Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 46

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2006 :  15:44:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thaks Obvious. I have another one that I think is better (the wings come out from the bottom of the body instead of the top) but that one is only about 4 inches (10 cm) long. This one is about 20 inches (50cm) long.

I'm thinking of taking up sculpture next.

Edited by - Woggie on 15 Oct 2006 15:45:19
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2006 :  21:33:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, awesome art, you guys!

Woggie—It’s so refreshing to see different kinds of art. I love drawings and paintings, but I would have never thought of doing origami. Anyway, awesome job--love that’s it gold also. I remember doing origami a while back, but I really sucked at it.

Smirnoffsky—First of all, welcome to the forum! Unfortunately, I don’t actually know any of the characters that you drew (I’ve been slacking in my reading lately) but they’re wonderfully detailed. Did you use charcoal? It looks like charcoal.

Obv—Love the shading on Zeboim’s dress...looks a lot like waves or water or something…lol, least I think so. And I love the way you drew her hair. All-around nice job!

Oh, I forgot to post about your Riverwind and Pyros, too, didn’t I? LOL I really like Pyros--now, that’s more like how he should look! Totally evil and all around dragon-like. Like your concept of his cape being like wings or flame...neat idea. And... wait, o--omg...is...is that fur on Riverwind?! Hallelujah! Didn’t think I’d ever see the day! Eat that concept drawings!...It’s funny you don’t see very many fanart drawings of Riverwind...I wonder why?

I’m posting art from another member beacuse I think it should be in here... THIS IS NOT MY ART!!! Please keep that in mind. We didn’t have this thread before when he was on here (and I dunno if he’s still with us or not) but I thought he’d like to have his art in here—I mean, he obviously wanted to show it. So I hope everyone’s okay with me directing everybody to his art. If not just tell me and I shall...ahh...not link it...I guess...

Anyway, this is from Supernaught.

quote:
Originally posted by supernaught

Here are the links to my renderings/portraits, featuring Jim Caviezel as Sturm Brightblade, and Cillian Murphy as Raistlin. Hope you like...

http://www.geocities.com/razr1411/Intelligence.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/razr1411/Honor.jpg

And the topic he posted them in if you wanted to read it... http://www.dragonlance-movie.com/forum/go/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=428

“We pity him. We hate him. We fear him – all because there is a little of him in each of us, though we admit it to ourselves only in the darkest part of the night.”—Justarius

Edited by - Golden_eyes on 15 Oct 2006 21:34:55
Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2006 :  05:46:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Golden_eyes
Obv—Love the shading on Zeboim’s dress...looks a lot like waves or water or something…lol, least I think so. And I love the way you drew her hair. All-around nice job!

Thanks! I was hoping to have that effect with the dress. The green part is *supposed* to look like scales, and the light blue part I just messed around with and realized it looked watery. :D

quote:
It’s funny you don’t see very many fanart drawings of Riverwind...I wonder why?

I feel guilty now...I must draw more Riverwind! I like him a lot more now.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by supernaught

Here are the links to my renderings/portraits, featuring Jim Caviezel as Sturm Brightblade, and Cillian Murphy as Raistlin. Hope you like...

http://www.geocities.com/razr1411/Intelligence.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/razr1411/Honor.jpg
[/quote]

Very interesting drawings, wish I could compliment him personally.

Not quite sold on Cillian as Raistlin, but Sturm looks spot-on.

Kill the men! Kill the elves!
Save the gold for ourselves!
Go to Top of Page

rtranson2
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2006 :  15:28:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are some really incredible artists in this forum. Keep posting your art, it's awesome to look at. I would post my own, but, well... I don't have any. I suck at drawing, painting, sculpting, just about any medium you might imagine. But I do appreciate it.

"Shirak."
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2006 :  06:33:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No problem, Obv. It’s really well done

quote:
Originally posted by MrStatesTheObvious

Very interesting drawings, wish I could compliment him personally.

Well, hopefully he comes back on one day. I would really like to see more of his work, myself.

“We pity him. We hate him. We fear him – all because there is a little of him in each of us, though we admit it to ourselves only in the darkest part of the night.”—Justarius
Go to Top of Page

Smirnoffsky
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2006 :  15:39:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey thanks for the kind words guys!

@Obvious - I saw how detailed your work was the moment I zoomed it in. The strokes... it's almost hard to imagine you rushed something like that! A really nice piece of art you've got there!

@Golden_eyes - Yup actually I used charcoal and an HB pencil then scanned and edited it in photoshop. All my characters are just purely my creations, inspired by DL of course!

Here's another one I made, but this time I tried to play with the ears and exaggerated it (Record of Lodoss Style):

Ulrich Half-Elven
Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2006 :  23:43:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*bows to Smirnoffsky*
quote:
Originally posted by Smirnoffsky

Here's another one I made, but this time I tried to play with the ears and exaggerated it (Record of Lodoss Style)

You really got the almond-shaped eyes down.

Record of Lodoss eh? I just ordered it, it should be coming in soon *squeal*

Go to Top of Page

Mirgonael

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2006 :  23:49:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Watch closely in the opening credits of Record of Lodoss War, English dubbed version. You'll see some very familiar artwork that they just switched the characters around and altered a few details. Still similar enough to catch though. :)

Screen capture of Lodoss War opening credits:

Classic Dragonlance pic of Laurana as Takhisis' prisoner:

Can you find the similarities in this picture?

"Uh, Lunitari's idish, shirak, damen du!" - Raistlin Majere -

Edited by - Mirgonael on 19 Oct 2006 00:14:54
Go to Top of Page

elvish lad

United Kingdom
385 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  17:42:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it's exactly the same but i perfer the picture laurana being held captive by the Queen of darkness
"up thi sky blues"
elvish lad
Go to Top of Page

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2006 :  23:24:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok Here's my first ever attempt at sculpture. There weren't very many colors in the kit, and I need to work on proportion, but all in all it looks pretty good.

Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2006 :  01:54:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's awesome Woogie!!! He looks pretty pissed off.

"I have sinned enough against the world. Teaching magic to a kender would ensure my damnation." - Raistlin
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2006 :  02:53:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that is pretty good, and especially for a first time! So, how big is it? Did you use an armature? And how long did it take? (Yes, I’m a girl of many questions.)

I remember the first time I did a sculpture. My teacher did not mention to me that I did not need an armature, so when I was done, I couldn’t put it in the kiln--and, being clay, it just fell apart...so, there went 30+ hours of my time. Now I just try to ignore sculpture--you’re hands get really cold anyway (with clay at least).

And as for the proportions, you’ll definitely get better at it. I’m not that bad right now, but I’m intending to study up on anatomy a little so I know the proper proportions. I was in the process of drawing a Laurana until I realized that her legs were too long... now I’m just waiting for my art class next semester so I can complete it.

Anyways, awesome job, Woggie!

Go to Top of Page

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2006 :  05:18:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its probably about 8 or 9 inches tall. Yes I used an armature. Its oil based clay so its still, and will be for a very long time, soft. I said I need to work on proportion because of his left "Hamburger Helper" hand. Total time spent was somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 hours. Its hard to be exact since I did it at work in between tech calls. I plan to see if I can find some gold clay so I can re-do the skin parts. I also plan on doing the rest of the companions for my desk. I think it will compliment the origami chess set I folded very well. The kit I used was very informative for beginners. It came with a book, clay, tools and armature wires and cogs. I found it for 10 bucks at Costco (a warehouse store).

Edited by - Woggie on 14 Nov 2006 05:21:54
Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2006 :  21:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like how you did his hair!

Go to Top of Page

elvish lad

United Kingdom
385 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2006 :  17:38:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that's really impressive sculpture of Raistlin, are you doing any more. it would amazing to see all the sculptures of the companions. very good keep em coming. :)
"up thi sky blues"
elvish lad
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000