Dragonlance Movie Site Forums
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Fantasy Discussion
 Games
 What Games are you Playing?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Slorg Posted - 13 Jul 2008 : 06:38:31
Like the movie and book threads.

I just bought Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Civilization: Revolution for PS3.

Assassin's Creed is alright so far. It's fun to jump around and climb up walls like a ninja and all that.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is great, but only if you don't mind long cut scenes. I swear I've sat through about 4 hours worth of cut scene footage so far, and that is not an exaggeration! I don't mind though, as it progresses the story nicely, and I have to say the motorcycle chase scene is one of the most intense video game levels I've played in years.

Civilization Revolution is cool so far. It's very similar to Age of Empires and Command & Conquer. The graphics are nice and bright, and it's nice to get away from blood in a game. It's pretty easy so far, but I've only played for a few hours.

I've also been playing a lot of Diablo II in preparation for Diablo III.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dark mage Posted - 12 Mar 2022 : 01:50:43
quote:
Originally posted by Golden_eyes

My husband loved Ghosts of Tsushima, so much so that I just bought him the vinyl score for it. From what I've seen and heard the game was very well done... but I still have no time to play it

Actually, on the score topic, I have also gone to a lot of live symphonies for games as well: Zelda, Final Fantasy, and just the week before last: Final Fantasy VII. I definitely suggest it! So good. But I wonder what the classically-trained musicians think about playing these silly game scores for all the young "kids" lol

As a note, I was told that Nintendo is having a sale for the next few days. If they have Luigi's mansion, I might just buy it and finally play a game again lol...

Ghosts of Tsushima is time consuming for sure. I only put it down because Tales of Arise came out and I really wanted to play it. Its so vast, even with all the time I put in I have barely scratched the surface. Even one quest and sometimes take hours. Its worth it though.

lol well the pieces of music in these "kids" games are very sophisticated and I feel like trained Musicians would hear the quality of what they are playing. Regardless of what the music will be used for.

lol Nice.

"Ladies and Gentilman welcome to my life again" Sonata Artica
Golden_eyes Posted - 11 Mar 2022 : 16:05:20
My husband loved Ghosts of Tsushima, so much so that I just bought him the vinyl score for it. From what I've seen and heard the game was very well done... but I still have no time to play it

Actually, on the score topic, I have also gone to a lot of live symphonies for games as well: Zelda, Final Fantasy, and just the week before last: Final Fantasy VII. I definitely suggest it! So good. But I wonder what the classically-trained musicians think about playing these silly game scores for all the young "kids" lol

As a note, I was told that Nintendo is having a sale for the next few days. If they have Luigi's mansion, I might just buy it and finally play a game again lol...
dark mage Posted - 07 Mar 2022 : 00:15:36
quote:
Originally posted by Golden_eyes

I've never heard of Tarraria either, hmmm. What kind of gameplay is it? I like solo games, so no mmorpgs for me lol, I guess live-action rpg is what I lean towards.

There was a time when when a game launch was a huge deal, and everyone was aware of it! Now that the gaming industry has eclipsed the film industry, there are so many games being produced that it's really hard to pick and choose--or to even know about them. That's why I felt E3 was always a huge deal.

Story and character development are a must for me, so if those are lacklustre, I'd rather not play it and move on to something else. I personally rely heavily on reviews and recommendations when purchasing anymore. Maybe I am a game snob LOL

That being said, my husband and I randomly decided to play A Plague Tale: Innocence during covid (appropriate, right?), and I found this little indie game really fun. It was well done, and I heard that they will be making a sequel to it

Story and Character development are also really important to me, which is why I love FF9 (I am so sorry that you had a poor experience with the game, glitches suck). I feel like the Legend of Mana succeeded because of its look and its unique world building, you literally build the world piece by piece as you go. Its really neat. Sadly I dropped it to play Ghosts of Tsushima and also the new Tales Game. Now I am playing the remaster of FF9 and the Nostalgia is strong lol.

Indie games are neat but I have not played any.

Golden_eyes Posted - 24 Feb 2022 : 16:07:01
I've never heard of Tarraria either, hmmm. What kind of gameplay is it? I like solo games, so no mmorpgs for me lol, I guess live-action rpg is what I lean towards.

There was a time when when a game launch was a huge deal, and everyone was aware of it! Now that the gaming industry has eclipsed the film industry, there are so many games being produced that it's really hard to pick and choose--or to even know about them. That's why I felt E3 was always a huge deal.

Story and character development are a must for me, so if those are lacklustre, I'd rather not play it and move on to something else. I personally rely heavily on reviews and recommendations when purchasing anymore. Maybe I am a game snob LOL

That being said, my husband and I randomly decided to play A Plague Tale: Innocence during covid (appropriate, right?), and I found this little indie game really fun. It was well done, and I heard that they will be making a sequel to it
dark mage Posted - 03 Jul 2021 : 00:53:11
Tarraria? Dont think I have heard of it. I have been playing my way through The Legend of Mana and the lack of story is bothering me. Beautiful game though.

Piper Posted - 25 Jun 2021 : 06:19:40
Ive been playing a lot of tarraria lately its been fun I use to many platforms but its been fun to annoy people with the sheer amount of unnecessary platforms I use!

Self is the only prison that can ever bind the soul

Keep to the beam

Ka

PiPer
Golden_eyes Posted - 12 Aug 2020 : 18:34:13
Once upon a time, I had played FF9, but then when I switched from disc 2 to disc 3, the game glitched and every time I got hit I would immediately die I. was. so. mad. I just could never bring myself to replay it.

Games on the go for me are Link's Awakening and, eventually, Kingdom Hearts 3. For however long waited the game is seemingly how long it's going to take me to pop it into the PS4...
NinjaMaster 42 Posted - 31 Aug 2009 : 11:26:14
oh. that should be intrsesting.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas My Honor is my Life
Kalowen Posted - 31 Aug 2009 : 08:09:24
yes it does. Hermione's level is learning to control transfigured rabbits (leprifores) and dragons(draconifores).
NinjaMaster 42 Posted - 30 Aug 2009 : 22:55:43
I thought only the Goblet of Fire had Dragons. Prisioner of Azkaban has no Dragons at all as far as i know.

Kalowen Posted - 30 Aug 2009 : 21:02:22
I'm playing Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Askaban....again....for the 50th time. Its not that bad. At least it has dragons, even if they are small transfigured dragons.
NinjaMaster 42 Posted - 30 Aug 2009 : 17:42:44
I'm playing Halo 3 and Soulcalibur 4 on my 360 and Morrowind on my PC. I am looking for different games though.

Tas kender hero Posted - 07 Aug 2008 : 14:47:52
ooohhh i'm so glad someone started this topic!!!

Right i'm nearing the end of kingdom hearts 2, and playing lego indy with Jeran although we have finished it once its just sssoooo much fun!!! then on the DS regualy looking after our nintendogs lucky, dasiy and max
then playing zelda and the phantom hourglass whitch we're stuck on big time!!!!
dark mage Posted - 01 Aug 2008 : 02:07:57
I dont think so I was in a pretty bad situation. You see I had tried to make my way back to one of the towns so I could by more potions but I couldnt find the way I used up all of my health tonics and most of my party was dead. Yeah so I just desided to start all over again.
killerdx Posted - 31 Jul 2008 : 13:59:57
well when you bring it over soon we wuill se if im better then you lol jkzjk jkzjkz you shouldof just playd it form waere you were and could have betean it in a week or two.

Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000