Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 46

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  04:49:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

-Edmund Burke-
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  06:54:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Only my second time drawing a dragon, first time in color what do you think?

"Ladies and Gentilman welcome to my life again" Sonata Artica
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  07:00:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EXCELLENT!!!!! ....I hope you do not mind but I took the liberty in saving a copy of it in my laptop.....

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

-Edmund Burke-
Go to Top of Page

RaistlinsLight23
Advanced Member

USA
2443 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  07:03:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW. VERY, very, very nice! It's a really nice drawing!

"What do I see? I see time as it affects all things. Human flesh withers and dies before my eyes. Flowers bloom, only to fade. Trees drop green leaves, never to regain them. In my sight, it is always winter, always night."
Raistlin Majere - Dragons of Winter Night

Edited by - RaistlinsLight23 on 27 Feb 2012 07:04:32
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  18:06:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont mind at all Fiz man I am flattered. Thank you both, I`m glad that you like it

Go to Top of Page

entropically
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2013 :  07:49:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay guys, I do not know if any of this fanart has been posted before, but here are some of my all time favorite fanarts I've collected over the years. I always try to keep up with the artists' names, but sometimes I cannot find them so I have to resort to usernames. I hope you enjoy. ^_^ Took me a little while to compile it all.

Raistlin by Liv Duval (Bear in mind the artist's statement when viewing this one: "I have not read the books so this interpretation of him is based on what I was told about the character, and some pictures I'd seen by other artists." But aside from cloak and eye color and the staff of Magius's design, this is one of the best depictions of Raistlin I've ever seen. I wish I could commission her another Raistlin where the errors in his design were fixed, though, but I don't have the $400 I'd have to pay her for that to happen...)

Raistlin by Lauren K. Cannon

Death of Laurana by Jason Engle (Perhaps this is a spoiler, but, apparently Laurana dies in the newest trilogy by Weis and Hickman, The War of Souls. It is quite sad, and came as a surprise to me as I have not yet read The War of Souls trilogy. I own the first book of the trilogy, though.)

Lord Soth by Jeremy Roberts (Lord Soth is actually my favorite character next to Raistlin. I have read over the little backstory they did for him in Test of the Twins countless times. I have the exact page it starts on memorized and I can quote it almost word for word now. P: Another thing, if you're interested in Lord Soth, there was a book in the Ravenloft series entitled Knight of the Black Rose [I am pretty sure that was it. I can't remember the author. I think, perhaps, it was Douglas Niles.] that is about him that I really enjoyed.)

Wizard's Duel by Julius M. Gopez (At first I thought this was Fistandantilus and Rastlin, but it is actually Dalamar and Raistlin. This guy has many, many more amazing Dragonlance fanart that you should check out.)

Dragons of Winter Night ? Raistlin Majere by "Goran-Alena" (Do you know what scene this is from?)

Erta? Alt#305;n?z's Dragonlance gallery: http://ertacaltinoz.deviantart.com/gallery/24574908 (I highly recommend you check it out. Especially his drawing of Flint. It is beyond amazing.)

Raistlin and Crysania by "airasan" (This is my all time favorite DragonLance fanart ever, guys... It is also interesting to note one thing this girl said: "Recently I saw the animated movie of the first saga and I don?t like it, it?s a pity the low quality of the drawing T^T, I hope if they decide to do the film it will be more like The Lord of the Rings." I agree with her.)

Does that include me, dear brother?
Go to Top of Page

RaistlinsLight23
Advanced Member

USA
2443 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2013 :  16:38:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Something I've been working on

"Raistlin!" It was Crysania's voice. Lifting his gaze, he saw her standing before him, holding his hands away from his face, her eyes wide and filled with concern.
"I'm all right", Raistlin said coldly. "Leave me alone!" But, even as he spoke, he sighed and lowered his head again, shuddering as the horror of the dream washed over him. Pulling a clean cloth from a pocket, he began to dab at the wounds on his face.
"No, you're not", Crysania murmured, taking the cloth from his shaking hands and gently touching the bleeding gouges. "Please, let me do this", she said, as he snarled something unintelligible. "I know you wont let me heal you, but there is a clear stream near. Come, drink some water, rest and let me wash these".
Sharp, bitter words were on Raistlin's lips. He raised a hand to thrust her away. But then he realized he didn't want her to leave. The darkness of the dream receded when she was with him. The touch of warm, human flesh was comforting after the cold fingers of death.
And so, he nodded with a weary sigh.

Edited by - RaistlinsLight23 on 10 Jun 2013 16:41:13
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2013 :  05:59:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...wow that is really good Raist! ...is there a story behind this one?

-Edmund Burke-
Go to Top of Page

RaistlinsLight23
Advanced Member

USA
2443 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2013 :  17:25:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks! It's just a Crysania moment...blinded at the stake in the abyss

"Raistlin!" It was Crysania's voice. Lifting his gaze, he saw her standing before him, holding his hands away from his face, her eyes wide and filled with concern.
"I'm all right", Raistlin said coldly. "Leave me alone!" But, even as he spoke, he sighed and lowered his head again, shuddering as the horror of the dream washed over him. Pulling a clean cloth from a pocket, he began to dab at the wounds on his face.
"No, you're not", Crysania murmured, taking the cloth from his shaking hands and gently touching the bleeding gouges. "Please, let me do this", she said, as he snarled something unintelligible. "I know you wont let me heal you, but there is a clear stream near. Come, drink some water, rest and let me wash these".
Sharp, bitter words were on Raistlin's lips. He raised a hand to thrust her away. But then he realized he didn't want her to leave. The darkness of the dream receded when she was with him. The touch of warm, human flesh was comforting after the cold fingers of death.
And so, he nodded with a weary sigh.

Edited by - RaistlinsLight23 on 15 Jun 2013 17:25:30
Go to Top of Page

entropically
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  07:36:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That looks fantastic, Raistlin. Th resulotion is small, but I like the detail that I can see. Her and face especially. Are you planning on coloring it, or are you going to leave it as is?

I was sad to see that this thread hadn't been updated in a long time. I aboslutely adore fanart. I hope you post more. <3

Does that include me, dear brother?
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  23:52:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some nice work you posted there Entropically but you don't have to worry about spoilers since almost everyone here I think has read all the books to date and War of the Souls is no longer the newest one. Sorry to say I think that statue of Raist is horrible. Everything else is great but people who don't know what the hell Dragonlance is even about should not make DL art.

Great pic btw Raist.

Go to Top of Page

Coconut-CocaCola
Starting Member

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2013 :  18:28:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello! So first here is a little drawing I did earlier this summer, picturing Caramon as the Victorious in the Twins Chronicles.

Also, for those interested, here is my deviantArt group where there is quite a collection of dragonlance fanarts:
http://krynn-dragonlance.deviantart.com/

Badaboomba!

Edited by - Coconut-CocaCola on 09 Sep 2013 18:29:22
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2013 :  18:46:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW!!! that is pretty excellent Coconut-CocaCola I'm glad we have another artist in here! Thank you for sharing!!!!!

-Edmund Burke-
Go to Top of Page

Coconut-CocaCola
Starting Member

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2013 :  18:58:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tehee! My pleasure

Badaboomba!
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2013 :  20:09:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have any more CC (Coconut-CocaCola) , please feel free to post them! We love any are related to DL.

-Edmund Burke-

Edited by - Fizban Who on 14 Sep 2013 16:44:08
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000