Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2012 :  18:01:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did not say better I said other but anyway.

"Ladies and Gentilman welcome to my life again" Sonata Artica
Go to Top of Page

HammerFall

863 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2012 :  03:48:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my bad
Go to Top of Page

kerbs
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2012 :  04:56:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fresh start would be best. Whoever picked it up would have to just forget about the animated movie and create something new. Live action I think would be the best, and if they listened to the hardcore fans about how to split the books into movies and suggestions for casting it would grab a lot of attention of people who had never even heard of the books. A lot of people had never read the LotR books and went to see the movies and were blown away and later picked up the books just because of how well the movies were done. They would need to split the first 3 books into at least 4-5 movies, and this is why I think it would be very hard for anyone to pick it up and run with it.

You must have dropped it!
Go to Top of Page

HammerFall

863 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  02:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least they could try to make a Video game out of this I mean im sure someone could make it seem like a great game on the PS3 Xbox 360 and Wii....wait forget the stupid thing just make a game on the PS3 and Xbox 360.
Go to Top of Page

Coty
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2012 :  13:14:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Making a game is a great idea, and with Xbox Live Arcade a good game can be made without the hassle of expensive packaging for download. However they would need to get the green light from Wizards or whoever owns the actual rights to Dragonlance.
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2012 :  17:01:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A game would be a good idea but I think if the movie came out first it would be better. The reason being if a game is made first the creators of the movie may become lazy and just use the game as the model.

Go to Top of Page

HammerFall

863 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  02:23:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are right Cuz. Maybe they should make a real life movie first then game after.
Go to Top of Page

Coty
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  11:23:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A movie would be great, a real life movie.

If they went animated again, I say go the rout of Beowulf and Polar Express, the real looking animated.

I would love to see it done right with a cast of not big time stars but a nice ensemble. No need to try and spend 20 million on Brad Pitt and 20 million on some other big star.
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2012 :  17:20:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sometimes the actors make the movie though. A movie full of no name actors can be a success no doubt about it but with a movie like this you may need at least one big name to act as a draw.

Go to Top of Page

HammerFall

863 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2012 :  00:38:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if they make a real life movie of this then at least use Kevin Bacon. He is a great actor and not becuase of Footlose f*&k that movie I like him better in the tremers movie. I also liked him in hollow man. that or use Russle crow.
Go to Top of Page

Coty
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2012 :  14:35:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would think if they went the rout of say grab a younger star on the rise to play Tanis, not a super young hipster but Joel Edgerton or Nikolaj Coster-Waldau would be the perfect Tanis and then the rest of the cast can be flushed out with young upcomers. Raistlin and Caramon would need to be cast well Cillian Murphy would be a great Rastlin and Tom Welling playing Caramon. They look alike and Welling is 6'3 and Murphy is a weasel looking dude.
Go to Top of Page

RaistlinsLight23
Advanced Member

USA
2443 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2012 :  19:32:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I reeeeeeeeaaaaally hate it when people suggest that Cillian Murphy play Raistlin. I really dislike him, and I don't think he looks anything like how Raistlin should. Maybe it's just me, but that choice really gets to me. He looks like a sad attempt at a pretty boy gone really wrong and one who aged badly. Sorry, that was just my little rant. The second suggestion for Tanis looks alright...

"Raistlin!" It was Crysania's voice. Lifting his gaze, he saw her standing before him, holding his hands away from his face, her eyes wide and filled with concern.
"I'm all right", Raistlin said coldly. "Leave me alone!" But, even as he spoke, he sighed and lowered his head again, shuddering as the horror of the dream washed over him. Pulling a clean cloth from a pocket, he began to dab at the wounds on his face.
"No, you're not", Crysania murmured, taking the cloth from his shaking hands and gently touching the bleeding gouges. "Please, let me do this", she said, as he snarled something unintelligible. "I know you wont let me heal you, but there is a clear stream near. Come, drink some water, rest and let me wash these".
Sharp, bitter words were on Raistlin's lips. He raised a hand to thrust her away. But then he realized he didn't want her to leave. The darkness of the dream receded when she was with him. The touch of warm, human flesh was comforting after the cold fingers of death.
And so, he nodded with a weary sigh.

Edited by - RaistlinsLight23 on 29 Nov 2012 19:33:40
Go to Top of Page

Coty
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2012 :  17:46:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ouch did not mean to touch a nerve

Who would you like for Raist? I hope it is not the white hair guy from Buffy the Vampire slayer i do not like that choice if it is...James Marsters or something er other? He seems to be a fan favorite.
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2012 :  18:27:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just so long as they dont make the mistake of useing that idiot from 24 again like they did with the animated film I am good.

Go to Top of Page

RaistlinsLight23
Advanced Member

USA
2443 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2012 :  19:49:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love James Marsters in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but I do not believe he would be the best choice for Raistlin. I think Richard Armitage is a good choice.

"Raistlin!" It was Crysania's voice. Lifting his gaze, he saw her standing before him, holding his hands away from his face, her eyes wide and filled with concern.
"I'm all right", Raistlin said coldly. "Leave me alone!" But, even as he spoke, he sighed and lowered his head again, shuddering as the horror of the dream washed over him. Pulling a clean cloth from a pocket, he began to dab at the wounds on his face.
"No, you're not", Crysania murmured, taking the cloth from his shaking hands and gently touching the bleeding gouges. "Please, let me do this", she said, as he snarled something unintelligible. "I know you wont let me heal you, but there is a clear stream near. Come, drink some water, rest and let me wash these".
Sharp, bitter words were on Raistlin's lips. He raised a hand to thrust her away. But then he realized he didn't want her to leave. The darkness of the dream receded when she was with him. The touch of warm, human flesh was comforting after the cold fingers of death.
And so, he nodded with a weary sigh.

Edited by - RaistlinsLight23 on 05 Dec 2012 19:49:42
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000