Myrddin1
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2007 :  00:34:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, we got some snow all right.

About 8" or so. I got the measurment reading in a very unique, very

cold way!

Think of the rabbits, do you see the rabbits, Lennie?
I see em George, I seeem
KeeP lookin. . . BOOM!
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2007 :  00:44:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Dearborn, Mi. ( Myrddin1 ): sure sounds kind of cold over there. About How far are you from Flint? Have a buddy that lives there.

The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".

Fizban Who?
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2007 :  01:32:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Myrddin1

Oh yeah, we got some snow all right.

About 8" or so. I got the measurment reading in a very unique, very

cold way!

I see em George, I seeem
KeeP lookin. . . BOOM!

We had a little bit more then that here. It kind of ruined my day and reminded me that I need to get new tires. =(

-----
Yesterday upon the stair
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish that man would go away
Go to Top of Page

Myrddin1
Starting Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2007 :  06:06:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flint, Eh? You like da UP, eh?

Kidding. Flint's not a nice place, Michael Moore's from Flint.

He did a documentary bout Flint. Ugly. Anyways I'm a solid hour

or so south/southwest of Flint. As the dragon flies. Dragonflies?

Whew, I gotta lay off the cheeba!

(Besides that dagger was Flint's)

I see em George, I seeem
KeeP lookin. . . BOOM!
Go to Top of Page

thephantomposter
Starting Member

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2007 :  23:40:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all, I have been lurking for awhile, like a phantom. Here is my story on how Dragonlance has affected my life. I grew up living in the military, always moving, closing off one chapter of my life and starting a new one. About grade 8, I started getting into Dungeons and Dragons(The cartoon was awsome!). I loved playing and DMing all those modules. Lost Tomb of Martek and Ravenloft being one of my favorites. Notice the authors? Well, I remember my friend bringing home the module Dragons of Despair. That was what introduced me into the world of Dragonlance. I then saw that there was a novel out too. I picked that up and read it trhough! Wow is all I can say. Well, I am much older now, the child is gone, the imagination has shrunk away. It is funny how that happens over time, bills, work all the adult things.

Then a funny thing happened. I just happened to find out that Dragonlance was being released as a movie! I could not believe it! Oh how I wished it was on the same level as LOTR but I am still very ecstatic that it is a cartoon. It is the story for me. So my middle child saw what I was watching and was curious. She loved LOTR so she was very interested. I told her these were books that I read when I was just a bit older than her. She has asked me to read them to her.

The child has awakened in me agian. We are just about done Dragons of Winter Night. She is so excited with the stories and I am loving reading them to her. She is so excited to watch the first movie when it comes out. Thanks to Amazon, I should have it soon.

It feels so good to be back in Ansalon again. Raistlin is my favorite character and Tass is my Daughters, well him and the gully dwarfs.

Thanks Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, I have read most of your books, keep it up!
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2007 :  23:55:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WELCOME TO DLMS, thephantomposter,
Glad to have you with us!!! ...we hope you'll like it here as we all do.

Fizban Who?

Edited by - Fizban Who on 28 Dec 2007 23:56:57
Go to Top of Page

thephantomposter
Starting Member

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2007 :  02:31:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fizban Who

WELCOME TO DLMS, thephantomposter,
Glad to have you with us!!! ...we hope you'll like it here as we all do.

Thanks for the welcome. I just finished Dwarven Depths and waiting for the paperback copie of Dragons of the Highlord Skies. I ordered it the same time as the DVD. They should both be here soon.

Take care
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2008 :  15:52:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thephantomposter: You're welcome, always glad to say hello to a fellow DL fan!
I just finished DL:DoAT as a refresher so that I'd be able to fill in the gaps in the movie. (when it finds it's way to my mailbox)

Fizban Who?

Edited by - Fizban Who on 02 Jan 2008 15:53:26
Go to Top of Page

masterofpastandpresent

Ireland
135 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2008 :  03:28:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi im stephen from ireland love readsing dragon lance have read abut 15 books hard to come by in ireland writting my own book too.fav characters
raistlin,fizban and dalamar

My dear brother,' Raistlin whispered, 'your strength lies in your swordarm, not your mind. Tanis is wise, as the knight said when we started on this little adventure. You would do well to pay attention to him

Edited by - masterofpastandpresent on 05 Jan 2008 19:30:20
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2008 :  04:10:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WELCOME TO DLMS, masterofpastandpresent!!! More than glad to have you here!!!

Fizban Who?
Go to Top of Page

cloudweaver

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2008 :  04:58:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Welcome Phantom, MoP&P, and everybody else. You should be honored, I've decided to put the other five away for a while and greet you personally. Hello, I'm Cloud."

A kender walks in the door and, realizing greetings are going on runs up, "HI, I'm Hamin!!" Cloud is quick to pick Hamin up, pull something belonging to Phantom out of his hand, and throw him out the door.

"I think this is yours?"

Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2008 :  05:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thephantomposter

...So my middle child saw what I was watching and was curious. She loved LOTR so she was very interested. I told her these were books that I read when I was just a bit older than her. She has asked me to read them to her.

The child has awakened in me agian. We are just about done Dragons of Winter Night. She is so excited with the stories and I am loving reading them to her. She is so excited to watch the first movie when it comes out. Thanks to Amazon, I should have it soon.

It feels so good to be back in Ansalon again. Raistlin is my favorite character and Tass is my Daughters, well him and the gully dwarfs...

That is a great story! My daughter is only 4, but I read them to her too. She doesn't understand most of it, but enjoys the time we spend together (but not nearly as much as I do). I love how books can do that. I hope that she continues to enjoy the stories with you! Welcome to the forums!

quote:
Originally posted by masterofpastandpresent

hi im stephen from ireland love readsing dragon lance have read abut 15 books hard to come by in ireland writting my own book too.fav characters raistlin, fizban and dalamar

Welcome! I have always wanted to visit Ireland. I hope that you enjoy your time here on the forums. We get cranky (I get cranky) but we have a lot of fun!

Respectfully submitted,
Fistandscanndalus
(The poster formerly known as Scanndalus)

Bupu, you have been a good and true friend to me. You saved my life and the lives of those I care about. Now you will do one last thing for me, little one. Go back. I must travel roads that will be dark and dangerous before the end of my long journey. I cannot ask you to go with me.

Edited by - Scanndalus on 05 Jan 2008 05:56:30
Go to Top of Page

masterofpastandpresent

Ireland
135 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2008 :  14:42:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont mind if your cranky as long as i can be a bit crazy

My dear brother,' Raistlin whispered, 'your strength lies in your swordarm, not your mind. Tanis is wise, as the knight said when we started on this little adventure. You would do well to pay attention to him
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2008 :  16:11:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by masterofpastandpresent

i dont mind if your cranky as long as i can be a bit crazy

I only get cranky after a long period with no news on the movie. Since that has been remedied, all is right in the world! LOL

Respectfully submitted,
Fistandscanndalus
(The poster formerly known as Scanndalus)

Bupu, you have been a good and true friend to me. You saved my life and the lives of those I care about. Now you will do one last thing for me, little one. Go back. I must travel roads that will be dark and dangerous before the end of my long journey. I cannot ask you to go with me.
Go to Top of Page

thephantomposter
Starting Member

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2008 :  18:04:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the weloome.

Fizban Who, when I bought DoDD, it worked out perfect that I got into reading DoAT to my daughter. 25 years is a long time. Sure I have read the odd DL book here and there but I forgot a lot. So it is perfect timing also for the movie and yep, I am looking forward to it.

Hey cloudweaver, thanks for the welcome.

Scanndalus, the time together is precious and a great story too! Oh and don't worry about being cranky, we're only human. :0)

Thanks Sirch, I so far I am finding lots of reading around here.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000