Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2012 :  04:37:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL, do not sweat it to much Coty, I'm sure that Raist did not mean to sound so vehement about it....

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

-Edmund Burke-
Go to Top of Page

RaistlinsLight23
Advanced Member

USA
2443 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2012 :  04:42:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, I didn't. I'm actually a very hard to anger person, but I guess in text I may sound angrier than I actually am. I wasn't really angry, I'm just very defensive about Raistlin

"Raistlin!" It was Crysania's voice. Lifting his gaze, he saw her standing before him, holding his hands away from his face, her eyes wide and filled with concern.
"I'm all right", Raistlin said coldly. "Leave me alone!" But, even as he spoke, he sighed and lowered his head again, shuddering as the horror of the dream washed over him. Pulling a clean cloth from a pocket, he began to dab at the wounds on his face.
"No, you're not", Crysania murmured, taking the cloth from his shaking hands and gently touching the bleeding gouges. "Please, let me do this", she said, as he snarled something unintelligible. "I know you wont let me heal you, but there is a clear stream near. Come, drink some water, rest and let me wash these".
Sharp, bitter words were on Raistlin's lips. He raised a hand to thrust her away. But then he realized he didn't want her to leave. The darkness of the dream receded when she was with him. The touch of warm, human flesh was comforting after the cold fingers of death.
And so, he nodded with a weary sigh.

Edited by - RaistlinsLight23 on 07 Dec 2012 04:42:48
Go to Top of Page

merlin the wizard
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2012 :  03:15:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i like see movie base on dl 's war of souls triologoy series

merlin the wizard
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2012 :  05:38:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A good idea merlin that I am sure all of us would like to see but before those can be made the first ones have to be made a success first and so far that isnt happening.

And I can be very devensive when it comes to my favorite mage too

"Ladies and Gentilman welcome to my life again" Sonata Artica
Go to Top of Page

maryrts
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  12:34:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about crowd-funding?
Someone said in this topic that we should create a Paypal account to raise funds for a real movie.
I think that we/someone could show big companies that they could make money doing this movie, that there are a lot of fans hoping for that.

I had the idea after reading this article:
http://www.triplepundit.com/2013/03/will-veronica-mars-kickstarter-campaign-attract-big-business-try-crowdfunding/
But off course, it's just a thought (and maybe a hope).

(sorry for my shitty english)

[]'s
Go to Top of Page

Kriptickilla
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2013 :  14:37:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by maryrts

What about crowd-funding?
Someone said in this topic that we should create a Paypal account to raise funds for a real movie.
I think that we/someone could show big companies that they could make money doing this movie, that there are a lot of fans hoping for that.

I had the idea after reading this article:
http://www.triplepundit.com/2013/03/will-veronica-mars-kickstarter-campaign-attract-big-business-try-crowdfunding/
But off course, it's just a thought (and maybe a hope).

(sorry for my shitty english)

[]'s

that's a great idea have you or anyone you know of either here or another website taken this idea to fruition??? if not we need to get this ball rolling/bouncing!!!
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2013 :  18:54:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a good idea but far as I know nothing is happening at least not around here.

"Ladies and Gentilman welcome to my life again" Sonata Artica
Go to Top of Page

Blackwing
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2014 :  03:58:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all, it's good to be back after being away for awhile.

While I agree with the flaws the animated DL movie has, I'm still hoping this will be a milestone towards a better rendition of the Chronicles series. I think this should serve as a reminder that better things can be done to restore these novels to its place in movie history. Like most fans, I, too, would love to see a live action movie as a much desired medium for Chronicles. However, animation, both in movies and in video games, have advanced so much that they look so life-like. If live action filming is far beyond its budget, then like some fans suggested, a much improved animated movie, in the likes of Beowulf and Shrek, will be a great second choice.

That being said, I do wished if Dragons of Autumn Twilight (DOAT) gets a reboot, here are some things I'd like to see done.

1. Please follow the books. We do not know what Verminard looks like, nor Onyx can shiftshape into a pretty woman till the Villains series came out. We did not see Paladine and Takhisis fighting each other physically either in the first book. Who would've thought befuddled Fizban was actually Paladine till he revealed himself at the end of the Trilogy. These clues should've been kept secret till a movie about their revelation is made.

2. Certain characters need to be kept, no matter how minor they are. Berem, the green gemstone man, was supposedly in the cartoon, but I didn't see him do anything. I know he was not a major player till later on, but he should've been given more character in the cartoon. Porthios was described as a powerfully built and tall elf, but he was the same size as Gilthanas. I would to see the characters portrayed the way they are in the books. And no, a giant Sturm is not what I see on the paintings either.

3. Yes, in order to fully appreciate the marvel of the DL storyline, it will have to be at least 2 1/2 hours long. This will allow key events to be unfolded. Also, a directors cut, longer than the theatrical release, can be included in the DVD for the fans to enjoy. Deleted scenes can be watched in this version without disrupting the continuity or flow of the movie. If Lord of the Rings can pull it off, I believe with the right people, so can the DL Chronicles series.

4. We need good actors, not necessary veterans, but promising new actors who's asking price is affordable. Also, it helps that these actors are familiar with the material and actually like the books in order to execute their performances properly. As for directors, Peter Jackson is an obvious choice. But if he's not up to it, Guillermo del Toro or James Cameron might be asked to helm the film.

These are just some of the suggestions I can think of once someone decides to make the movie possible. I can only hope for the best, just like the rest.

Beware, the Dragon of Many Faces and Colors.
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2014 :  18:47:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your a mind reader Blackwing, I have thought those same ideas all along! ...and welcome back!

"It was a weapon similar to no, it wasn't. Actually it was no, it wasn't that either. It was closer to... almost a... rather it was sort of a lance, that's it! A lance! And it was quite good against dragons."

Fizban the Fabulous, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Edited by - Fizban Who on 17 Apr 2014 18:48:19
Go to Top of Page

Blackwing
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2014 :  03:36:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the welcome, Fizban.

Ever since I was captivated by the fabulous artwork of Larry Elmore, Clyde Caldwell, Keith Parkinson and all the other great DL artists, I've been longing to see the grandeur and majesty of the world of Krynn. Alas, only in my imagination. Then, movies like LOTR, Narnia, Dragon Wars and other live action fantasy films rekindled my hope of seeing the possibility of DL chronicles series as movies themselves. Many elements combined from these existing films represent the essence of creating a DL movie.

From Narnia you got the various mytho creatures like minotaurs, centaurs and fairies. Different dragons from Eragon, Dragon Wars, Harry Potter, Reign of Fire, and most recently, Smaug from The Hobbit, foreshadow the awesome chromatic and metallic dragons of Krynn. We have Game of Thrones, Percy Jackson and other mythological movies that will inspire the human drama regarding the characters. Giants, trolls, orcs, ogres, elves and dwarves abound from the sword and sorcery movies we have seen already.

So, here are all the elements we need to cook up a refreshing look at DL film making. If only I can afford to make them, I would. I'd start with Dragons of Autumn Twilight and follow my recipe. That way, the next two books will have fans anticipating before they even hit the theaters. I'll make this Trilogy the way it should be, by the book. I won't even show any dragons till the moment Onyx exploded from the well and scared the pants off our heroes. And of course, the draconians are a fresh breed of new villains that will terrify the audience.

Oh the glory of Dragonlance!! If only we can make this possible!! That's how much I was inspired that I made those model dragons from my previous posts. Above all else, I'm all for watching those dragons come alive and let loose their dangerous weaponry. Let chaos begin. At least in my mind's eye.

Go to Top of Page

Blackwing
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2014 :  03:58:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh I'm not done yet!!

After a successful tour de force of the Chronicles Trilogy movies, I'll get the rights to film the next blockbuster, The Legend of Huma. Now this one will become the smorgasbord of action, magic, drama and CGI candy of dragons and monsters. And if Huma was a success, I'll make the last movie for me, The Dragons; Lost Histories of Krynn. That will be my ultimate Dragonlance movie. In this movie, I'll make the dragons human enough to warrant their place as the key players that move the story, not just as monsters.

Oh wait, who am I again? Just another fan obsessed with dreams to see these books become a reality as movies, before its too late. Better dream than naught, for from dreams come forth ideas that can make things possible.

Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2014 :  07:17:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is no problem dreaming Blackwing, a couple of times in the past a while ago I found myself inside "The Inn of The Last Home" And I too hope that someone will have the energy and the backing in making the movies. Success of a lot of other movies that you mentioned had unknown stars and know stars mixture. Which seems to help them... ah time will only tell

"It was a weapon similar to no, it wasn't. Actually it was no, it wasn't that either. It was closer to... almost a... rather it was sort of a lance, that's it! A lance! And it was quite good against dragons."

Fizban the Fabulous, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Edited by - Fizban Who on 18 Apr 2014 07:19:07
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000