Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

mmajere
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2008 :  03:06:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im unhappy that this movie is so terrible. I was very excited to learn it was being made, and its like the easter bunny drank my last beer and stole change from my dresser...

Roadstar1600
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2008 :  05:45:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm unhappy first of all that the animation was outsourced to India. I've lost two jobs in the technology field due to outsourcing. Outsourcing has rendered my college degree virtually useless. Second, I'm unhappy with the poor quality animation that was done as a result of the outsourcing. Third, I'm unhappy at how fast the paced moved in the movie, and how much was skipped in order to make it fit into 90 minutes.

Last, I'm unhappy that such a small budget was given for the movie, which is what caused 1, 2, and 3. If Eragon can get such a huge budget, why can't Dragonlance? Look at all the money George Lucas talked Fox into giving him for his "space movie." He knew how to make a sale. I'm really curious to know what Eragon's book sales were vs. Dragonlance, and what each movie's budget was.
Go to Top of Page

Slorg

Australia
996 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2008 :  13:18:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with every point Roadstar1600 brought up, though I still ultimately enjoyed the movie.

The animation made me visibly cringe a few times.
Go to Top of Page

maddmattg
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2008 :  15:36:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm unhappy that Verminaard had a dishtowel over his face. What the hell was that?

I'm unhappy that I gave in and bought this movie after all the people told me "it was a rough trailer it'll look better, like the cover art".

I'm unhappy that piece of garbage is still in my house, I feel dirty just being near it.
Go to Top of Page

Lokan
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2008 :  18:13:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am unhappy because I feel this movie is going to be the death nail for a DL movie franchise.

I am unhappy with the way the DL fans have come out against it. Yes it was a poorly made movie but it is only a first step in getting it to the live action big screen.

I am also unhappy with my brother who has read all the comments on this site and refuses to even watch it. He tells me it is horrible and will not even watch it and make his own judgment. I wonder how many others are doing the same.
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2008 :  18:41:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm unhappy I don't have my movie yet.

-----
I'm always right, even when I am wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Lokan
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2008 :  19:20:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'm really curious to know what Eragon's book sales were vs. Dragonlance, and what each movie's budget was.

Not sure if this reply belongs here but here it is.

I thought this was a pretty good question. From what I can gather it seems pretty hard to get a total number of books sold but I did get some general info.

Best I could do is finding out that DL is number 28 top selling series of all time. The info I found did not even show Eragon in the top 60 (that is as high as it went).

The budget for Eragon was $100 million US dollars.
The budget for the DL movie was $1.5 million US dollars.

This info I cannot say is 100% right but it is all I could find.

Finding this info did add to my unhappy meter a little bit.

Edited by - Lokan on 19 Jan 2008 19:21:20
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2008 :  19:36:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm UNHAPPY because there are folks that insist on pasting their Unhappiness and Negativity all over this website, even on a thread that STATES it is a HAPPY ONE!!!

The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".

Fizban Who?

Edited by - Fizban Who on 19 Jan 2008 20:35:37
Go to Top of Page

Rastawiz

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2008 :  20:04:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am unhappy that there alot negative people on this forum.
Go to Top of Page

Roadstar1600
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2008 :  03:50:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
]Originally posted by Rastawiz
Best I could do is finding out that DL is number 28 top selling series of all time. The info I found did not even show Eragon in the top 60 (that is as high as it went).

The budget for Eragon was $100 million US dollars.
The budget for the DL movie was $1.5 million US dollars.

Wow, if these numbers are in the ballpark, I can understand your frustration. I don't understand why anyone would think Eragon would make a better movie than Dragonlance. If budgeted correctly and the right talent had been hired, I think Dragonlance would be right up there with LOTR and Chronicles of Narnia.

Well, the first D&D movie was horrible and they made a sequel anyway. So maybe we have a shot here. The only problem I see is that the second D&D movie is just as bad as the first. LOL. I'd like the second Dragonlance to be better. <crosses fingers>
Go to Top of Page

mmajere
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2008 :  15:13:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fizban Who

I'm UNHAPPY because there are folks that insist on pasting their Unhappiness and Negativity all over this website, even on a thread that STATES it is a HAPPY ONE!!!

Fizban Who?

Sooo, you would have all people who dislike the movie and wish to share their opinion on a forum dedicated to the movie and discussion, leave? That is true fanboy fantasy world dribble.

Why is it that practically every negative post on this site has a reply by someone trying to debunk it by saying things like "troll", or "its only your opinion", etc etc.? Yet when someone posts a thread saying they like the movie, you do not see people coming back with "you're just a fan!, its only your opinion!"
This clearly shows the insecurity of certain people in their beliefs.

p.s. who cares who made this movie!? many negative posts are being debunked (or trying to be) by others saying that "the authors didn't have much involvement!". so? I don't care if Donald Trump bought the rights and made this movie by hiring his 6 year old grandchildren to do the animation. (and it looks like that is the case). The forum is for the movie, and the movie is garbage. clearly you are going to have to deal with this since there are so many people, a very high percentage, that think this movie is trash... and before the flaming begins... let me add this. I truly love the DL novels, and have nothing against the authors. this is my point. DL = good. DLmovie = poop. end of point.
Go to Top of Page

SirGrotius
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2008 :  16:37:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For me it's an issue of class. The Elmore art has class, the movie's animation does not. In fact, I had to laugh out loud a few times, an it's disheartening, because a fantasy realm needs, requires gravitas to make it work.
Go to Top of Page

Annic
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2008 :  16:44:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'M UNHAPPY BECAUSE I CAN'T GET A COPY OF THE FILM IN REGION 2 FORMAT SO I'VE NOT EVEN SEEN IT TERRIBLE OR OTHERWISE!

Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2008 :  17:52:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fiz, this thread is actually about being UNHAPPY with the film. But there is already a NEGATIVE thread created so this probably should be locked (OMG I'm turning into Slorg's secretary). I don't mind all the negativity because I think it's justifiable. I'm just unhappy about all the insults being thrown around.

"Colt 45. It works everytime."
Go to Top of Page

tw_fester

Canada
1161 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2008 :  17:55:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm unhappy 'cause VD is about to become the coffee gopher for Slorg, leaving me without a job

Cause we've got rocks and trees
and trees and rocks
and rocks and trees
and trees and rocks
and rocks and trees
and trees and rocks
and rocks and trees
and....Waterrrrrr

Rocks and Trees – Arrogant Worms

Besides... that dagger was Flint's.
Go to Top of Page

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2008 :  17:55:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm unhappy that I got 15 minutes into this pile of cellulose and had to turn it off. I just couldn't bear to hear Keifer blare out a dead-pan spell again.

/Yes I think it was that bad.
//I haven't decided if I'm going to finish it yet

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000