Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Versingetorix

Canada
276 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2008 :  16:38:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the day i see paris hilton in a DL movie is the day i gouge my own eyes out.

Just because a thing isn't true doesn't mean you can't believe in it! ... Some
of the most important things we believe may or may not be true ... that people
are basically good ... that honor, courage and virtue are everything ... that
money and power, power and money are nothing ... and that love ... true love
never dies. ... They may or may not be true but we believe in them, because
they're the only things worth believing in."

I wanted to tell her that sometimes in my long sleep I dreamt of her
Go to Top of Page

Lamassu

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2008 :  17:26:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Versingetorix

the day i see paris hilton in a DL movie is the day i gouge my own eyes out.

Amen brother, the day I see Paris Hilton associated with anything DragonLance, is the day I burn all my books, comics, gaming material, even the dvd, and pretend DL never existed. She is a useless human being, and her involvement would greatly tarnish DL, besides... she couldn't act if her life depended on it.
Go to Top of Page

Raistlins Apprentice

USA
309 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2008 :  13:09:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think she could pull off acting like a skank pretty well. Thats sooo NOT hot.

"Mortal world turned to Ice, here be goblin paradise!"
"Higher higher burning fire, making music like a choir!"
Go to Top of Page

tw_fester

Canada
1161 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2008 :  11:04:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tonkatough

Hey what about that natorious kissy kissy scene between Laurana and Elistan. I mean Lordy lord what where they thinking? You really want to see a continuation of that in the next movie cause they can't just leave it hanging.

Ok, here's a thread I will hang myself with. (thin one to be sure).

Maybe the "elf" that was kissing Elistan was another elf that just happened to "look" like Laurana. After all, to us humans, they all look alike.

(hey, I said it was thin...I warned you)

Cause Rippy the 'gator went chomp, chomp, chomp.
Rippy the Gator went chomp, chomp, chomp
Passin the time by ending children's lives.
Down in the bottom of the swamp, swamp, swamp.

Rippy the Gator - Arrogant worms

Besides... that dagger was Flint's.
Go to Top of Page

mrs shadewest
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2008 :  15:47:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by james

Sturm doesn't die in this book. Nor does Tas loose his immunity to fear.

I suggest you go back and re-read DOWN, James. Or read for the first time, rather, if you're going to say Sturm doesn't die in DOWN. and Tas does indeed start to feel fear.

Go to Top of Page

shadewest
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2008 :  16:03:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by james

Sturm doesn't die in this book.

Say what? I don't know what book you were reading, mon ami, but I remember the scene well, including Laurana talking smack to Kitiara over defiling his body.

Versingetorix even posted the Elmore painting of the scene in this very thread.

You do realize were talking about Winter Night in this thread, don't you?
Go to Top of Page

sprite
Starting Member

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2008 :  18:06:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrs shadewest

DOWN is full of raw emotion. It's a very sad story, but this production team has proven they don't care about capturing the emotion involved when Laurana grows up, when Tas starts to lose his immunity to fear, when Sturm dies, and Laurana's speech at his funeral. So leave the rest of the trilogy be.

I think the confusion over the comment about Sturm dying has to do with the fact that when you mention the production company not caring, it makes it sound like you are talking about the current movie. I admit I was confused by your comment at first, too, but upon re-reading it, I think what you are saying is that because you feel the company did a bad job with this movie, they have proven they will do a bad job with the next, including the above mentioned details. Just trying to clear up my own confusion. I'm a little slow sometimes (honestly, it's only sometimes! )

I am actually looking forward to the rest of the series. Yeah, it's got it's problems, and I definitely hope that the people involved with creating it will make some improvements. But I took the first movie with a grain of salt, didn't expect too much, and got about what I expected. I, personally, experienced the raw emotion through reading the books, and I'll get my fix that way. The DVDs I'll watch simply for their entertainment value (which isn't much to a lot of you, but what can I say? I'll admit it - I'm easily entertained! Lol!) I also think that now that we've seen the first one, we know approximately what to expect. Hopefully (eternal optimist that I am) it can only get better, or at the very least, stay the same.
Go to Top of Page

tw_fester

Canada
1161 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2008 :  21:45:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sprite

quote:
Originally posted by mrs shadewest

DOWN is full of raw emotion. It's a very sad story, but this production team has proven they don't care about capturing the emotion involved when Laurana grows up, when Tas starts to lose his immunity to fear, when Sturm dies, and Laurana's speech at his funeral. So leave the rest of the trilogy be.

I think the confusion over the comment about Sturm dying has to do with the fact that when you mention the production company not caring, it makes it sound like you are talking about the current movie. I admit I was confused by your comment at first, too, but upon re-reading it, I think what you are saying is that because you feel the company did a bad job with this movie, they have proven they will do a bad job with the next, including the above mentioned details. Just trying to clear up my own confusion. I'm a little slow sometimes (honestly, it's only sometimes! )

I got the same impression the way it is written. Now that I see the post-James comments, I understand what was trying to be said.

Just miscommunication, MHO.

I have to pay the ferry to cross the Galilee.
But not my brother, he walks across for free.
I finally get to work, about 1/4 after nine.
Already he's turning water into wine.

Jesus' Brother Bob- Arrogant worms

Besides... that dagger was Flint's.
Go to Top of Page

Lamassu

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2008 :  10:21:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Dragonlance sequel might be over before it begins. It seems our favorite Indian animation company "Toonz" is being sued for copyright infringement by the Foo Fighters. Check it out.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20080220/en_music_eo/d4ebdb43_fcc54c0b_9345_1dbf52e45f05 _ylt=AvY2eXpDnlpRxNqgD3pPkKOs0NUE

Edited by - Lamassu on 21 Feb 2008 10:21:55
Go to Top of Page

Hilljax

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2008 :  12:44:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually that could be really good. Then They could go with a better animation/production company for DoWN.

Complaining on the Internet has replaced baseball as America's favorite past-time.
Go to Top of Page

Nathaniel

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2008 :  10:52:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wells

quote:
Originally posted by anya

i just saw the first DOAT movie and i have to say, though it was not as i would have done the movie, but it was still a very good adaptation of the first book.

as for it being 100% like the book, well it was not and we have to live with it.

now when they do the second book(and they will) i am sure they will follow the first movie and not the book.

i say this because i have worked in hollywired over years doing mostly extra work and both directors and producers try to follow what they think will work.

however;

if they scrap the first effort, scrap the original production team including the authors and big name b-grade actors and start afresh with a new and improved DOAT and take it from there.

i would wager that they would go from cartoon to cgi to give it more realism in both action and with the way things look and feel.

also, if they go that route, then they should have the voice actors read each book before they are needed to put their voices to the film.

as for the actors, well lets have a poll as to who is the voice for whom.

let me start:

CAST(Dragons of Autumn Twilight)
Tanis Half-Elven..................Matthew McConaughey
Sturm Brightblade................Dennis Quaid
Raistlin Majere....................Kiefer Sutherland
Caramon Majere..................Jason Statham
Flint Fireforge.....................John Rhys-Davies
Tasslehoff Burrfoot..............Ryan Reynolds
Riverwind...........................James Marsden
Goldmoon...........................Rachel Weisz
Laurana Kanan....................Jessica Alba
Gilthanas Kanan..................Jack Black
Porthios Kanan....................Eric Bana
Solostaran Kanan................George Clooney
Fizban...............................Woody Harrelson
Tika Waylan........................Paris Hilton
Forestmaster.......................Michael Caine
Verminaard..........................Thomas Haden Church
Ember.................................Diane Keaton
Flamestrike..........................Diane Lane
Eben..................................Jason Bateman
Bupu..................................Kristin Davis
Khisanth.............................Gwyneth Paltrow,
Paladine.............................Samuel L. Jackson
Takhisis..............................Lucy Lawless
Mishakal..............................Liv Tyler
Kitiara................................Jennifer Garner

Produced & Directed by.........Ridley Scott & Tony Scott

you can agree or not, but post your own cast and the Producer & Director for the movie

whats meant to be will always find a way

hahahahaha
Man would that be a movie! I think the Wachowski Bros would be better for direction though.

right.... paris hilton as tika and Jack Black as Gilthanas... this isnt a comedy... i mean yes they do have funny moments, moments where you practically fall off your chair laughing... but all around its a pretty series tone, i just cant see it with that cast

________________________________________________________________________________
"In literature not only are characters and story imortalized... but so are the Authors"- Nathaniel
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2008 :  23:59:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kiefer!!!!! Are you crazy?! He was horrible as Raistlin I want to strangle him for buchering that role, and shoot who ever asked him to do it and I dont care who they are! What the hell were they thinking?
Go to Top of Page

Gerard uth Mondar
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2008 :  02:51:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dark mage

Kiefer!!!!! Are you crazy?! He was horrible as Raistlin I want to strangle him for buchering that role, and shoot who ever asked him to do it and I dont care who they are! What the hell were they thinking?

Personally i think Sutherland was the only actor that didnt suck, sure he could have done better but hey he almost nailed the voice, but the tone wasnt quite "dark" enough per say and the writers just plain sucked so can we really blame him?

A kender Trail song "Your one true loves a sailing ship that anchors at our pier.We lift her sails,we man her decks, We scrup her portholes clear;

And yes, our lighthouse shines for her, and yes our shores are warm, We steer her into harbor- any port in a storm.

The sailors stand upon the decks,the sailors stand in line, as thirsty as a dwarf for gold or centaurs for cheap wine.

For all the sailors love her, and flock to where shes moored each man hoping he mite go down all hands on board."
Go to Top of Page

Raistlins Apprentice

USA
309 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2008 :  03:01:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still think he would do a great Tanis.

"Mortal world turned to Ice, here be goblin paradise!"
"Higher higher burning fire, making music like a choir!"
Go to Top of Page

Gerard uth Mondar
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2008 :  01:29:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sutherland playing Tanis?..hmm well thats certainly MUCH better than Michael so, in all truth i think Kiefer could probably pull both roles off if it really came down to it. But if it was going to be a live action film, get someone like the guys in this cast video i found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8Hh3NEKjNY

just a fans opinion but i think it almost nails it dead on

A kender Trail song "Your one true loves a sailing ship that anchors at our pier.We lift her sails,we man her decks, We scrup her portholes clear;

And yes, our lighthouse shines for her, and yes our shores are warm, We steer her into harbor- any port in a storm.

The sailors stand upon the decks,the sailors stand in line, as thirsty as a dwarf for gold or centaurs for cheap wine.

For all the sailors love her, and flock to where shes moored each man hoping he mite go down all hands on board."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000