New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Genghis
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2008 :  12:03:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Somewhat recently (not more than a year ago maybe...) I read an excerpt from a book. So it should be fairly new. Now I can't remember the title/author!
I think it was a Forgotten Realms setting.
The main character was a halfling who was pretty bad-ass, I think he might have been a druid of some kind because I remember him turning into a tree or something like that during the excerpt. A caravan was traveling through some woods. During the night one of the men was dragged off. The halfling tried to track him. Suspicion ran through the camp. Eventually some giant insects showed up I think and attacked them. There was something about some kind of a disease possibly that kinda turned people zombie-like and made these ants or insects freak out and attack.

Any help?
This is really frustrating.

Thanks,
G

Scanndalus
Advanced Member

USA
2566 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2008 :  13:09:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have any names of characters or places? Otherwise, I have no idea. It sounds familiar, but I may just be confusing it with something else.

quote:
Originally posted by james

ps: Vodka is a devil that makes you go running around in the wilderness like Zombies are chasing you. Please drink in moderation!
Go to Top of Page

Genghis
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2008 :  13:23:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's what's bugging me so much.
I don't remember characters or title but I remember really liking what I read.
I think I read the excerpt either on the WoC website or possibly Amazon when it was advertised as a new release.
I may have been confusing the taking over people's minds zombie-style part, but the rest is right for sure.
The halfling at one point jumped into a tree and was able to watch but not be seen.

It's too dark a night to walk with your eyes closed
Go to Top of Page

Golden Genral
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2008 :  14:48:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, .....

It sounds vaigly familiar. Could ou possibly explain the chaactors a little more?

I know wht u mean whn its frustrating me nd ma m8 the other day were trying to think of a song.. .( not as baad as a book but ah well!) :) I found out in the end its called the only difference between Matrydome and suicide is press coverage. Panc at the disco.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I knw how frustating ull get but soon enough ull remember whn ur least thinking about it lolm ==].
(well thts wht i do at least..)***

The darkness will not Concor all. No matter how much darkness it the world there will allways be hope. Hope That tomorrow Paladine shall roam the land once again.
Go to Top of Page

Arwen30
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2008 :  02:15:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Possibly The Halfling's Gem? That's the only one I can think of. The halfling's name is Regis. This is what I can find on it...hope it helps:

The Halfling's Gem

Assassin Artemis Entreri whisks his kidnapped victim, Regis the halfling, south to Calimport and into Pasha Pook's vengeful hands. If Pook can control the magical panther Guenhwyvar, Regis will die in a real game of cat and mouse.

Using an enchanted mask, dark elf Drizzt Do'Urden hides his heritage and races with the barbarian Wulfgar to save their light-fingered friend. An unexpected ally arrives just as Entreri springs a trap. But can Regis survive unscathed?

The companions from Icewind Dale battle pirates on the famed Sword Coast, brave the deserts of Calimshan, and fight monsters from other planes to resuce their friend . . . and themselves.

"Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry......"

""...they get really angry, did you know that? Especially when you go 'mooo' at them. It's amazing how fast an angry minotaur can run when he's chasing you." --Tasslehoff Burrfoot"
Go to Top of Page

Genghis
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2008 :  10:35:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, It's not Halfling's Gem.
I swear it was a newer book. New characters. Probably had to do with around the time they changed the game rules to allow things like greater combinations of race and class. So it might have been around the time of 3rd edition (?).

It's too dark a night to walk with your eyes closed
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000