Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2007 :  23:06:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just picked up twilight princess. I'll let you guys know how its is in a day or two.
Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2007 :  16:18:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I''m about two hours into thegame now and its realy not bad. It is veryy diffrent from Wii sports in that you can play the game sitting down.
I was very surprised and even a little dismayed at how little your arm movements have over the sword attacks and etc... For example, to do the classic spn cut, you just shake the nunchuk controler. It would have been a lot more fun, and a little more dangerous if you had to spin in a cirle.
But the game play is very fun, and very much like classic Zelda games. Puzzles, so far aren't increadibly easy. They let you know what you have to do, but give you no direction as how to go about doing it.
The wolf aspect of the game is very similar, only without the swinging of the sword stuff. The atacks he uses take a little getting used to, same with moving around. He doesn't turn very well.
You also get a horse in the game, which I named Glue, who plays a large part in things. But I'm not to sure yet as to how big. He jumps over fences, and again takes a little getting used to.
The graphics are pretty decent. The wii didn't go the route of PS3 or X-Box 360 by bettering their graphics so they are very much along the same lines of game cube graphics and so are a little cartoony. But Link looks pretty cool. One of the best ones I've seen of him, and same thing with Zelda. The world blends very well with the characters, and I quickly became used to it.
Its still a little early to rate this game, but I really like what I've seen so far, and I think I will like it even more as I get used to the controls.
Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2007 :  17:36:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay, replying to my own posts...

Finished the game last week, and it was one of the better games I've seen in the series for a long while. I was a little dissapointed at the interaction level with the wii remotes and etc. I thought I'd have more control over the swings of the sword and blocking with the shield, etc... The being said, the fishing part of the game is ALOT of fun! Especially when you get to the part when you use a reel on the rod.
Go to Top of Page

Naestra

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2007 :  05:47:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that sound kool! a little disapointing about the controls though!
i'v not managed to get on twilight princess yet :( dont want to get it for the GC, so im waiting to get a Wii :)

Bought a DS lite the other day, playing GBA games on it is SO GOOD! the backlight really helps, and the colours come out alot richer :)

I think i have have to copy some zelda games to some blank DS cartriges Phantom Hourglass will be wicked when it comes out :)

Twilight Princess excites me I think from what i'v seen, and (not to be weird or creepy)... Link looks hot ;)

xxx
Go to Top of Page

DungeonMaster
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2007 :  19:50:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was the first game I ever bought for my NES, back in the mid 80s... ah the memories.

Go to Top of Page

PunkxBoy
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2007 :  17:14:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably the best game boy, Nintendo 64, and Wii game ever. I havn't beet the Twilight Princess yet but i have played every single Zelda game out there and probably one of the best games ever made. The only one i have not played is the one for Game Cube. I dont recall what it was called. My favorite so far is probably the Majora's Mask or Ocarina of Time. (I have not played zelda for NES)

Go to Top of Page

Tas kender hero

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2007 :  12:00:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AAAAAAHHHH i love little link gotta be up there with hte best all time games!! Ocarina of time was a great game loved those monsters that sort of humpped u to kill you when he went forward in time they where in the town square

check me out at
www.myspace.com/jemmiekaye
Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2007 :  21:58:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The NES games were the hardest ones ever! I've never been so lost, or died so many times as I did in those ones. Seriously, burning that bush to get to the last level!?!?!?! I was on that for a month and a half. And i never was able to get far in Zelda 2.

On a side note. I got a kitten the other week. I named him Link.

Why insult the door's purpose by locking it?
—Favorite kender expression, Dragons of Winter Night
Go to Top of Page

Tas kender hero

United Kingdom
1638 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2007 :  22:06:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AAAHHH James hes a cutey! wait till i show my little girl she'll go crazy for him she's hoping for one for her birthday next month!!

check me out at
www.myspace.com/jemmiekaye
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2007 :  18:25:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, he's so CUTE!!! *thinks about her own kitty at home*

“We pity him. We hate him. We fear him – all because there is a little of him in each of us, though we admit it to ourselves only in the darkest part of the night.”—Justarius
Go to Top of Page

Huma

141 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2007 :  16:11:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The orginal Zelda on NES is the best game ever. Period. MaybeI am just getting old but I got that game for xmas along with my nintendo back in the mid 80s. Bes xmas ever. I still play Zelda on my PC with emulators. The second Zelda was the only one I didn't like too much. Played it beat it, never looked back. All the rest have been cool. The SNES one was awesome as were both the N64 Zeldas. The Game Cube one was so so. Didn't like the animation style of it. The Game boy ones were all cool, especially Windwaker. The new one for Wii looks awesome but I don't have a Wii yet. Did you know they sell a sword and shield attachment for the Wii controllers for that game. That way you can hack and slash your way through the game Link style. Great game series. Like it much better the Final Fantasy.

Huma
Go to Top of Page

james
Advanced Member

Canada
2800 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2007 :  17:39:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't know they had a sword and shield! Aw crap! That would have been sweet! I now feel like I've been robbed of something special...

Why insult the door's purpose by locking it?
—Favorite kender expression, Dragons of Winter Night
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
702 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2020 :  18:26:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So... no one has mentioned Breath of the Wild???

I barely have time for games anymore, but, man, did I log over 150+ hours on this. After 3 years I STILL play this just to tool around in the BOTW Hyrule. Totally rivals Ocarina of Time. There are so many amazing parts of this game, I could spend hours listing them, but I'm wondering who out there has bought and played?

The only negative that I heard about this game was that it had a lack of classic dungeons. Although I 100% enjoyed this game, I would tend to agree. The shrines and Divine Beasts are fun, but it's really lacking in that creepy ambiance like what was seen in the Forest Temple or The Bottom of The Well. The villain was also a bit lackluster when compared to an evil mastermind like Ganon, but I think it's ramping up for a hell of a sequel. I honestly can't wait. I have a feeling that they are going to take the players' feedback very seriously and will be including dungeons and a proper villain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fr1Z07AV00
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000