy my poster set online: http://www.myspace.com/mikeydesign
Go to Top of Page

Tasslehoff

Canada
424 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2006 :  22:18:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like it Lipe.

Golden I finally decided to draw a picture because you asked me to and I misplaced Raistlin (good thing cause he sucked compared to you guys) and when I scanned it, I could not see most of the lines!!!!! I dunno what to do and the only reason I drew it was to share it with you haha!

Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2006 :  23:57:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, MRL. I absolutely love your pic--I’m rather curious as to what medium you used for it...I can’t wait to see some Dragonlance pics if/when you get around to doing some!

quote:
Originally posted by Tasslehoff
Golden I finally decided to draw a picture because you asked me to and I misplaced Raistlin (good thing cause he sucked compared to you guys) and when I scanned it, I could not see most of the lines!!!!! I dunno what to do and the only reason I drew it was to share it with you haha!

Ouch. LOL! Boy, have I been there! The same thing happened when I scanned Crysania. Due to the fact that she wears white robes, she was practically a floating head! Therefore I had to go back and redo everything a shade darker so the scanner could pick it up.

Have you tried messing around with it in a photo-enhancing program like Adobe Photodeluxe or something? Try darkening the picture and turning up the contrast a bit… and convert it to black and white if it’s a sketch, of course. I did a whole lot of adjusting just to make my drawings look like the originals in my sketchbook.

Go to Top of Page

Tasslehoff

Canada
424 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2006 :  12:51:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe I will try to darken it when I get home from school tonight.

Go to Top of Page

Michael R. Lipe
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2006 :  14:30:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Golden_eyes

Thanks, MRL. I absolutely love your pic--I’m rather curious as to what medium you used for it...I can’t wait to see some Dragonlance pics if/when you get around to doing some!

It was a sketch (I think with graphite pencil) on rough paper with light colored pencil highlights. When I scanned it in, some years back, I thought it needed a little something more, so I used photoshop to enhance the flame a bit... It's something I don't ever do with my paintings (the enhancing of parts.. I do color correct to best mimic It's real physical representation).

Thanks for the interest... I'll have to scan in some of my older stuff too if I can find it.

Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2006 :  08:45:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the compliments, Elvish, Tas, Golden_Eyes. :D

A couple more that I've done recently:

"Look, Raist, bunnies" ink drawing of the twins as little kids. Awwww.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39769910/

"Lord of the Dead" Drawing of Chemosh, badly colored.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39286915/

Oh, and I'll try to make a good drawing of Tas for you, Tas! XD

There's no "I" in "team," but there is an "I" in "pie."

Edited by - MrStatesTheObvious on 14 Sep 2006 08:47:14
Go to Top of Page

Tasslehoff

Canada
424 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2006 :  12:55:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those are nice Obv! If you do Tas I will soil my pants

Go to Top of Page

Michael R. Lipe
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2006 :  14:15:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrStatesTheObvious
"Look, Raist, bunnies" ink drawing of the twins as little kids. Awwww.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39769910/

I just saw all your drawings...They are all very good... I really like the twins as kids in particular... you've captured a moment in time with great emotion.. I can almost see the scene in motion :)

The anime style art (from emerald_fire2065) is well done too but it somehow doesn't fit into the krynn world for me... so my mixed feelings kept me from commenting immediately, but I do love me some anime and these are well done...

Dragon Lance and anime... It's like chewey carmel and Que Bueno Nacho cheese sauce... I love them both, but mixin them together doesn't really work for me..

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000