Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

tw_fester

Canada
1161 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  23:28:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, Sci-fi still has the big draws for the well done films. My main intention for the previous post was for D&D and DoWN specifically as a sub-genre of Sci-fi. We need that one dude or dudette to do an appropriate to genre film so that we can get the real money thrown at DoWN or DoSD.

It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now,to give it a perfect ending,was a little of the Ludwig Van.

Alex -A Clockwork Orange

Besides... that dagger was Flint's.
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  23:39:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VD you have just stated what I have been saying to every one I know for years. You make purfect sence. Aliens give me a brake wtf. they are so old hat I could puke. Besides films arnt ment to be logical or real they are suposed to be entertaining.
Go to Top of Page

pruett66
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2008 :  05:59:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you know that Warner Bros. has optioned the rights for the Shannara series by Terry Brooks? Here is the information that was posted on Terry Brooks sight......."When Peter Jackson released the film adaptation of JRR Tolkien's novel, The Fellowship of the Ring, fantasy fans suddenly realized Hollywood could produce a quality fantasy movie with realistic special effects, strong story, and believable characters. Thousands of fantasy readers wrote into this website, asking if a Shannara movie could be far behind.

Hollywood has finally answered those fans.

Terry has optioned the rights for his Shannara series to Warner Bros until 2010; he has also optioned the rights for his Landover series to Universal Studios until 2009."The Shannara option allows Warner Bros. to adapt any of the Shannara or pre-Shannara novels—which includes Armageddons' Children, The Elves of Cintra, but not the Word/Void books—or take any combination of the books to make a live-action movie. Right now the studio is most interested in adapting The Elfstones of Shannara, which Terry thinks is the best place to start adapting his Shannara novels; Warner Bros. has bought a The Elfstones of Shannara script adapted by fantasy writer and long-time Terry Brooks fan Eldon Thompson. The script will be used as the starting point.

Dan Farah of Farah Films & Management, Ryan Colucci and Eldon Thompson, all of whom were instrumental in bringing movie potential of the Shannara series to the attention of Warner Brothers, will be involved in the production of the film.

The director was announced in the 2007 Holiday Letter, and it is Mike Newell. He has directed large CGI movies (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) as well as strong dramatic films (Mona Lisa Smile, Donnie Brasco). No actors have signed on to the project; no artwork or preliminary work has been started. Terry hopes to see production on the project begin in 2008.

The Landover option allows Universal Studios to adapt Magic Kingdom For Sale—Sold! into a live-action movie, with the chance to use any combination of the remaining books to produce sequels. Scriptwriters Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel continue to draft a screenplay and Stephen Sommers—director of several blockbuster movies—is set to direct. The project has not been greenlit, but if it does indeed go into production it will be announced here.

And as in all things Hollywood, neither of these movies may be made—just because they have been optioned does not mean they will go into production and be released.

Hopefully us DragonLance fans will be lucky enough to get our books snatched up by WB or another big name company.

Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2008 :  08:34:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paramount owns the rights.

quote:
1 Corinthians 13: 4-8, 13
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. LOVE NEVER FAILS. ...And now these three things remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest is love.
Go to Top of Page

Majere Twin
Starting Member

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2008 :  20:47:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you guys not know they're (Paramount) talking about making DOWN right now?
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2008 :  21:24:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not surpriseing.
Go to Top of Page

Kalowen
Advanced Member

USA
4472 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2008 :  22:07:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anamated or Live Action

Shun the Non believer!!!
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2008 :  12:43:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Animated, sequel to the first one. Whoopy, not.
Go to Top of Page

killerdx

Canada
290 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2008 :  20:46:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol your funny
Go to Top of Page

sibertiger
Starting Member

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2008 :  17:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sure hope they are doing a sequel and get Winter Night produced, whether they use all the same people or start anew, it doesn't matter to me. Just seeing the characters come to life after feeling part of the 'family' for so many years is wonderful. Yes, they didn't get them all perfect in certain aspects, but that shouldn't make you complain. AT LEAST they put SOMETHING together for us longtime fans to watch!! And if we make it popular and successful enough, then maybe, with the popularity of fantasy right now, they will look into a feature live action film. Which, in my opinion, Dragonlance has far deeper, more intriguing characters, and much farther reaching adventure and story scope than Lord of the Rings. I was connected to Tanis and the group on a much more emotional level than Frodo and the gang. I can easily see a double trilogy out of the main books, Chronicles and Legends. Now if only I had millions to shell out to get it done!
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2008 :  21:15:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand what your saying but what they ended up putting out was CRAP! Im a long time fan too, but this film made me want to puke! They werent a little off they were WAY off. I felt no conection to those animated jokes. A live action film will never be made if any director sees these abominations. Cause once they lay eyes on them they will laugh their asses off. Sure go a head make a second one, since ya started ya might as well finish but they should go strait to the trash bin. I felt a realy deep conection to the DL characters too thats why this movie was such a disapointment.
Go to Top of Page

nightstalkerpoet

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2008 :  04:22:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We just need an organized plan on how to get Dragonlance promoted enough to gain the recognition. These movies are a start. If the soundtrack wins a Grammy, that alone makes the movie a worthwhile effort. It will bring the story into the public eye. Hopefully people will read the books as opposed to watching the film... but if not, hopefully someone feels confident enough to say "this is a crappy film, but I can make it something amazing!"

-Regards-
Bryan

"Golden... woolly mammoth."
Go to Top of Page

LordJR
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2008 :  11:22:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know the status of a Dragons of Winter Night? Heard some rumors they were thinking about going into production around the time Dragons of Autumn Twilight was released.

In the meantime, Devil's Due publishing finally released all the Chronicles Comics in a 4 book set. Reading through them is like watching the movie in storyboards. If anyone directs a live-action version, I would recommend a review of these comics.
Go to Top of Page

jpaek1
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2009 :  17:01:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

CAST(Dragons of Autumn Twilight)
Tanis Half-Elven..................Matthew McConaughey
Sturm Brightblade................Dennis Quaid
Raistlin Majere....................Kiefer Sutherland
Caramon Majere..................Jason Statham
Flint Fireforge.....................John Rhys-Davies
Tasslehoff Burrfoot..............Ryan Reynolds
Riverwind...........................James Marsden
Goldmoon...........................Rachel Weisz
Laurana Kanan....................Jessica Alba
Gilthanas Kanan..................Jack Black
Porthios Kanan....................Eric Bana
Solostaran Kanan................George Clooney
Fizban...............................Woody Harrelson
Tika Waylan........................Paris Hilton
Forestmaster.......................Michael Caine
Verminaard..........................Thomas Haden Church
Ember.................................Diane Keaton
Flamestrike..........................Diane Lane
Eben..................................Jason Bateman
Bupu..................................Kristin Davis
Khisanth.............................Gwyneth Paltrow,
Paladine.............................Samuel L. Jackson
Takhisis..............................Lucy Lawless
Mishakal..............................Liv Tyler
Kitiara................................Jennifer Garner

Please no. There are voice actors for a reason - the cast should largely be voice actors, not on screen actors that cannot voice act well. Not to mention how much it would cost with a cast like this - the movie would have to be done in black and white or with a Spirograph!
Go to Top of Page

Avionis
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2009 :  20:14:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok so im new the the forums and i agree with 2 things 1 DoAT was a total bust and could have been way better its animation reminded me of the old hobbnit movie 2 sutherland did well as Raist but the tass character could have been written better. I started reading the Dragonlance books at the age of 7 im now 17 and ive read allmost all of the books in the past 11 years i just hope that the one series that i dont run out of will get its due justice with the making of DoWN even if it means scrapping the DoAT movie and making a new (which i hope they do).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000