DL Characters - Enneagram
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2020 :  22:46:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enneagram typing is similar to Myers Briggs, but instead of MBTI personality type that shows "how we behave", Enneagrams will indicate "what we believe".

There are 9 types, and with each "Main Type," you can also have a wing. It may be written like: 1w2. wings must be a number beside the Main Type number, so 1w5 does not exist. The wing is the largest percentage next to your main number. You can learn more and take the free test here:

www.truity.com/test/enneagram-personality-test

I don't know AS MUCH about this kind of typing, but when writing my own characters, I find that it can be very different from MTBI personality types. Try listing the Main Type of the DL characters (don't worry about wings for now, unless you feel strongly about it). Here is the starter list!

Tanis
Laurana
Kitiara
Sturm
Tas
Flint
Caramon
Raistlin
Riverwind
Goldmoon

And, also, feel free to mention your own type when you guess at the DL characters!

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2022 :  18:23:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will do what I did in the MBTI thread, and line these up to other characters so this is a little more fun I will go first:

For Enneagram I am a 5w4: the "Iconoclast" or "Philosopher". This is a harder type to come across, so I will try to find some fictional characters, while also trying to stick to the fantasy genre:

Yoda (Star Wars)
Gandalf (LoTR)
Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes)
V (V for Vendetta)
L (Deathnote)
Peter Parker (Spiderman) I thought this was an interesting one but it keeps coming up.
Lucius Fox (Batman)
Raistlin Majere

Before even looking this up, I thought this, so I would agree with the assessment--especially when pairing it up with the other fictional characters. The only thing I would add is that Raistlin is probably an unhealthy 5w4, as he harbours a lot of resentment. But I think the core characteristics are rather spot-on:

-Appears lost in thought or absentminded
-Extremely difficult-to-crack inner world
-In-depth knowledge on specific subjects of interest
-Gives insightful, well thought-out responses
-Thinks extensively before speaking
-Has clear boundaries between family, friends and work
-Withdrawn and extremely independent

Thoughts? What character(s) does your personality line up with and do you agree with it? I found this site which I think will make it easier, but typing characters is very subjective, so it helps to crosscheck with a few sources.

www.personality-database.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000