Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Belwas
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2008 :  07:19:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beowulf had costs of up to 1 million dollars per minute ... Even with cheaper actors they couldnt even make a trailer on the budget this movie had.

Until some producer/studio believes enough in a Dragonlance movie to throw 50+ million at it, we will not get the kind of dragonlance movie we all wish for.
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2008 :  12:58:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
50 mill? Dont you think that is streching it abit? Surly it wouldnt cost that much.
Go to Top of Page

Slorg

Australia
996 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2008 :  20:49:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It'd cost at least $50 million.

The vast majority of movies made for less than that don't have very strong box office results.

It would have to be a blockbuster to please most fans, and that means more than $100 million at least.

Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2008 :  14:51:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got an email from Margaret Weis the other day, I thought I would share it with everyone. I had sent her an email asking if she knew how well DOAT had done and if there was any word on whether or not DOWN would be done. Here is the response:

quote:
Originally from Margaret Weis
Daniel,

The movie exceeded Paramount's expectations! And, yes, they are considering another movie. As to the movie, I'm sorry to say that some of the personal attacks on myself and Tracy were so bad that I simply quit posting there.

margaret

It sucks that a few people had to ruin it for the rest of us. But I don't expect to see Margaret and Tracy back on here.

Well, I thought that I would share that info.

quote:
Originally posted by james

ps: Vodka is a devil that makes you go running around in the wilderness like Zombies are chasing you. Please drink in moderation!
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2008 :  15:48:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scanndalus

I got an email from Margaret Weis the other day, I thought I would share it with everyone. I had sent her an email asking if she knew how well DOAT had done and if there was any word on whether or not DOWN would be done. Here is the response:

quote:
Originally from Margaret Weis
Daniel,

The movie exceeded Paramount's expectations! And, yes, they are considering another movie. As to the movie, I'm sorry to say that some of the personal attacks on myself and Tracy were so bad that I simply quit posting there.

margaret

It sucks that a few people had to ruin it for the rest of us. But I don't expect to see Margaret and Tracy back on here.

Well, I thought that I would share that info.

quote:

ps: Vodka is a devil that makes you go running around in the wilderness like Zombies are chasing you. Please drink in moderation!

I'm not surprised she didn't want to post on here anymore. People forget that the authors are human beings or something.

-----

If you have a problem with a user send me an email in my profile.
Go to Top of Page

tw_fester

Canada
1161 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2008 :  16:02:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And that they were consultants only...not responsible for the fabrication of the movie.

Just for clarification Scan, was she talking about us,(DLMS) or Nexus?

It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now,to give it a perfect ending,was a little of the Ludwig Van.

Alex -A Clockwork Orange

Besides... that dagger was Flint's.
Go to Top of Page

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2008 :  16:27:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must have missed those personal attacks.
Go to Top of Page

Vassor Doss
Advanced Member

USA
2224 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2008 :  18:57:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess you have to eat the crapola and smile too.

I don't think anything we said was a specific personal attack on the authors (that I can remember). I think we all just felt that the movie fell well short of it's potential in almost every way. And yes, the authors are blameless, but we should be able to criticize and to express our opinions however truthfully hurtful they may be.

"And why do we fall Bruce? So we pick ourselves up again."

Good advice there Papa Wayne. I think MW and TH must know that we crave perfection, and the cartoon didn't even come close. But maybe it can be a learning tool?

"How do God and Devil combine to form a live dog?"
Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2008 :  21:21:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She was talking about here, they worship her at the Nexus. LOL. There was a lot of really nasty stuff right after the movie came out. A lot of it got deleted due to how bad it was. Sirch and Slorg had a REALLY hard time keeping up. But they managed.

quote:

Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2008 :  22:05:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scann what is that e-mail address for her? I would like to thank her for her everything. I more than likely will not get an answer but I am almost sure she will see it at least.

The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".

Fizban Who?
Go to Top of Page

Sirch
Advanced Member

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2008 :  22:57:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back to the subject at hand I'm happy to hear that they are considering a second movie.

I didn't give a negative review of the first movie but that doesn't mean I thought it was all that good, I just didn't necessarily think it was all bad. I'm hopeful that if they decide to do another movie it will do a better job at it.

-----

If you have a problem with a user send me an email in my profile.
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2008 :  23:19:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That truly goes without saying, Sirch. I am ecstatic that we will get to see the second book on the screen. And like you I like the DVD and am very glad I got it.

The single most dangerous thing in all of Krynn is to hear a Kender say "oops".

Fizban Who?
Go to Top of Page

tw_fester

Canada
1161 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2008 :  00:20:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed, could have been better but I am glad I have it. Actually I just watched it again a couple of nights ago. My GF came down and watched the last half with me (being French, she didn't get it all but was asking some good questions to get up to speed with the story, so she was engaged in the movie)

Fizban Who, if you do send an email, then let her know you are not the only one who appreciates her and her efforts. I sincerely believe the trolls have left.

Sirch and Slorg did (and do) a bang up job. (No, James I am not going for coffee again) I guess I just blanked out all the negativity and wiped it from memory. Most were not very comprehensive in their views and I considered them shit-disturbers, just for the sake of stirring the pot, thusly I ignored them. Very few, in my memory, where thoughtful, yet critical (thus worth listening to), like our long lost friends Tonka and Oldfan.

I am looking forward to bigger and better with DoWN, since it did better than Paramount expected. That puts a smile on my face

It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now,to give it a perfect ending,was a little of the Ludwig Van.

Alex -A Clockwork Orange

Besides... that dagger was Flint's.
Go to Top of Page

Slorg

Australia
996 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2008 :  04:21:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah we had a hard time taking out the trash, so to speak. I saw plenty of things before I deleted them that would easily hurt someone's feelings so I don't blame them. It's a shame because the trash has been permanently removed from the premises.

Anyway, with a second movie possibly coming maybe we'll hear from our old friends Oldfan, Tonka, and Gems.

I certainly will check out the new movie if/when released if only to check and see if the main complaints have been addressed.

Go to Top of Page

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2008 :  12:52:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fizban Who

Scann what is that e-mail address for her? I would like to thank her for her everything. I more than likely will not get an answer but I am almost sure she will see it at least.

Actually I found her on myspace. And yes, it is the real Margaret Weis. Her personal myspace is:
www.myspace.com/margaretweis

Her Margaret Weis Productions myspace is: www.myspace.com/mwpltd

And Gems has been posting recently in the Inn thread.

quote:

Edited by - Scanndalus on 26 Aug 2008 12:53:35
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000