Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

Draggo Blacksun
Starting Member

Australia
15 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2007 :  12:51:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I'm from the land downunder, yep Australia. I've been reading Dragonlance books for about 16 years now, amongst other fictional settings. Such as Dark Sun, Forgotten Realms and Shadowrun. Being a dragon I have never let a single one of these treasures (novels) out of my hoard.

I'm married and have a beutiful baby daughter. So when she grows up enough to understand speech, guess what bedtime stories she'll be getting. I cant think of anything else to say here except. I Can't Wait For The Movie.

A strong man stands up for himself, A stronger man stands up for others.
Go to Top of Page

iaresiel
Starting Member

Turkey
4 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2007 :  13:35:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all,
I started to read fantasy books when i was at elementary school. I'm 16 years old and when i heard news about dragonlance movie, i thought i was dead and heaven was so close. so that path brought me here into this forum. I'm sure i'll be happy here. thanks all
Go to Top of Page

Lady Crysania

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2007 :  18:33:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums iaresiel and Draggo Blacksun!

Shalafi Crysania
"You didn't persuade me,I chose to come! It was my decision"
Go to Top of Page

Gilthanas
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2007 :  23:44:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to both of you.
Go to Top of Page

Octavian
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2007 :  07:30:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings! I am Octavian Firebringer. I love everything Dragonlance and am very happy to join this forum. I have not read as many of the DL books as most of you, but I am quite familiar with the world. I have read 15 DL books to date and I am currently re-reading "The Chronicles Trilogy". I had and still have a very tough time accepting new authors other than Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. Any suggestions would be most welcomed.

Firebringer

Go to Top of Page

Dark Magik

USA
240 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2007 :  18:40:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
heck... ive only read... 10 1/2 DL books.

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." –Raistlin Majere

'Count me in,' said Tasslehoff, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. 'What are we doing?'"

"Uh. Fizban," he said. "Your hats on fire." -- Tasslehoff Burrfoot
Go to Top of Page

Gilthanas
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2007 :  21:26:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I've only read about 12 maybe 13.
Go to Top of Page

Octavian
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2007 :  02:18:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Magik

heck... ive only read... 10 1/2 DL books.

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." –Raistlin Majere

'Count me in,' said Tasslehoff, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. 'What are we doing?'"

"Uh. Fizban," he said. "Your hats on fire." -- Tasslehoff Burrfoot

I feel better then. LOL Let's up our count..Like I said before, any suggestions to what's a great read would be welcomed. Thanks

Firebringer

Go to Top of Page

Carlin

Australia
112 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2007 :  02:27:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Draggo - another Aussie on the site is good to see!

Octavius - go the the 'books' section to read what others have recommended after you have finished DL - recently re-read the Chronicles as well, I do so about every six months or so...I love your ID it's wicked. Personally, I have been recommending the Ice and Fire series by George R R Martin as I just love them to death - but they are a little more graphic than DL so if you're under 16 it's something to take to the folks first.
Go to Top of Page

Octavian
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2007 :  05:08:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carlin

Hey Draggo - another Aussie on the site is good to see!

Octavius - go the the 'books' section to read what others have recommended after you have finished DL - recently re-read the Chronicles as well, I do so about every six months or so...I love your ID it's wicked. Personally, I have been recommending the Ice and Fire series by George R R Martin as I just love them to death - but they are a little more graphic than DL so if you're under 16 it's something to take to the folks first.

Thanks Carlin. I, too, re-read the Chronicles often. I have heard many people say that "The Song of Fire and Ice" books are great. I did pick up "A Game of Thrones" once, before I heard all the good things about it, but the lack of cover art turned me off. How insane is that? LOL I guess I went against the old adage. I did judge the book by it's cover. I'll give it a shot, though. How many books are in the series? I started the "Sword of Truth" series before I knew the extent of the series. I had read an older copy of "Wizard's First Rule", so it did not have the many books listed. After I saw that there were 7+ and each were HUGE, I lost the desire to read it. The first book was okay, but not enough to devote that much of my time to the entire series.

Firebringer

Edited by - Octavian on 13 Feb 2007 05:06:15
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2007 :  06:29:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ice and Fire has the following books in the series currently. It's a good read for adults btw.

Game of Thrones
Clash of Kings
Storm of Swords
Feast for Crows

Super highly recommended. And a word to the wise, do not read our topic in the books section, there are massive spoilers in there if you do decide to pick up the books.

Cheers.

-----
Thats the inherit beauty of the single file line. They can only kill the person in front! - Sarge
Go to Top of Page

sithanostaran
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  21:24:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm Tim. I'm in sales. From Texas but live in Florida 'til I can get back to the promised land. I've been a DL fan since '85. I boycotted for about 3 years when I finished DoSF and they came out with that stupid Saga thing (henceforth, refered to as "that stupid card game"). Not a total loss. I switched over to the Drizzt books. Then, someone gave me a copy of the first War of Souls and I've been back ever since. Currently I'm writing a couple of modules for the game. Maybe they'll buy it, maybe not.

"My queen, it is your move." - Raistlin, Test of the Twins
Go to Top of Page

Gilthanas
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  21:39:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Sithanostaran. Texas freakin' rocks!
Go to Top of Page

Octavian
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2007 :  05:10:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sirch

Ice and Fire has the following books in the series currently. It's a good read for adults btw.

Game of Thrones
Clash of Kings
Storm of Swords
Feast for Crows

Super highly recommended. And a word to the wise, do not read our topic in the books section, there are massive spoilers in there if you do decide to pick up the books.

Cheers.

-----
Thats the inherit beauty of the single file line. They can only kill the person in front! - Sarge

Thanks for the info, Sirch. I think I'll give the series a try in the near future.

Firebringer

Go to Top of Page

Dragon Rider
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2007 :  06:14:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fellow Dragonlance readers:

My name is Keith and am going by the allias "Dragon Rider". I'm currently battling the frozen elements of Maine, near Augusta with my beautiful girlfriend Nikki who I call my "Forrest Lady". Though Dragonlance wasn't my first fantasy read it was probably within the first year or two starting with :Dragons of Autumn Twilight: and onward from there. Been reading random DL books since I was in probably 7th grade. (24 years old now) Dragonlance in my eyes is one of the most superior series of fantasy books on the market. I own somewhere around the number of 67 Dragonlance books in all. Yeah I bought some used, so what! Out of all those there may be 3-5 I have yet to read. I'm always on the look out for some of the older DL books like :Before the Mask:, :Emperor of Ansalon:, :Theros Ironfield:, and :Maquesta Kar-Thon:. Unlike most I enjoy all the "ages" of DL. Currently I'm reading :The Reign of Istar: and next I've got either :The Dragon Isles: or :The Measure and the Truth:. Glad to see other fans around. Might be nice to discuss and join in questions with yall.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000