Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

gnimsh
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  15:24:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, yeah, I forgot, I do own the movie and even tho I thought it could have been better I still thoroughly enjoyed it and I want to see them to continue with the story I dont care how they do it.

"Hope is the denial of reality.
it is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." RAISTLIN MAJERE
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2008 :  21:04:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personaly I dont care if they never make another animated movie of DL or not. The first one sucked royal ass so if they do make another one they had better step it up. And please fire Kiefer f***ing Sutherland, he was horrable! He murdered one of my fave charactures he was not even a remotly good Raistlin. So if they make another one fine I'll rent it watch it once and then never agian, or if its an improvement maybe I'll buy it just to contiue the colection. Someone call me when they make the Live action, and when and if they do I hope they dont use the animated movies as a reference
Go to Top of Page

Raydash
Starting Member

Mexico
2 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2008 :  00:14:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Dragonlance suffers from the same critisism as many other hardcore-fan licenses. The fans (us) are expecting so much of the movie that in the end we feel we didn't get what we wanted. It's part of the process... Margaret and Tracy created the characters and the universe for us, and they became OUR characters when we read their stories. Now they have to borrow those characters from us and show us with sound and motion what we knew only from words and pictures. A thousand readers and viewers with a thousand different versions of Tanis, Rastlin, Tas... The movie writers, Director, actors, animators... all brought something to their vision of Dragonlance. I think it is natural to be unsatisfied when the expectations are that high and the budget so low. I would like to see the movies of all the Chronicles.
Go to Top of Page

Slorg

Australia
996 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2008 :  09:14:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I completely agree with Raydash. Pretty much sums it all up.

Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2008 :  00:44:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sigh I suppose you two are right though it still dosnt change my opinon about Kiefer. Maybe our expectations were a bit high but I think we were all expecting something a little better then what we got. As fans we want the best because we love DL so much and we want to see the films do well. And the first one well lets just say I dont think it warented or inspierd much inthuseasm for a second one. Im just saying that if the next one isnt a step up I dont think it will stay above water for long.
Go to Top of Page

gnimsh
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  22:49:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So very true. The second movie will have to do something to keep the general crowd interested, not just us DL fans.Without the movie watchers us book readers might not see the third if they don work out the kinks with DOWN.I just hope the bridge hasn't been burned already with the way DOAT turned out.I love the books and even though the movie fell short of my expectations i was still satisfied with it.All in all, it is a step in the right direction and i hope it keeps moving forward istead of coming to a screaching hault.

it is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." RAISTLIN MAJERE
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  23:13:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I somewhat agree with you Gnimsh. I would also like to see the movies carry on for the benifit of those who enjoyed the first one, unfourtunetly I was not one of them. But if the second and third ones go well and they show a lot of fan support mybe they will be the leaverage needed to get the live action in production. I just hope, as I said before, that they dont use the animated movies as a reference.
Go to Top of Page

MrStatesTheObvious

USA
1188 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2008 :  04:43:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd also suggest that they hire a new director. I just recently learned that the same guy directed Captain Planet, which explains why the DL movie had all the subtlety of a ton of bricks.

---
I'm not a snob. Just overeducated.
DLMS Forums: We whinge because we care.
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2008 :  13:50:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Captain Planet? What was that some lame 80's cartoone?
Go to Top of Page

gnimsh
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  17:28:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well as far a live action films go i think we can hang that up.The Chronicals started as animation may as well finish it in animation.Then, if the animated trilogy works well i would love to see The Legends trilogy as live action films. Still we are banking on the fact that The Chronicles setd the appropriate platform to make it possible.

Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  17:58:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He is also the director of the animated x-men series that was one of the most successful cartoon series of our time. Which happened to come out in the 90's.

"I picked up an electric guitar. What does this signify? I'm going to play some heavy metal riffs and you will die!" -Troublemaker, Red Album, Weezer
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  20:52:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I suppose with a tittle like X-men under his belt he cant be that bad. Just step it up a bit thats all I ask. And why stop at animated? I think all of us would love to see a live action, possibly one that would rival The Lord of the Rings. To stop at animated films would be an unbarable shame.
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  22:53:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gnimsh

...Then, if the animated trilogy works well i would love to see The Legends trilogy as live action films...

You know, I think that The Legends Trilogy might be a better Live Action than The Chronicles would be. I wouldn't be upset if they followed your line of thinking, gnimsh. Great point!

quote:
Originally posted by james

ps: Vodka is a devil that makes you go running around in the wilderness like Zombies are chasing you. Please drink in moderation!
Go to Top of Page

Esucarys
Starting Member

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2008 :  13:36:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about a CGI animation like Beo-wulf? I have not done any research to find out what kind of a budget something like that would require, but working with computer graphics myself, I know that, with the proper staff, it's a lot like cartoon animation. My only concern is, it seems like they filmed much of Beo-wulf with living people, then imported it into a live-to-CGI program, so that would mean, I am assuming, a larger budget.
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2008 :  14:22:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both Beo wulf and 300 were filmed with live actors put into what Escurays called a live to CGI program. They were both good movies but I dont think I would like that look for Dragonlance.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000