Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Begeyt
Starting Member

Turkey
6 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  18:02:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of my friends is working to be a film producer. Until now he made some amateour filming as he kept researching and meeting with professional and semi-professional producers in Turkey. And I am helping him with ideas to film and meeting with people that could help him in his er... purpose (?)
Right now we're prepearing a trailer like short film for a gaming magazine. With some semi-prof. producer's help I think we will make a good thing.
So. I thought why don't we make a short live action movie about DL ? I talked about it with my friend and he also liked the idea. So we decided to do it after this gaming magazine thing if we can. I have some ideas in my mind. It will be like a err... summary of first trilogy. I'm thinking to film the most important parts. In a trailer like atmosphere. Like the meeting of the company. Some important events etc... Around 10 minutes.
Well I wanted to ask about your ideas. Any suggestions ? Any advice ?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to open this thread. But it seemed right. If not, I apologize.

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2012 :  18:24:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ten min huh? Wow, well it would be interesting to see never the less. After the meeting of the Companions maybe the flight from Solace, the capture by the elves, and the finding of the dragon orb? It will depend upon how big of a budget you have though right?

"Ladies and Gentilman welcome to my life again" Sonata Artica
Go to Top of Page

Begeyt
Starting Member

Turkey
6 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2012 :  11:52:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it may be longer. Depends on the budget as you said. We don't know how much money we will spend on the project we're working on now and even though we get some techinal help, we don't have a financial sponsor. So we don't know how much money we can use on DL movie. Right now i'm thinking on possible scenario so i opened this thread for some ideas. :)
Finding the DragonOrb and the capture by the elves are good enough to add. My main concern is: How are we going to do the Dragons... :D
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2012 :  18:01:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Tas wicker thing always made me laugh.......

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

-Edmund Burke-
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2012 :  05:57:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh for sure, the dragons will probably be one of the most dificult elements, time consumeing and possibly expensive. If you do get to make it be sure to post the finished product here.

The wicker dragon yes hillarious

Go to Top of Page

HammerFall

863 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2012 :  18:49:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would say make it really good because the fans would be disapointed if they make a crappy movie.
Go to Top of Page

nightstalkerpoet

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2012 :  20:16:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My suggestion would be use The Soulforge as your basis.

Here is my vision for a trailer:

Show Par-Salian in his Chamber at the Tower, speaking with Antimodes

Par-Salian
"The tides of war are changing, my friend. The Queen of Darkness has been quiet too long. (Flash an image of a woman in a black robe) The Knights of Solamnia have begun amassing their troops. Perhaps we should fill our ranks as well."

Antimodes
"In my journeys, I found a boy... He has the gift. He might be able to help us"

Par-Salian
"What was his name."

Antimodes
"Majere. Raistlin Majere"

Cue the action music.

Show the scene of Raistlin being knocked out from beneath his chair, show Gilon's funeral, show Raistlin walking in on Caramon and the girl he was supposed to meet, show him "Burning at the Stake" in haven. As many action emotion shots as possible.

Then quiet the trailer, and show the first test, I magus, with the parchment, with some closeups of his face and wide shots of the room with the Master and other 2 students. Have Raistlin's prayer as a voiceover.

"I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment of my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment."

The words I Magus burst into flame.

Lunitari stands before Raistlin, flanked by Solinari and Lunitari on either side, surrounded by darkness.

Lunitari
"What will you give us in return"

Raistlin
"Anything."

Solinari shakes his head solemnly, but Lunitari and Nuitari laugh menacingly. The scene fades to black, and the title "Dragonlance: The Soulforge" pops up, with some credits, then an abrupt sound, and at the very end you get a 5 second clip of Raistlin, looking ready to collapse, as the Dark Elf prepares to attack.

-Regards-
Bryan

"Golden... woolly mammoth."

Edited by - nightstalkerpoet on 19 Jul 2012 20:22:05
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2012 :  23:54:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its amazeing how you maped that out and made it sound so awsome

Go to Top of Page

HammerFall

863 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2012 :  00:09:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes it is I agree
Go to Top of Page

RaistlinsLight23
Advanced Member

USA
2443 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2012 :  16:50:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh wow. I just had a Raistlin obsession moment come back when it was just starting to fade away...man he is so the best character I've come accross. I would loooove to see some kinda movie with these things. Please someone!
Go to Top of Page

HammerFall

863 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2012 :  18:54:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
please someone anyone please lol
Go to Top of Page

RaistlinsLight23
Advanced Member

USA
2443 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2012 :  20:09:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YES!

"What do I see? I see time as it affects all things. Human flesh withers and dies before my eyes. Flowers bloom, only to fade. Trees drop green leaves, never to regain them. In my sight, it is always winter, always night."
Raistlin Majere - Dragons of Winter Night

Edited by - RaistlinsLight23 on 20 Jul 2012 20:09:29
Go to Top of Page

HammerFall

863 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2012 :  23:21:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*high five*
Go to Top of Page

marole
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2013 :  10:22:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you

Edited by - Fizban Who on 08 Jul 2013 04:04:31
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2013 :  17:10:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nightstalkerpoet

My suggestion would be use The Soulforge as your basis.

Here is my vision for a trailer:

Show Par-Salian in his Chamber at the Tower, speaking with Antimodes

Par-Salian
"The tides of war are changing, my friend. The Queen of Darkness has been quiet too long. (Flash an image of a woman in a black robe) The Knights of Solamnia have begun amassing their troops. Perhaps we should fill our ranks as well."

Antimodes
"In my journeys, I found a boy... He has the gift. He might be able to help us"

Par-Salian
"What was his name."

Antimodes
"Majere. Raistlin Majere"

Cue the action music.

Show the scene of Raistlin being knocked out from beneath his chair, show Gilon's funeral, show Raistlin walking in on Caramon and the girl he was supposed to meet, show him "Burning at the Stake" in haven. As many action emotion shots as possible.

Then quiet the trailer, and show the first test, I magus, with the parchment, with some closeups of his face and wide shots of the room with the Master and other 2 students. Have Raistlin's prayer as a voiceover.

"I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment of my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment."

The words I Magus burst into flame.

Lunitari stands before Raistlin, flanked by Solinari and Lunitari on either side, surrounded by darkness.

Lunitari
"What will you give us in return"

Raistlin
"Anything."

Solinari shakes his head solemnly, but Lunitari and Nuitari laugh menacingly. The scene fades to black, and the title "Dragonlance: The Soulforge" pops up, with some credits, then an abrupt sound, and at the very end you get a 5 second clip of Raistlin, looking ready to collapse, as the Dark Elf prepares to attack.

-Regards-
Bryan

"Golden... woolly mammoth."

...how in heck did I miss this?!?

This is awesome!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

-Edmund Burke-
Go to Top of Page

Blackwing
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2014 :  03:32:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you need some help, please let me know. I've been itching since the 80's to see a good movie about Dragonlance. Any Dragonlance movie!! Perhaps I can lend my model making skills as a basis for your CGI dragons. Bring it on!!

Beware, the Dragon of Many Faces and Colors.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000