Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bguy
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  16:12:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kerbs

I hated Laurana when she was first introduced, but the way she turned out to be made me regret how I first felt about her. And then her fight with Beryllinthranox was amazing!

I've seen a lot of people say that about not liking Laurana at first though I've never really understood why. Granted she's a little immature in the first book, but even in that one she displays a lot of bravery, charm, and skill, so you can already tell she has the potential to become something great.

quote:
Originally posted by RaistlinsLight23

Lord Ariakas is above him though. He's just cool.

I thought Ariakas was really impressive in the Chronicles. He radiated power in every scene he was in, and you could see why Raistlin considered Ariakas to be the one person who could defeat him. I didn't like the character assassination W&H did to Ariakas in the Lost Chronicles though. They basically stripped him of all of his sense of power and danger and made him into a hormonal buffoon. (Or in their own words "a dark souled, arrogant version of Caramon.")
Go to Top of Page

kerbs
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  20:54:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah pretty much the reasons Tanis points out sums it up for me about Laurana in the first book. She proved me wrong just like she proved Tanis wrong though. She turns into a serious bad ass.

"You must have dropped it!"
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  23:49:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Realy I dont think they took away from Ariakas`s character too much just gave him a little more dimention. He is the only dragon highlord that is superior to Kit really when you think about it all the others are shown as being pretty weak.

"Ladies and Gentilman welcome to my life again" Sonata Artica
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000